Major Volume 4 (Fugitives) Finale Spoiler

Phoenix Will Rise

Masi Oka is supposedly leaving the show by the end of Season3/Volume 4! :P

Krisitn over at E had the following to say (and she is generally spot on, sure she has had the odd miss, but she is usually about 95% accurate)

Hey All,

Yes I know many of you are still reeling from the news of two of the more popular writers leaving the show, but one of the common complaints across the board from fans and critics has been that there are too many characters and that they need to kill some off.

Well over the weekend we received some unconfirmed information that Masi Oka's character Hiro might be killed off the show before the end of the season!?

Now before you panic please continue reading, I do love Masi Oka and would hate to see him leave. Besides him being a fan favorite he is a great actor and is one of the core characters of the show. Unfortunately one common "complaint" by some fans has been Hiro's ability to teleport/time travel. Any time something bad happens on the show, fans are quick to say things like, "why can't Hiro go back and change the past or teleport here or there!?"

Time travel in TV or Movies is rarely done right so whenever it used in a story line I just sit back, watch and do not question what the writers are doing. Yes there are some basic rules and principles that have to followed, but the key is, the writer needs to make sure the viewers are aware of those rules so we do not question what can or can not be done. For example, with Hiro he now has a "moral code" that says he will not go back in time because he knows it can F up the future.

If the writers were to take such a bold step to kill off a fan favorite, well maybe they will be able to shore up the story and close some of those potential plot holes that can be created with time travel!?

The story is also kinda backed up by a Tim Kring interview where he said one of the original Heroes from S1 would be killed off before the end of the season!

You know, as much as i LOVED Masi is Season 1... I do feel that a lot of the problems on the show centre around Hiro's power.. so maybe killing him off would be best for the show....?

Edited by Phoenix Will Rise

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

To be honest I don't care if Hiro gets killed off, Masi is a great actor but Hiro has just gotten annoying, in the latest episode I didn't mind him but overall now he's annoying. just as long as Ando doesn't die because he's SOO cool!

Also, heere's some extra information for you about The Fugitives Chapter:

http://www.superherohype.com/news/topnews.php?id=7899