Case in Point

Kenny

I loved Eclipse 2 - it was probably the single greatest weekend of the year so far. Stephen in particular was fantastic, and you guys made the weekend run so smoothly, I can remember 4 different people telling me how great it is that everything is running so smoothly! So kudos to you, and please please keep on running them as you are, they're perfect!

That said (as per topic title) there is one minor gripe... no one knows about it! I'm in Birmingham airport right now with another cancelled flight and have been flicking through my photos looking at them, and over 10 people have come up to me asking to look at them, and saying they're gutted they missed such an awesome event because they didn't know!

I guess I'm saying two things here - one is that I love the shows you guys do, they're amazing, and two is that you need to advertise more! The market is there, they just don't know it!

The most important point though is that I loved it.

LOVED IT! Thank you guys:)

I've only once seen advertising in the Metro newspaper.

Would'nt have mattered if you'd got the train as this morning there was a rail replacement service between Northampton and Coventry due to signalling failure, I should have been home around 4pm today, got in at 7pm.

I agree, Kenny. It was absolutely awesome! It was even better than I imagined. I didn't want to go to bed last night as that meant the event was pretty much over!

Sazzy and I did get talking to 4 businessy people on the train home and we were telling them all about it too. I think at least one of them is going to Google Showmasters! =D

Yeah, I went straight back to the bar and ordered two pints of guinness:D I was flicking through my photoshoot photos and people kept coming and asking where I got them (hence this thread).

It's funny how 'the train isn't for half an hour, let's have a quick drink to pass the time' turned into an all day session and many pints;)

its good to do more advertising but you've got to be carfeful .. cos if loads of people wanna come then they will sell all the ticket within a flash .. good news for sm but bad news for us because its less likely that we will be able to get a ticket in time :D

It's true, I also prefer the small cons - far more intimate. The only problem with the small ones is that it's unlikely that there'll be enough people at them to generate the income required to book some of the 'bigger' names.

Honestly? ONE of these people >>>>> Milo & Adrian put together

(and that's totally bitchy, let's hope they don't read this lmao)

Basically, I personally don't need someone to be "a bigger name" because quite often it's the "smaller" names who are more interesting and approachable, which is what makes the con better for me.

Edited by Psychosis

• Showmasters Admin

That said (as per topic title) there is one minor gripe... no one knows about it! I'm in Birmingham airport right now with another cancelled flight and have been flicking through my photos looking at them, and over 10 people have come up to me asking to look at them, and saying they're gutted they missed such an awesome event because they didn't know!

I guess I'm saying two things here - one is that I love the shows you guys do, they're amazing, and two is that you need to advertise more! The market is there, they just don't know it!

yep we could spend lots on adds and let lots more people know about the event the ad in the heroes magazine costs around £2600 per page which is less to spend on the event and an add in the sun would be around £7500 so yes we can pay out more to let the fans know about the event but it means we have less to spend on the event its self

and one thing i must say even when we do a gigantic add campane there will still be people that miss it

so we do spend money on adds and fliers but if you all help us promote the event it will make the events much better as we can spend the money on the guests and the event and not on expencive adds

thanks for the input though and i am glad you had a great time