Collectormania 16

qeSan

Seem to remember there was some talk about October....

True.. But I'm hoping there's a date as I work shifts and have to book the time off this far in advance as I always book the whole Collectormania weekend.

That's why I can't make June as I had May bank holiday booked instead.

So hopefully someone from Showmasters will know when.. If they don't how do they know the stadium will be available.

Jon

me to im getting married in hawaii in june, : ( : )

Dammit lol You saying that has made me realise that the weekend C15 is on is the weekend me and my other half (DocVader) are getting married too. I hope there are no guests we want to see on the Saturday lol

if its going to be held at mk dons stadium it needs to be a week when theyre playing away from home.

I remember at C14 the poster said that C15 was June because they had to wait for the end of season but for C16 the building at the end, conference center, or whatever it'll be called will be ready so it doesn't matter about the football. Although I imagine it will matter for parking 'cause that area of the city is hell on earth for roads and parking on match days.

I'm just hoping they're not just working on a promise that it'll be ready... we all know how good building projects are at being on time.Especially with the downturn in business it can pay builders to even have to pay penalties just to keep their workers busy and tied to the firm till the next job hopefully comes along.

Come on Showmasters we're all asking nicely.. Please let us in on the secret of when C16 will be?

Jon

Edited by qe'San

Dammit lol You saying that has made me realise that the weekend C15 is on is the weekend me and my other half (DocVader) are getting married too. I hope there are no guests we want to see on the Saturday lol

ha ha just come in your wedding stuff , make a memroble reception..

ha ha just come in your wedding stuff , make a memroble reception..

Thats a great idea, we're not sure where to have our reception yet so that'll solve the problem. It'll certainly break the ice with the guests lol

:poki: CONGRATULATIONS ON YOUR MARRIAGE! ;)

Thanks Amber :D

would love reception at MK dont think my good lady would like it though, she dosnt get why i like meeting famous people and collect autographs, plus she dosnt know how much money i spend when i go, i think there would be a divorse all in the same week LOL

• 5 months later...
  • Showmasters Admin

Hi will the dates for c16 be announced at c15, and will C16 be of a more horror theme because its in October.

As has been said before the C16 dates can not be announced until the football time table is out. I do know this is some time in June, but I believe it is after C15 and so NO the C16 dates will not be announced at C15.

Some shows have themes. But apart from the fact that C16 will be 2-3 weeks before Halloween I'm not sure why it being in October should mean it has a horror theme.

Edited by Too Tall

October is pretty packed already - Tenth Planet event on the 5th, Hub on the 23rd, Halloweadon on the 30th - there's only two full weekends free.

True and where does this leave CM Midlands 4?

Ive got a post in the other Showmasters events thread that show that most dates are taken from Sept till end of Nov -

Im looking at the dates for future events on the forum and it appears that if there is to be a fourth Collectormania Midlands theres not much room for a date unless it takes place the second week of November,sometime in December or maybe before these other shows start e.g September.

Im assuming there will be a tie in with Autographica again as Aug would be too soon for an as yet unannounced show what with it almost being June and itd be a bit of a bummer to have the show the week before or shortly after Autographica.

The fact that Autographica has been already announced and CM4 hasnt is a bit worrying particularly for a Mancunian.

All the dates for the other themed cons run from sept - 2nd week of nov.

After that its the 21st and that date as we know is a no no.

Any idea on a date?

Thanks

I didnt think about MK so theres another date to consider

Edited by Phantom

October is pretty packed already - Tenth Planet event on the 3rd, Hub on the 23rd, Halloweadon on the 30th - there's only two full weekends free.

I was actually going to raise this point today as I hadn't ever seen this thread about football dates etc, but I will be going to Time Crash on 3rd October, and hoped it wouldnt clash with MK. Wouldnt be very good if it did, especially as they're all part of the same company now.

It just worried me slightly as I know Collectormania used to run on the last weekend in September going into October

I was actually going to raise this point today as I hadn't ever seen this thread about football dates etc, but I will be going to Time Crash on 3rd October, and hoped it wouldnt clash with MK. Wouldnt be very good if it did, especially as they're all part of the same company now.

Would be ironic considering it's name ;)

Not sure how many Dr Who fans would be free the week after either, something else is going on then.

October is pretty packed already - Tenth Planet event on the 3rd, Hub on the 23rd, Halloweadon on the 30th - there's only two full weekends free.

There's also Eternal Twilight 2 on the 16-18th October ;)

Hi will the dates for c16 be announced at c15, and will C16 be of a more horror theme because its in October.

As has been said before the C16 dates can not be announced until the football time table is out. I do know this is some time in June, but I believe it is after C15 and so NO the C16 dates will not be announced at C15.

Some shows have themes. But apart from the fact that C16 will be 2-3 weeks before Halloween I'm not sure why it being in October should mean it has a horror theme.

As much as i love the Sci-fi and TV show guests i would like it to be more horror themed as its always nearly the same and it be good to have a change for once as many other shows do this it be good for Showmasters to take this into consideration because i hear this alot from people that they would like that and this is why majority of people do not attend still even with the gueats announced as some fans would just love to have a con seperate to the Sci-Fi/TV show cons. It would make a big difference and bring many more people to a convention like this.

As much as i love the Sci-fi and TV show guests i would like it to be more horror themed as its always nearly the same and it be good to have a change for once as many other shows do this it be good for Showmasters to take this into consideration because i hear this alot from people that they would like that and this is why majority of people do not attend still even with the gueats announced as some fans would just love to have a con seperate to the Sci-Fi/TV show cons. It would make a big difference and bring many more people to a convention like this.

Seconded.

There is more to horror than moody vampires hanging round high schools moping about after teenage girlies.

Lets have some real horror guests.Ive given up on asking for a horror con as ive been told it wont be worth it financially but is it any more a gamble than having a show based on a series that isnt even on tv in this country e.g True Blood?,a show that 50% of its audience has stopped watching (Heroes) or a show that is no longer with us - Red Dwarf,Buffy,Stargate?

As we are seeing with tv shows being cancelled and people moving onto the next big thing after 2 seasons wouldnt a con featuring a genre with a loyal fan base be a safer bet.There is an audience for a horror con.It covers so much scope too does the genre.

As for it being expensive to fly horror guests over im sure you could fly over a couple of winners and fill the other seats with uk based stars brit or otherwise.

I can see why LFCC is being turned into a mini Twilight con but it wont be around forever.Strike while the irons hot and all that but i think itll be more damaging to the con scene than good.Your here to make money so it makes sense to have guests from the movie but the 26000+ messages all posted by girlies in the Twilight thread speaks volumes.Its a fad and when Twilight fizzles out the horror fans will still be here.

Give us something.

Edited by Phantom

Thank F---k Phantom i knew i could count on you backing me up thanks i really hope they see this time that there is fans wanting horror guests if they still dont beleive me look at the horror con thread at how many people want a horror con or half a con with just horror guests or why dont you just have c16 this yeah with autographica and scifi guests with half the majority of horror guests and i mean proper guests not the guests from god damn buffy, angel or any of that crap the real macoy guests. From such as George A Remeo films, Rob Zombie Films, Tobe Hooper Films, John Carpenter Films, Wes Craven Films, Hammer Horror Films, Tim Burton Films, New rebooted Horror films such as texas, nightmare, amityville and friday. Please showmasters i have even given a thread to get Saw cast as i have talked to the Saw orginisers and they want to join there guests with yours.

I even spoke to Tyler Mane a while back b4 he started Halloween 2 and asked him would he be willing to do a con other here he said yes so i gave him the information of showmasters and he did leave a message but they never got back to him same as my Saw guests i manged to get hold of but they wont contact Raybin.

This was the same for Derek Meyers who plays Jason in Friday he wanted to but no luck of getting picked i guess so i beg showmasters as Fangoria, Raybin or Anchorbay if you could do a con with them and they would fund you the guests to promote new projects. So please please i may have to beg for 4 years like they did for Christopher Lloyd but i wont stop!!

• Moderators

Guys, can we try not to turn every topic into a pro-horror one - I'm a huge fan myself, and it's what got me into these events in the first place, but there's a right place for requesting such things. So just stick to the guest requests etc.

We don't really need to be all anti-Twilight or whatever else whenever this stuff crops up please :unsure:

I just couldn't see the connection you appeared to be making when saying "will C16 be of a more horror theme because its in October.". Why C16 should be horror themed because it was in October (apart from Halloween at the end fo the month) was lost on me. OK, so your point actually was, "I want it to be Horror themed" and that's fine,

SM will always look at getting Horror guests at events but I don't see a horror only or a horror heavy event being run by SM anytime soon. The point was well made recently when a horror con in Germany was cancelled due to lack of ticket sales. Maybe England would be different but it doesn't instill a great amount of confidence when you see other events fail like that.

Yeah i understand you point when you say it like that i just wish to have LFCC or C16 or LFCC or C16 or C17 if they happen next year to have half sci-fi TV other film stars and the other half Horror stars its not that hard in a way then we make everybody happy not just a certain crowd that only love recent things that will phase out as phantom says horror will be around for ever and its getting more popular then it use to i guess by the films having good stars in them but i as a horror fan would really appritiate it when i talk to stars to get them here that when they send there information to showmasters that they take notice and reply back even if its a no at least they have been considered. David im not hitting on Twilight as i did for some weird reason enjoy the film and look forward to meeting two of the cast members but my roots deep down is totally old school horror and rebooted horror and always will be and i loved it when Collectomania did bring horror guests as well this is when i started attending and when they stopped alot of my freinds didnt bother going it be great to bring back all those people to an event atleast once a year thats why this all started of because for once it be nice to have change i know some people cant deal with change but trust me it will be a good business advantage for showmasters and horror franchises are growing.

We don't really need to be all anti-Twilight or whatever else whenever this stuff crops up please :unsure:

Sure

Im not anti Twilight im just wary of fads and the effect they have on the con scene.

Edited by Phantom