Guest Encounters

Lizzy

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I didnt go to any but I think in general everyone bid less money which is def the way to do it.

Once one person has put like £30 or above then everyone starts to panic and bid the same or more.

If everyone keeps it low then that's what they'll go for.

xxxx

I paid £7 to go to Stephen's guest encounter on Sunday and it was really worth it. He was very funny, really interesting, very frank and told some great anecdotes.

For me Alan and Stephen were by far the most interesting guests on the panel as a whole and I'm very chuffed I got to chat to Stephen - having sworn I wasn't going to pay out any more money for such a thing I couldn't resist when I saw the kind of price it was going for :YAHOO:

I was one of the four people in Dania's Sunday encounter--the only other woman there! XD I was kind of stressed out the whole time because there were all these autographs I still had to get and I was late to get everything out of my hotel room, but it was still nice--I think I new before that she was a Heroes fan before she was on the show, but it was nice to hear straight from her that she had many of the same thoughts about the show as the rest of us.

I was also at Stephen's, and that was a hoot. XD It was nice to have that tea and brownie, too--I didn't have the chance to have breakfast that morning.

And, um, I won Alan's and probably would have been able to go to Jame's too, but a.) I didn't notice that Alan and Stephen's were at the same time and b.) I wouldn't have been able to get my autographs! D=

I was a ton of fun, though. =)

Why would you bid high? You can always go back later and adjust your bid right?

I wondered that too! Saw some ridiculous bids at one point. The max bid was £5 and someone ut £35! Just put 6 then come back later...

Still - luckily it went cheap. Ended up with only 11 people on James chat on Saturday as one person won to go to both encounters. Doh!

Despite not being the biggest supporter of the guest encounter I did bid on the one with Alan, and thoroughly enjoyed it, and the price (£5) was a bargain. What a funny and interesting guy! It was also the only time over the weekend that I had a decent cup of coffee - I just couldn't get the coffee machine at breakfast to do black coffee.

I do worry though that with the more A list characters (such as those announced for Chevron 7.2) that the prices could get a bit silly for the encoutners.

However all in all however you can count me as another convert to the guest encounter concept.

Hehe, it took me two days to decide to get it. I managed to travel home in two taxis and two trains with the canvas going unharmed. It's now got the best place: hanging on my wall above my bed. <3

i did wonder who had bought the other canvas lol

I got one, it's on my wall looming down at me. In a good way ;-)

Jealous. :thumbup:

I'm gonna get one at E3 or LFACC.

I went to James' Sunday one as he was the only one we didn't get to talk to at the wine reception, it was cool, he's so laid back just like you were hanging out with a friend.

Stephen was probably my favourite guest over the weekend though as he is hilarious I watched his DVD and it made me enjoy his humour even more, I wish I could go to one of his birthday parties lol