Latest Guest Announcement: Vic Mignogna

Aww he's signing autographs for free, that's so sweet :D

but can I just ask a question as I'm pretty new to this whole convention thing.

How would you go about getting an autograph? I've only been to the eternal twilight event so I just want to know if the layout's the same e.g. you just wait in line after your "group number" has been called.

I'm really confused at the minute so I do hope I recieve a reply :D but thanks for taking the time to read this anyway :D

• Moderators

There's no 'groups' of attendees as such, so it will be different to the ET convention.

Usually with guests at signing events, you get given a Virtual Queue ticket number where they are, and then you wait until your number comes up i.e. if you got given #25, you'd have to wait until any number above that is on the guest board (like 1-30, 1-40, 1-50 etc).

But you can go in any time after that, so you can't miss your turn.

That's how it usually works with guests here, and presumably Vic will be very busy and so would need this system in place. Although with him being free, I'm not sure if they'll do anything different.

There's no 'groups' of attendees as such, so it will be different to the ET convention.

Usually with guests at signing events, you get given a Virtual Queue ticket number where they are, and then you wait until your number comes up i.e. if you got given #25, you'd have to wait until any number above that is on the guest board (like 1-30, 1-40, 1-50 etc).

But you can go in any time after that, so you can't miss your turn.

That's how it usually works with guests here, and presumably Vic will be very busy and so would need this system in place. Although with him being free, I'm not sure if they'll do anything different.

Thank you very much :D

• 3 weeks later...

I can't wait to meet him (providing i can still go when the time comes). He's the only reason I'm going and how i found out about it, but I hope they have more anime guests in the future, and you never know i may even return in the future ;)

This will probably make me seem kinda sad but, i've seen loads of video's from cons he's been to on youtube and he seems like an awesome guy :D

Hi all,

im sure you want to help us make this great for our manga guests and any possible future ones so if you know of any sites that might want to announce the guests in attendance please let them know.

as tesco say.... every little helps.

thanks

I tried to tell a website (http://www.animecons.com/) about Vic's attendance but they don't seem to have added it to their list.....although it might be that the con's not anime-related enough (if you understand what I mean) but i tried :D , i also told a few of my friends who like anime so i'm doing my best :unsure:

When it comes to Any con Vic is heading too its always listed on www.risemboolrangers.com under the Vics cons section. Risemboolrangers.com incidentaly being where almost all 10,081 rangers hang out. Trust me on this one he is just as you seen on the videos. BTW he is a self professed HUGE Star wars and Star Trek Geek. so dont at all be surprised if you see Vic ( when he gets the chance) to be seripously checking out the merch on the stalls

He should have some of his own music cds with him . all 4 are awesome and well worth the £10 each

Edited by Risembool_Ranger_Jiraiya

I can't wait to meet him (providing i can still go when the time comes). He's the only reason I'm going and how i found out about it, but I hope they have more anime guests in the future, and you never know i may even return in the future :D

This will probably make me seem kinda sad but, i've seen loads of video's from cons he's been to on youtube and he seems like an awesome guy ;)

Hi all,

im sure you want to help us make this great for our manga guests and any possible future ones so if you know of any sites that might want to announce the guests in attendance please let them know.

as tesco say.... every little helps.

thanks

I tried to tell a website (http://www.animecons.com/) about Vic's attendance but they don't seem to have added it to their list.....although it might be that the con's not anime-related enough (if you understand what I mean) but i tried :clap: , i also told a few of my friends who like anime so i'm doing my best :D

When it comes to Any con Vic is heading too its always listed on www.risemboolrangers.com under the Vics cons section. Risemboolrangers.com incidentaly being where almost all 10,081 rangers hang out. Trust me on this one he is just as you seen on the videos. BTW he is a self professed HUGE Star wars and Star Trek Geek. so dont at all be surprised if you see Vic ( when he gets the chance) to be seripously checking out the merch on the stalls

He should have some of his own music cds with him . all 4 are awesome and well worth the £10 each

I actually found out about this con through the rangers site :P how many rangers do you think will be attending? I'm only asking 'cos I was told by a friend to hand out ranger "business" cards there and I don't want to seem like an utter dork :D

On another note Vic's CDs are awesome! though I only own 2 of them ;)

I know it says in the first post 'over the weekend' so will he be there for both days? I was going to be coming for the saturday and then i saw that the phelps twins will be there sunday =( sooo might have to change plans, but yeah, really want vic to be there whenever i go so is it definate he'll be there both days?

Aww this is so amazing! When I saw Vic would be in a UK con I was so excited! I've watched some videos on youtube of him at other cons he seems like such a nice guy with the fans! and it's so kind of him to be giving out free autographs :blink:

Does anyone know if he'll be attending any other cons in the UK again next year! Unfortuatly I think I'll be missing this one as it's too far to travel! :lol:

I really wanna meet Vic :D

• Showmasters Admin

I'm bringing DVDs and one game is that okay.

I think the maximum is about 5 and it depends on the queue and the person ^^

I'm also interested to know about the whole supplying photographs thing.

The maximuim of 5 autohtgraph is for PAID FOR guests and only applies to each time down the queue if there is a Virtual Queue in place. i.e. If you wanted 7 items for Jewel Staite and she has a VQ in place you'd be able to get 5 on your first time down the queue. You'd then need to get another VT and go down the queue AGAIN to get the othe 2 autographs.

With most FREE guests and limit for free autographs is one per attendee (not 5).

• 2 weeks later...

I have another question.

I have got a Standard entry ticket that allows me to come in about 11am. I desperatly want to go to the Vic Mignogna talk, do you think it would be sold out by then. Also if a Standard entry person came about 10.00 - 10.30 will they be allowed in or would they have to wait for 11.00.

• Moderators

If you were to turn up at the Early Bird time with a Standard entry, you'd have to pay the extra to upgrade and get in early.

As for the talk, you should be fine. There's a good amount of seats.