Latest Guest Announcement Ernest Borgnine

showmasters

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After reading on here in the last couple of weeks that (and correct me if I'm wrong) Ernest Borgnine and Mickey Rooney don't get on, am I going to have a problem getting them both to sign a Simpsons episode guide book I've got (the episodes they guest starred in are both in the first Simpsons episode guide book, which covers the first eight seasons)?

After reading on here in the last couple of weeks that (and correct me if I'm wrong) Ernest Borgnine and Mickey Rooney don't get on, am I going to have a problem getting them both to sign a Simpsons episode guide book I've got (the episodes they guest starred in are both in the first Simpsons episode guide book, which covers the first eight seasons)?

I think this is just one of those old myths. Fom what i've heard/read there's no truth to it at all. I think they share the same agent/representation.

Im sure the pair would be delighted after 60 plus years in many many great movies to sign your Simpsons episode guide.

Im sure the pair would be delighted after 60 plus years in many many great movies to sign your Simpsons episode guide.

Not very nice :D

It reminds me of the story i heard about someone asking Charlton Heston star of Ben Hur,Planet of the Apes,El Cid etc etc could he sign his FRIENDS (the sitcom) dvd.

Hey but if thats what you want signing thats what you want signing its all down to personal taste.

Edited by Phantom

gonna love me getting a Ernest to add to my Robert Vaughan auto on my BASEketball dvd then... :P

i would say tho, Robert was quite impressed by me getting that signed as he hasnt signed many, if any, of them before and its quite different to anything he had done before so he had a lot to say about it. Its kinda nice getting different things signed

I do that a lot when I dont pay for autographs (e.g. at theatres, public events etc), but at cons I invariably have more important things to get signed above those which might be more interesting

Edited by mcgill

I dunno

With referance to the Charlton Heston thing i know personally id have gone for Ben Hur or Taylor from Planet of the Apes rather than a 5 minuite appearance in a sitcom.

Its almost like meeting George Lucas and just getting a copy of Howard the Duck signed.

But its what your into yourself at the end of it all.

A lot of actors like recognition for the quirky or more recent stuff theyve done but sometimes as in the case of Malcolm Mcdowall at the Gmex it looked like someone had stuck a rocket up his a**e when i asked him to sign my copy of his 70s flick O LUCKY MAN after looking so glum signing Heroes and Halloween stuff for everyone in the que in front of me.

Edited by Phantom

I dunno

With referance to the Charlton Heston thing i know personally id have gone for Ben Hur or Taylor from Planet of the Apes rather than a 5 minuite appearance in a sitcom.

Its almost like meeting George Lucas and just getting a copy of Howard the Duck signed.

A lot of actors like recognition for the quirky or more recent stuff theyve done but sometimes as in the case of Malcolm Mcdowall at the Gmex it looked like someone had stuck a rocket up his a**e when i asked him to sign my copy of his 70s flick O LUCKY MAN after looking so glum signing Heroes and Halloween stuff for everyone in the que in front of me.

HA! If i met George Lucas that is definitley the one dvd i would have to get signed! :D

That reminds me a bit of last Autographica. Took along my Live and Let Die masterprint to get Gloria Hendry on it finally. I had only one decent space left and it was next to Geoffrey Holder, I asked her to sign the space and she wasn't having it and she signed in a different smaller space. She wasn't rude or unfriendly (the opposite in fact) but she wouldn't sign next to him! Didn't quiz her but I assume they don't get along?

Why not? They were happy to do the shows so therefore they should be happy to sign anything related.

Thanks for your support Lizzy, in response to what I asked in my last post. I would have thought they would be happy to sign the book. I'm hoping to have some other books signed as well (George Kennedy - Dallas, Joan Collins - Mission: Impossible and Dynasty, David Warner - Remington Steele and George Lazenby - Hawaii Five-O).

I dunno

HA! If i met George Lucas that is definitley the one dvd i would have to get signed! :wub:

Haha... as long as no-one asks him to sign their "copy" of the Star Wars Holiday Special i'm sure it will be OK. :wub:

Howard the Duck was a classic when i was a kid. :wub:#

As for the actual topic of this thread... i am really looking forward to meeting Ernest.

One of my favourite films when i was young was the Black Hole, then in my teens i loved Airwolf, it was my second favourite show (second only to Knight Rider) and then when i started collecting videos one of the first and favourite films was Convoy... I still love that movie.

I hope they have pictures from Convoy there... it would make me so happy. :wub:

Edited by Richie Rich

Hello.

Going tomorrow(Sunday). Is mr.Borgnine ok about having photo taken with him using own camera? How about Mr.Kennedy and Mr. Rooney too?

:D

Ernest was awesome... he was posing for photos and full of smiles... Micky Rooney had a sign behind him saying "No posed photographs" so i doubt you will get one but good luck.

As for George Kennedy, i didn't see i'm afraid... sorry.

I know

Its just me

Im a movie snob.

No, not just you. Someone I asked (cant remember who) was saying they might get a guest to sign a Simpsons thing as well and I thought, "oh...anti-climax!" There's so many great films some guests have done with great signature parts, why choose just a one-off cameo appearence in The Simpsons?

Ernest was great and funny. Very lively and obviously loved being there. I overheard one comment of his to a fan when they asked if it was ok to get a pic, "I thought you'd never ask!"

Edited by nicky

Ernest was absolutely brilliant.

Since meeting him at the weekend, I've picked up his autobiography, which is brillaintly titled:

"I don't want to set the world on fire, I only want to keep my nuts warm".

I've only read a few chapters, but it's a good read so far.

If anyone else is looking for it, it's sometimes advertised online without the "risque" title above.

Stephen

Ernest Borgnine was a true gent and it was a great pleasure to meet him. Am sure he's gained some more fans because of how he was with everyone unlike a certain miserable midget sat nxt to him

Edited by madmilburn