Latest Guest Announcement - David Holland

showmasters

Dave Holland, as with many others of what some are refering to as "extras", have had many more roles than you perhaps give them credit for. It is indeed these guests that I will travel far and wide to see.

Dave also palyed 009 in Octopussy....a memorable role, where the clown crashes through the plate glass window of the ambassadors house.

Dave is a stuntman and actor....without these people, the larger stars wouldn't be who they are today. We should be celebrating them,and their contributions to cinematic history. The stoies these guys have are much more interesting - everyoneknows the big star stories....these guys give you an insight into what really went on.

As far as autograph collecting goes....a Dave Holland autograph sells for more than a Brosnan,Dalton or Moore due to it's rarity.

I think there should be more respect shown on this forum.

I think you will find Andy Bradford had the acting role of 009, but the stunt of the clown was done by Dave Holland. Check IMDb for credits.

No - it was Andy Bradford who played 009 and came crashing through the windows of the British Embassy.

Dave Holland, as with many others of what some are refering to as "extras", have had many more roles than you perhaps give them credit for. It is indeed these guests that I will travel far and wide to see.

Dave also palyed 009 in Octopussy....a memorable role, where the clown crashes through the plate glass window of the ambassadors house.

Dave is a stuntman and actor....without these people, the larger stars wouldn't be who they are today. We should be celebrating them,and their contributions to cinematic history. The stoies these guys have are much more interesting - everyoneknows the big star stories....these guys give you an insight into what really went on.

As far as autograph collecting goes....a Dave Holland autograph sells for more than a Brosnan,Dalton or Moore due to it's rarity.

No - it was Andy Bradford who played 009 and came crashing through the windows of the British Embassy.

I think you will find that Andy Bradford did the acting role of 009, but the stunt was done by Dave Holland. Check IMDb for credits.

You are absolutely correct - andy bradford was 009 - Dave did the window crash

Wasn't he also a Stormtrooper?

Nope

Awesome!!!!

Now all is missing is Norton Clerk, n°7 on that pic...

He would be a very good guest as well!

X-Wing-Group-30002.jpg

:YAHOO:

Unfortunately Norton Clark is dead. He dead back in the 80s.

I have watched A New Hope way too many times than is healthy and ive never noticed this chap.

Maybe vintage77, you should have gone Spec Savers!

There were two units working on the day of filming, and Andy Bradford was filming elsewhere, when Dave Holland did the clown stunt with a different unit. It's common knowledge in the business. Please don't go on making a fool of yourself by insisting it wasn't the case.

I must say, we were not going to get any Star Wars autographs on Saturday, but when we walked down past his table, he called us over, had a chat, he was very friendly. We purchased an autograph from him and he posed for a photo with the family which is on the "Post your pics" thread.

I think he'd had a few to drink though, he had a pint under his table, and when we were leaving he was walking into the hall with another pint in his hand! He shook hands with us all, wished us a safe journey back etc.

He may be an extra, but well worth going to meet him at future events!

I wouldn't have got Dave Holland's autograph on Saturday if I hadn't been talking to Jack Klaff at his table on Saturday. Same with Laurie Goode. Dave Holland or Laurie Goode told me an interesting story about the Faberge egg used in the scene when 009 crashes through the window at the British Embassy in Germany. I was shocked at how much the egg cost.

Edited by SunSpeed