FREE AUTOGRAPHS AT COLLECTORMANIA MIDLANDS

showmasters

No! It can't be! Not Roy 'Taxi Driver in Eastenders' Holder! I've always wanted his autograph! It makes up for the 15 I was going to get from Dreyfuss!

Hmm, the anaesthetic must be wearing off from my bone marrow biopsy today...

Ok, The Zippy is back.

Since the cancellation of the Better Than Life Red Dwarf Convention I have bit my tounge and been quiet. I am as disappointed as everyone else about all the cancellations especially taking into account earlier comments from SM about 'BIG NAMES'. But the last comment is a bit rough bearing in mind recent events.

I suppoose SM try their best and we get what the best they can provide. Annoying as it may be. I appreciate that some people hava to arrange time off (I am one of them and it is unpaid) but surely there will come a time where SM get sick and tired of the sarcy comments, jibes and insults.

Jason, if you can't believe I am defending you, all I wanted with BTL was your response and I got it. so thanks for that and I got your back. :D

..........RUSTY GOFFE on Saturday and ROY HOLDER on Sunday

You will be given a voucher with your entry, where you will then present that where the guest is signing, and you will get your free autograph!

Showmasters

This didn't happen. I arrived at the event at around 12.30 on Sunday and there was a sign saying "all gone". I'm disappointed that I didn't get what I was supposed to receive.

I wasted almost two hours waiting for Sunday's replacement free guest Roger Limb to arrive, only for him to not show up due to the now classic Unforeseen Circumstances, and this after the original choice for Sunday had already cancelled on the Saturday. In the end it was Keith Hodiak who was the free guest which must have really P****d off anyone who'd previously paid £10 to meet him.

This didn't happen. I arrived at the event at around 12.30 on Sunday and there was a sign saying "all gone". I'm disappointed that I didn't get what I was supposed to receive.

On the website it does say clearly at the top:

"FREE AUTOGRAPH!! worth £10 with a standard adult admission! Autographs are available on a first come, first served basis while the stocks last."

and this after the original choice for Sunday had already cancelled on the Saturday.

The original choice (Roy Holder) was rushed to hospital with appendicitis. There is no way he was going to be at Collectormania on Sunday. Hell, he probably won't be doing much for the next few weeks.

• Showmasters Admin

As KrazyKid has said our announced free guest was rushed to hospital. Once we knew about this we changed the free autograph to Roger Limb. As we can not see into the future we could not have for seen that he would not arrive either. Once it was confirmed to us the Roger was not attending we switched it to Keith.

We did everything we could with the information we had at the time. It was just more evidence that some greater power seemed to be against this show going well.

"FREE AUTOGRAPH!! worth £10 with a standard adult admission! Autographs are available on a first come, first served basis while the stocks last."

nosfer2 - I'm sorry you didn't get a free autograph but there was always going to have to be a limit to the number given out. The reason for the "first come first served while stocks last" note on the website.

Even at a quiet show like this we still get 1000+ people through the doors each day. If we gave everyone a ticket our free guest could in theory end up having to do 1000+ autographs in a day. Even when we really push our big guests we sometimes don't get that number through.

So we have to limit the total number of tickets given out. I'm afraid arriving 2.5 hours after the opening time was obviously too late to get one.

Edited by Too Tall

Sunday we ran out of free auto tickets just before 11am, so unless you it was only early birds that ended up getting them. I can't speak for Saturday, wasn't on the front door then.

Kip

Saturday we were still able to give them out until about 2 which is when I moved jobs.

One of those things unfortunately

I didn't see the announcement on the website, I saw it here. In this thread there was nothing to suggest that there was any limit to the autographs. If I had been informed I could have set off even earlier than I did. The signal failures on the train line between London and Coventry were the reason I got to the event at the time I did.

I didn't see the announcement on the website, I saw it here. In this thread there was nothing to suggest that there was any limit to the autographs. If I had been informed I could have set off even earlier than I did. The signal failures on the train line between London and Coventry were the reason I got to the event at the time I did.

Indeed, the original forum announcement at http://showmastersonline.com/forums/index....t&p=1241304 has both as a thread subtitle and part of the content the words "Everyone that buys a ticket to the show gets a free auto at this show ". Not only does that not imply a limit, the phrase "Everyone that buys a ticket..." pretty much implies that there is no limit.

I'm sure there was no malice or subterfuge intended on SM's part and that it was simply a(nother) case of their enthusiasm trumping their attention to detail when drawing up a communication, but I think that they should consider doing right by nosfer2

Thanks fo the support! Needless to say, I agree - particularly as the e-mail reminder sent out just prior to the event states "Plus you can collect a FREE AUTOGRAPH worth £10 when you buy any adult admission!". There is no mention of any limit - in fact it specifically says 'any'.

Thanks fo the support! Needless to say, I agree - particularly as the e-mail reminder sent out just prior to the event states "Plus you can collect a FREE AUTOGRAPH worth £10 when you buy any adult admission!". There is no mention of any limit - in fact it specifically says 'any'.

C'mon Nosfer - being reasonable it's got to be assumed that this is subject to availability. Apart from anything else it said clearly on the website that it was "while stocks last".

When have you ever come across an offer like this isn't "subject to availability"?

Edited by MikeDonovan

Plus, you've been a member for long enough to be aware of how this stuff works... :YAHOO:

This is the first event I've been to where free autographs were offered (and at this rate it may be my last).

It may seem like I'm making a fuss about nothing but I want to make sure that the next time Showmasters have an offer like this they make it abundantly clear that the offer is limited so no-one else is misled like I was.

Plus, you've been a member for long enough to be aware of how this stuff works... :D

I want to make sure that the next time Showmasters have an offer like this they make it abundantly clear that the offer is limited

Again, they did the first time round - it was very clear on the website.

Plus, you've been a member for long enough to be aware of how this stuff works... :YAHOO:

I want to make sure that the next time Showmasters have an offer like this they make it abundantly clear that the offer is limited

Again, they did the first time round - it was very clear on the website.

But I didn't look on the website, I looked here on the forums, and again in the e-mail Showmasters sent me. There should not be a presumption that people will look on the website. It should state clearly on the forum, and in the e-mail, that the offer is limited so that no-one else is misled.

I agree it could have been slightly clearer if it was put in the email but the fact remains, it was on the website, Showmasters have not mis-led anyone in my opinion.

Your argument is akin to saying "It says in our fine print but I didn't read the fine print"

I agree it could have been slightly clearer if it was put in the email but the fact remains, it was on the website, Showmasters have not mis-led anyone in my opinion.

Your argument is akin to saying "It says in our fine print but I didn't read the fine print"

No it isn't. In all the time that I've been a member here, Showmasters have repeatedly stated that the most up-to-date information is on the forums. It should not be necessary to go to the website to find out, it should be stated clearly on the forum and in the e-mail.