who signed what?

mr fagan

After some searching on the net i found to my horror that two characters that were in the original Star Wars (who were also at the show last weekend) were played by two different people. The first instance was the character SAURIN aka CROC in the cantina scene was played by Robert A Denham. But apparently Laurie Goode played him/her/it. And in the other instance the Jawa that actually shot R2-D2 in the canyon (oooh er) was played by Tiffany l Kurtz and NOT by Rusty Goffe. And seeing as she was the grandaughter or some relation to THE PRODUCER of the film i think this is more feasable.

Now dont get me wrong i am not trying to stir up a hornets nest but when you meet these people and get (after paying) thier autograph only to find out that there MAY be a descrepency then things start going pearshaped. For me on the weekend i had Mr Goode for a friend of mine and i had Mr Goffe for myself on a vintage figure print,and i have met Mr Goffe a few times before and on one occasion i asked him was HE the Jawa that actually shot R2 and he said "YES".

Bear in mind this new information i found on STAR WARS ACTORS DATABASE so basically all i am trying to do is find out the truth. Did these actors play these characters or not? As SAURIN was a bit part i cant really see them having two actors to play it (i know they did for GREEDO but that was well documented with photographic evidence, GREEDO in high heels?) If anyone can shed some light on this it would be most appreciated as if i am to continue collecting STAR WARS autographs i and no doubt everyone else who collects them would like to know the facts and the truth and not get autographs from the WRONG people on thier treasured pieces of merchandise. Many thanks. :YAHOO:

Bear in mind this new information i found on STAR WARS ACTORS DATABASE so basically all i am trying to do is find out the truth. Did these actors play these characters or not? As SAURIN was a bit part i cant really see them having two actors to play it (i know they did for GREEDO but that was well documented with photographic evidence, GREEDO in high heels?) If anyone can shed some light on this it would be most appreciated

The Cantina scene(s)were refilmed at a later date so its probable most of them were played by two actors, if the first wasn't availible.

With Cantina scenes being re-shot in the US, you generally find two actors/actresses signing as the same character on both sides of the Atlantic!

Funny you should mention Greedo in high heels; I've met Paul Blake on several occasions and know that one of the pics that he sells is of the high heeled variety - it is just cropped so that you can't see the feet.

I collect autographs on a vintage trilogy poster now so anyone connected is good by me. I can, however, understand the doubts of collectors who are buying signed 10x8 photographs because - you're right - the person featured on the photo isn't always the signee, simply a character that they are associated with...

As far as I'm aware, the person who played the Jawa who shoots R2-D2 was the late Jack Purvis.

But there's also rumours that there's footage from another camera angle which shows that the shot actually came from a mysterious gunman on a grassy knoll... :D