What did you buy?

vintageSW77

I wasnt that impressed with the stalls there were some goodies but way too much new Star Wars stuff,unsigned images,sports memorabillia and NU Who stuff

and lots of mego figures with no pants.

I took £300 to spend on memorabillia and spent about £130.

25 on Hammer Horror mags

45 on the Hammer ladies autos...though this should have been 30 quid but i dont mind paying this as i think their auto is as good as Dirk Cigarzzz Benedicts or the others charging higher and afterall Ms Munro and Ms Leon as a kid gave me a LOT of pleasure and 30 quid is a small price to pay for that

29 on a Regan head cast

3 on a Hammer Horror make up book

10 Damien signed pic and

20 on a Barbara Shelley signed pic.

leeds021.jpg

i got a little head at Midlands

leeds022.jpg

Edited by vintageSW77

I took �300 to spend on memorabillia and spent about �130.

25 on Hammer Horror mags

45 on the Hammer ladies autos...though this should have been 30 quid but i dont mind paying this as i think their auto is as good as Dirk Cigarzzz Benedicts or the others charging higher and afterall Ms Munro and Ms Leon as a kid gave me a LOT of pleasure and 30 quid is a small price to pay for that

29 on a Regan head cast

3 on a Hammer Horror make up book

10 Damien signed pic and

20 on a Barbara Shelley signed pic.

leeds021.jpg

I've never seen that shot of Martine before. Any chance of a close up?

Doomsday (2008) DVD...only £4.00 so thought it was worth it.

Any good?

I saw it once before for free but bought it mainly to hear Marshall's commentary (plus it was cheap and a ltd ed) about all the homages having spoken to him about it when I met him at LFCC. Marshall has made one good film (The Descent) but I fear that may have been a fluke. After I've watched it again, I'll probably sell it.

It's hardly original in that it borrows WAY too much from other (better) films. Otherwise not TOO bad but it feels like Marshall tried to make 2 films in 1 with the sudden change in setting/villain/technology half-way thru. Messy climax too. It's almost an exact copy of Escape From New York right down to the the one-eyed hero, gladiatorial match, the double-cross at the end and even the opening narration complete with computerised map of the country. It's obviously one for the teenage boys of the X-Box generation - ones not familiar with the genre classics it homages...it's also a film white-trash ASBO morons are sure to love.

Edited by nicky

I bought lots of 8x10s of Dannii Minogue cos I wrote to her a few months ago and sent her some photos which she signed and personalized and even sent a 6x4 personalized to me, it's really hard finding nice 8x10s of her online so I decided to have a look while I was there and I got about 6 nice ones which I'm going to send off to her shortly.

In addition to that I bought photos of some guests I'm planning to meet at the next show I go to cos the photos there aren't usually up to much. Oh and my random buy for the day was a Joker action figure from the Dark Knight movie.

I bought lots of 8x10s of Dannii Minogue cos I wrote to her a few months ago and sent her some photos which she signed and personalized and even sent a 6x4 personalized to me, it's really hard finding nice 8x10s of her online so I decided to have a look while I was there and I got about 6 nice ones which I'm going to send off to her shortly.

In addition to that I bought photos of some guests I'm planning to meet at the next show I go to cos the photos there aren't usually up to much. Oh and my random buy for the day was a Joker action figure from the Dark Knight movie.

I saw you with your Danni pics

I was sat near you with my GF ..dunno if you remember a bald guy with a chin beard and a not at all bad brunette with long brown hair sat next to him

Edited by vintageSW77

Generally speaking I don't buy anything other than autographs at these events but since there wasn't many guests I wanted to meet I indulged and brought a poster.

mastersoftheuniversenz4.jpg

Which I very nearly left behind! :D

I'd put it down while sorting out autographs in a quiet spot and walked off without it, thankfully it was still there when I realised a few minutes later and went back.

A massive thanks to all you honest folk!

i got an AVP figure wich i got ian whyte to sign he signed over a price lable so i thought i would have to leave it on but he was good inuff to take it off and mend his signiture.

thanks ian!

also got a steave irwin action figure £7 even get a little croc with it!

thats about it other than autographes.

good day thanks!