The Park Inn - Sold Out

Captain

I just spoke with the Park Inn and they confirmed that they've already sold out for The Hub2. They recommended getting reservations at the Ibis instead, but I stayed at the Ibis for The Hub and was not happy at all with the experience.

Are there any other hotels close that anyone would recommend?

I just spoke with the Park Inn and they confirmed that they've already sold out for The Hub2. They recommended getting reservations at the Ibis instead, but I stayed at the Ibis for The Hub and was not happy at all with the experience.

Are there any other hotels close that anyone would recommend?

I stayed at The Plough which is 5-10 minutes walk from The Park (although I don't recommend walking in the early hours of the morning - taxi is about £3.00). A single room with breakfast was £55 per night - I think a twin/double is £65-75, but not sure. Nice room - small, but very clean, and a great new bar area. Very nice manager - breakfast is normally 6-8 am weekdays, but he was quite happy to do breakfast just for me when I emerged about 10 am Monday morning :WAVE: Booked a room there already for March.

Shouldn't this be in The Hub 2 forum?

Anyway, at the Hub I stayed at the Premier Inn which is about 3 miles away, about a 10 minute drive. The car park by the Ibis is 60p an hour. It's feasible, but probably costly to get taxis.

It was £49 a night per room. Breakfast is extra but you can prebook. The problem is that breakfast doesn't start until 8, and if things start at 8.30 like they did at the Hub, then you may not have time for breakfast.

Anyway, it was nice and friendly and since I had my car and I don't drink it wasn't too inconvenient. I much preferred it to the Ibis which is where I stayed for Eclipse.

Sorry about that. I clicked "Forum" on the Hub 2 website and this is the one that it's linked to. I didn't even know there was another forum until now.

But thank you everyone for your help! I will be checking those suggestions out.

Sorry about that. I clicked "Forum" on the Hub 2 website and this is the one that it's linked to. I didn't even know there was another forum until now.

But thank you everyone for your help! I will be checking those suggestions out.

I too didn't know there was a hub 2 forum till it was mentioned on here as the forum link on the website also kept sending me here. So I googled shwomasters and found the hub 2 forum that way. :YAHOO: