Annoying hotel policy change

• Showmasters Admin

I think you will find that some silly people left it to the very last minute to cancel , and at the registration desk they had info on rooms available at the Park

It is annoying when some people prefer to stay at the Con hotel but miss out because of those not turning up

Indeed. We put all of our crew in the Ibis due to a shortage of rooms at the Park Inn. We did it so that we were effected and not the attendees. I was more than a bit annoying to turn up on Friday at 6pm to find out that we could have been in the Park Inn after all. But by then it was too later to cancel the Ibis bookings. I just think some people don't think or realise that their actions do have an effect on other people.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Showmasters Admin

It has already been stated by myself and confirmed by Jason in this thread, and it is also advertised on the website, that:

if the event is cancelled or dates change, then your money for the hotel room WILL be refunded.

Just to clarify that for Firefly fi... (you of all people should know to check the site by now woman!! :D)

SJ

xox

Edited by slaycandy

It was a great Con, i actually flew down Saturday and also only wanted to meet Stephen and in the end was glad to meet the others and it was such a relaxed and friendly event, the staff was very helpful, the crew are always amazing and the fun things planned at night hehe so funny, the attendees are always put first by ME+SM.

And u came to see ur southern b*tches too lol

(that the REAL reason Fi came, was to see us :P and Party till early hours)

On Monday morning, someone in our group asked at reception and was told that the entire advance room payment was non-refundable unless the event was cancelled.

OK, so the non-attenders this time have really screwed everybody else. How lovely of them. (By which I blame the non-attenders rather than the hotel, who have a business to run).

However, if you try to book now via the website as Mr (or Ms) Random Jo(e) Public (rather than ringing in as a convention delegate), does it still demand full payment and offer no refund? Or have they booked all the rooms out (to the convention) already?

On Monday morning, someone in our group asked at reception and was told that the entire advance room payment was non-refundable unless the event was cancelled.

OK, so the non-attenders this time have really screwed everybody else. How lovely of them. (By which I blame the non-attenders rather than the hotel, who have a business to run).

However, if you try to book now via the website as Mr (or Ms) Random Jo(e) Public (rather than ringing in as a convention delegate), does it still demand full payment and offer no refund? Or have they booked all the rooms out (to the convention) already?

I was with that group monday when it was asked, and the person who did ask was told by reception that ME/SM have booked the whole lot in advance.

(i was the one that asked i was just told this along with several others including morden)

Taz

Booking the hotel out in full is best way to get a decent rate for those going.

Anyone not happy at the price which does include a good breakfast , should look at what is charged in other con hotels and then realise the Park is a good deal doing it this way.

It is a real shame some have spoilt it for the regular ones who faithfully use their room , and I know the policy of being able to cancel meant in theory they did no harm, BUT, my complaint is the lateness in which it was done by somr people.

one of the people i work with just forked out 280 for one room at the weekend when at another con, so park inn price works out good, just a shame that some people were selfish and gready this time around and spoiled it for others.

thoughs who said they were going to cut there losses shoukd have rang soner, but in the same breath park inn should have rang the poeple on there waiting list and they didn't, i would hav quite happily changed to park inn when i saw the route i had to take to ibis

Yeah, Ibis was great last year as it was just across the road, but having to walk through that dark park area, this time, made it so much worse and there was no way I was doing that walk alone at night!

Edited by Lenatalia

OMG, I know, LMFAO I found it so awkward to walk through this really dark and small path you could practically see NOTHING on. in March it was much easier to take the short cut, that was so very blocked this time around! They need to invest in some lights. :D