anime anyone

chrono

How bout no :unsure:

I get sooo much trouble and backlash for saying things like that, even with emoticons. What's your secret Lizzy?

It always surprised me when I saw cosplayers dressed as anime characters at CM and LFCC, I mean none of the guests or activities are from anime and there's virtually no representation at all other than whats on the stalls. Kinda like going to a footie match but wearing a team shirt which is neither of the playing teams there.

How bout no :P

I get sooo much trouble and backlash for saying things like that, even with emoticons. What's your secret Lizzy?

Because (near to) everyone who comes to SM shows rather hates what anime has done to another show, and would prob stop going to SM shows if it happened here!

I'm not even going to begin to rant about that now or I'll never finish my revision :blink:

!!

And because everyone knows if they argue with me, I'll always win ;) Trust me, I'm a lawyer!

And because everyone knows if they argue with me, I'll always win :blink: Trust me, I'm a lawyer!

You guys out there hear that???

I generally just post once then let it go and leave the other person to continue kicking and screaming at a brick wall otherwise it will go on for ages. It looks really silly if it keeps going anyway (well it does when you've skiped thru other people's) but if they wanna carry on its up to them (even TWO YEARS later in a couple cases). Some people will do anything to get one over, they just need to move on. No one likes someone who gloats either, it's not noble or honourable and makes you look even more childish. OK, I probably opened a can of worms there - COME GET SOME F*****S

Edited by nicky

How bout no :wub:

Because (near to) everyone who comes to SM shows rather hates what anime has done to another show, and would prob stop going to SM shows if it happened here!

I'm not even going to begin to rant about that now or I'll never finish my revision :YAHOO:

!!

And because everyone knows if they argue with me, I'll always win :D Trust me, I'm a lawyer!

Well madam i quiet find that tone patronizing and quiet rudely abrupt. And as for the people who dislike anime i believe that you may have an opinion but i bet that opinion is based on what is seen only and not what is emersed. Although i agree everyone is entitled to an opinions i believe the offensive and sharky remark was quiet unnecessary.

I would also like to reference that quotation of you always winning as u being a lawyer. Lawyers may only fight a case if they have a belief they would win, secondly they must have sufficient epirical evidence in their favour in order to fight there case, moreover what is written here, however i believe that this challenge is won by me and me alone as i have proven quiet rationaly, or as i am about to, that in order to win this case that you would win means that you would win if i was to challenge u on what you said, but say what you said was more a taunt and although ur move was second mine was a mere reaction to a hostile remark, call it a taunt, although i genuinly mean no offence in your area of expertise but i reguard you not to challenge a judge!

WOW I DO KNOW MY STUFF :wub:

I do however applaud ur reasoning from your own autonomous reason in that (and remember from an anime fan) it is quiet uneccessary (or however spelt) to dress in cosplay (note the word cosplay) at events intended for something else, a stall is a stall not an anime convention so people who do these things learn the difference. BRAVO TO YOU GUYS ON THAT POINT AND THAT IS NOT SARCASM! :P

However i would love a good debate if you decide to keep it going! :dance:

anime convention/event please

Over my dead body! (to put it nicely :P )

And as for the people who dislike anime i believe that you may have an opinion but i bet that opinion is based on what is seen only and not what is emersed.

Ive watched it, I hate it!

Im tolerant of it though as I have several friends into anime, but when it starts directly interfering with my enjoyment of something, the guns come out blazing..

I would also like to reference that quotation of you always winning as u being a lawyer. Lawyers may only fight a case if they have a belief they would win

Utter tosh. Granted you may be in a different bailiwick, but under British law, the "cab-rank principle" applies: the rule that in theory requires a barrister to take the next case that comes along, whatever it is and however distasteful. This is why even the most heinous killers such as Fred and Rosemary West, Peter Sutcliffe, the Moors murderers Myra Hindley and Ian Brady all found barristers to take their cases.

Even the most repugnant of characters is entitled, under our legal system, to be properly represented; to have his case put as best as it can be put, with the burden on the prosecution to prove its case.

WOW I DO KNOW MY STUFF

Not on the law, no you don't. Were I feeling condescending I'd tell you to run along and watch your cartoons. But I'm not, and I will concede that some anime can be well done and quite engaging. But most of it I find tedious in extremis. It would seem that I'm not the only one who feels that way either.

Well madam i quiet find that tone patronizing and quiet rudely abrupt. And as for the people who dislike anime i believe that you may have an opinion but i bet that opinion is based on what is seen only and not what is emersed. Although i agree everyone is entitled to an opinions i believe the offensive and sharky remark was quiet unnecessary.

I don't know what "emersed" means, but I can tell you you have completely misinterpreted Lizzys response. You need to get to know irony when you read it.

Lawyers may only fight a case if they have a belief they would win, secondly they must have sufficient epirical evidence in their favour in order to fight there case, moreover what is written here, however i believe that this challenge is won by me and me alone as i have proven quiet rationaly, or as i am about to, that in order to win this case that you would win means that you would win if i was to challenge u on what you said, but say what you said was more a taunt and although ur move was second mine was a mere reaction to a hostile remark, call it a taunt, although i genuinly mean no offence in your area of expertise but i reguard you not to challenge a judge! WOW I DO KNOW MY STUFF :D

Sorry chrono, but no you don't - and don't take this the wrong way, but it gives me a headache just trying to read what you've written.

As for Anime, we're all entitled to our viewpoints - and mine is "Anime is sh!t". I don't have a problem with others disagreeing with me, and everyone's entitled to their opinion, but I really don't want SM events having anything to do with Anime.

Edited by MikeDonovan

After what I witnessed recently at an event that is much more anime / cosplay related . I hope that Showmasters do not go down this route, the odd cosplayer is fine , but I really had my eyes opened and would hate to see that culture filter into SM events.

These signs I saw people carrying around, WTF is that all about ? some examples were

Free Snogs

Free Rape

Free Drugs

certainly NOT the type of thing any organiser would want to have their event associated with.

What made it worse is I'm sure I even saw crew members carrying these signs. I won't even go into what a dealer was yelling out..

I consider the Showmaster events a refuge as it were from the world of anime etc

Edited by gebes

Everyone's entitled to an opinion on anime or anything else but, I for one wouldn't mind seeing some more anime/manga related things going on at SM cons but nothing overboard, just enough to let people know that it's there and they can appreciate if they want too.

There are events for that sort of thing - the 'other' event has been completely over-run by it. I really don't think it would suit an SM event at all, and emo teens with fake Japanese names annoy me on a very deep level :wub:

I'm a fan of anime myself, and attend other events that are more anime oritentated... As much as I'd like a decent anime event (I can actually trust Showmasters to do this, haha!), I'm saying no to this.

Whilst the cosplay scene is wider, better in some cases, there are the downsides to anime events...

I'm sick of free hugs, free glomps, free whatever-the-hell-the-stupid-idiot-comes-up-with-next. Seriously, anime events have gone so downhill lately, and if Showmasters were to make an anime event I can see all the free huggers going there and wrecking it too. As soon as you get into an anime event, basic human behaviour goes straight out the window and you're jumped on from all angles with hugs/glomps/whatever else and people think it's fine to do that! You wouldn't jump some randomer in the street for a hug so why is it fine to do that at an anime convention?! It's a really uncomfortable atmosphere and it's inevitable that it would happen at a Showmasters-run event, as well.

DON'T DO IT SHOWMASTERS!! xD

I asked this recently Anne, and was appauled at the answer. Wiki it and you'll find the best answer.

I don't think I have anything else to say, others have said my answer for me...

Thanks - I see what you mean - I'm in my 40's and am shocked by what I read!

A

I used to be a regular attendee at another organiser's events. Then they added anime. At first it was ok, but as time went on the anime took over and the things I was interested in disappeared. The stalls were all selling pokky and manga (and so on), the film and TV merchandise I had previously been able to obtain was nowhere to be seen, and the guests I had enjoyed meeting were no longer attending. The last event I went to was extremely badly organised and when I gave them some constructive criticism they dismissed my suggestions. I haven't been back since. For this reason I really do not want Showmasters to have anime at their shows.

• 2 weeks later...

I am a huge anime fan so would love to see an anime event - however I am really confused about this free hug/glomp thing, what happened exactly?

The only free hugs thing I have ever heard about started in Australia by a few people to highlight being nice to one another etc nothing to do with anime.

I don't really see why people are so up in arms about this - surely if an individual likes anime it's their choice! Nobody would stop anybody from watching Dr Who or Buffy etc etc why is anime so different. *sigh*

(Kinda intrigued as to why Lizzy was appauled a glomp is an enthusiastic hug)