A thank you to you all

showmasters

• Showmasters Admin

hi all

i just want to thank you all for supporting this event

as some of you know we do this event not to make money but to meet the guests ourselves

this last event was a little slower than the last event we have run and this must be down to all the issues people are having with the economy at this time

we know its hard for everyone at this time, so we thank you all for coming to the event, we did lose some money running this event but we will be back next year with Ernest Borgnine and a good line up and guest to celebrate the 40 years of the Moon Landings

so help us to keep growing Autographica and make the next event even better, so we can keep bringing you bigger guests, if you can help spread the word and let as many people know of Autographica as this is the best way to keep this event going and get bigger names for future shows

if anyone wants to give out fliers and help spread the word just drop us a email and send your address and we can send out some fliers to give out

anyway thanks for being there last weekend and we hope you all enjoyed the show

see you at the next one

jason :chair:

Frightening stuff - a loss. Glad you brought this to our attention. I know I don't want to lose this show so we need to make sure we keep supporting it (I attend each event as there tends to be a Bond signing) and spreading the word.

Is money only made on entrance tickets and stall space or is a cut obtained from autographs sold too?

I'm not surprised that it made a loss - I arrived at 11am, got all the autographs I wanted (including Joanna Lumley), and was on my way home by 1pm. I was amazed it took me so little time. It didn't help that the stalls were so disappointing for me, I was hoping to see Star Trek autograph cards but there were no trading cards whatsoever. (Having said that, I did really enjoy the event!) Maybe holding it on a different date from a rival event would be wise for next year.

Edited by nosfer2

Trading cards at autographica? Wrong market... shoulda tried elsewhere. Like Coventry this weekend.

The cards I'm looking for are autographed by Star Trek stars. I'm sure I saw them the last time I attended Autographica, though admittedly that was a long time ago. I'm intending coming to Coventry so I'll keep an eye out for them there.

This was my 4th or 5th Autographica and I had a wonderful time. All the guests were happy to chat & pose for pics as always at a nice chilled out event. The highlight for me was the gala dinner, the first I have attended. Well organised, good food, entertaining and very good company in Rachel & I even had a winning bid at the auction!

Many thanks to all those who made this brilliant weekend possible :thumbup::thumbup::D

Aaron

Frightening stuff - a loss. Glad you brought this to our attention. I know I don't want to lose this show so we need to make sure we keep supporting it (I attend each event as there tends to be a Bond signing) and spreading the word.

Is money only made on entrance tickets and stall space or is a cut obtained from autographs sold too?

SM and Autographica are in a commercial world, so have to expect to make a loss on commercial enterprises from time to time - particularly at the moment.

I'd of done Saturday had the Sunday guests been there then, I had another event on Sunday (and not THAT one!) so couldn't make it then. Speaking of which the main complaint I hear of THAT one was it was too crowded on the Saturday!

There were actually 3 events I could have attended Saturday, but I'd already booked by train for Sunday so couldn't make any of them without spending more on travel.

Edited by TerraHawk