Questions for Guest Talks...

slaycandy

• Showmasters Admin

Guest Talks Questions!

If you have a particular question that you would like asked at the guest talks, we now have a new way of submitting these to Massive Events prior to the convention! On each of the Massive Events' websites there is now a Guest Talks Questions submission form that you can fill out - all we need is your question, and the name of the guest you want it asked to.

These questions will all be read and checked prior to being used at the weekend. The best (and most varied) questions will be selected and used during the guest talks each day of the event.

For those of you that have been to a Massive Events convention in the past and seen the system of filling out a small paper form and leaving it in a box, this is basically the same procedure, but it helps us to get more organised prior to the event so that you get the best range of questions on the day!

Please do not post your questions on the forums as they won't be checked, if you do have a question please fill out the form.

We look forward to reading the questions that you come up with and hope that this makes the guest talks run more smoothly in the future!

To submit a question for Eternal Twilight: CLICK HERE!

SJ

x

PS. Please note, only submit questions to guests that are currently confirmed to be attending an event, not guests that you hope will be there. Thanks!

Edited by slaycandy

Paul is awesome and it makes the Q&A's flow when someone else asks the question. It's a great idea to have the chance to think of a question so far in advance. I've gone completely blank in Q&A's before and then thought of something awesome to ask ten minutes too late!

Edited by Big_Pants

Probably a stupid doubt :lol: but who's gonna ask the questions selected?

At our cons we have an MC (Paul). He asks the questions in the talks :D

I really like having Paul do the questions. LOADS of mine and David's got asked at Eclipse 2, but we gave fake names each time :P

Probably a stupid doubt :D but who's gonna ask the questions selected?

At our cons we have an MC (Paul). He asks the questions in the talks :unsure:

I really like having Paul do the questions. LOADS of mine and David's got asked at Eclipse 2, but we gave fake names each time :P

Ahhh! - were you Mr Strap!

I have nearly been caught out a couple of times on the fake names - I blame the light and the handwriting rather than being hungover ;) Good questions though - keep them coming

Cheers

Paul J

• Showmasters Admin

Brill idea B) I'm going to have to think about the question. I'm not sure what to ask really, as I don't want to go for the obvious questions that everybody will ask..

Someone has to ask the obvious ones! :D

If no one else does, I will, hehehe.

SJ

xox

Probably a stupid doubt ;) but who's gonna ask the questions selected?

As Too Tall has pointed out we have an MC Paul, who rawks! But having an MC read out the questions is really useful at guest talks, as it eliminates a few things:

1) Potentially awkward questions.

2) People just asking for 'hugs' or similar.

3) Talking back and forth for too long and not getting through many.

4) Different accents, and the need to repeat questions.

5) Spending time getting the mic around, or trying to find who wants to ask questions etc.

Basically it makes the guest talks run far smoother, so that the maximum number of questions can be asked in each talk that time allows, and everyone gets to hear some really interesting (and sometimes hilarious) answers to the questions.

Submitting questions beforehand using the form just helps Paul prepare before the event so that not only will everything go smoothly on the day - but there will be a fantastic mixture of questions too!

Hope that helps clarify the guest talk procedure a little bit better for anyone who is new to these events!!

*hugs*

SJ

xox

PS. David B if you're reading this, yes I did rip off your list, it was useful!

Ahhh! - were you Mr Strap!

I have nearly been caught out a couple of times on the fake names - I blame the light and the handwriting rather than being hungover :D Good questions though - keep them coming

Cheers

Paul J

We did normal names ... most were Lost related. Ben, Henry, Kate etc :D

Although, I obviously was the one who submitted the Twilight question for Adair :wub:

• Showmasters Admin

There have been a few questions submitted for members of the Twilight cast that are not guests at this event - please only submit questions for guests that are currently attending the event. If a guest is announced later that you wish to ask a question to then submit your question for them then. I did add a PS stating this above when posting this thread, however have now editted it to stand out more for anyone that missed it. :)

Thanks guys!

SJ

x

Great idea - it got really boring at the LOTR talks listening to an endless stream of fans asking Billy Boyd "did you like the present I got you?", or watching the other guests looking bored while the "cutest" guest in the talk got all the questions. Really good way of avoiding that situation.

Will get thinking of some decent questions.

• 2 months later...