Early reports on the show?

Aldrin

How's it looking?

Brilliant!! We had a great time! Went to meet the astronauts, and they were just charming! Able to chat and have pics taken! Worth every penny!!! Patrick Moore..what a lovely man!!

Didnt stay long as hotel was very warm, and pregnancy hormones got the better of me, but enjoyed ourselves immensely, cant wait to see who will be at next years!!

Just fabulous!!!!

Very good day, much quieter than I was expecting it to be but as has already been previously said it made the event that much better.

Keir Dullea and Gary Lockwood were great, a really good double act, just a shame they didn't do a talk, I think it would have been very entertaining.

The talks I went to, Jerry Carr and Patrick Moore were excellent, especially as they came included in the gold card package. Photo shoots were good too, slightly different background to the usual blue, kind of a mottled blue and white pattern. Only downside was my 2001 photoshoot which hasn't really come out the way I had hoped!

For anyone going tomorrow who's interested I'd say the Bond girls photo shoot is probably worth going for. Today they had virtually, if not all, of the Bond Girls taking part in the shoot. I didn't have one done myself but it sounded as if they were having a whale of a time in there. Funny though it seemed to be mostly men queueing up for that one!

All in all an excellent day though, to meet and have a photo (thanks by the way to the guy on the information desk who sorted out the problem with my missing Jim Lovell photo shoot ticket this morning) with Jim Lovell was fantastic.

We went on Saturday afternoon, got lost trying to find the astronauts, so we got a good look around and it was very quiet. I reckon we were only there for an hour/ hour and half tops.

The Tenth planet store had a few bargains, two masters and doctor and Martha set for £10 and a Reaper for £10 so Kirstin bought those. The other (single) action figures were £7 each.

A lot of the guests had cancelled so the halls felt very spacious, lot of interest in Bond girls but not a lot else going on. When we found the astronauts tucked away on the right hand side, the room was empty, no queue. The price was a lot more than I had budgeted for so I went and got more from the lobby cashpoint.

Kirstin and I got our book autographed and suddenly felt too overwelmed and shy to get photo taken with the astronauts but did not mind :unsure: (this is funny cos if it had been a bit busier we probably wouldn't have felt so self-conscious)

Hi to Shaun who looked very debonaire in his suit.

How's it looking?

Hello altogether,

my one day trip from Stuttgart to London on Saturday was really worthwhile.I came to the show especially because of the astronauts.It was great and very impressive for me,to meet the famous astronaut Jim Lovell in person.And the photoshoot with him was top as well.But also the meetings with moonwalker Dave Scott and the astronauts Vance Brand and Jerry Carr were amazing.And that the astronauts took the time for small talks with me,was great as well.As a child,I dreamed to meet and talk with Jim Lovell and Dave Scott.On Saturday,this dream was fullfilled.

A BIG THANK YOU to Dave and his team.Autographica 12 was great.And thank you for the service to send me my photo with Jim Lovell as well.Unfortunately,I must leave the hotel,before the photos came back to the show.So I`m looking forward now with a great joy to receive my photo with Jim Lovell in a few weeks.

Best from Germany,

Helmut

Def the quietest Autographica i have been to,(i attended yesterday) , was happy with the Guest list from the perspective of the Line up as i am a massive Bond Fan and it was great to meet the 1st time signers like Toni White, Caroline Hallett and Jane Spencer, however i was suprised at the lack of punters and yesterday afternoon was really quiet so had ample time to have a good chat with all the Bond Guests.

Highlights for me were Rachel Mcdowell who was absoleutly lovely and so friendly(even though she is a Liverpool fan!!!) , she was great fun and i had a good chat with her about Mama Mia as one of my friends worked on it and she knew him from there time on the Greek islands- get her back for another Show(also would like to say she is one of the tallest females i have ever met but so friendly)

The day was rounded off perfectly by having a drink with my friends in the Bar afterwards and being joined by Carole Ashby , Alison Worth, Jane Spencer,Cheryl Anne and Caroline Hallett (we were all in Bond Heaven!!) Thanks Ladies

I enjoyed it so much on Saturday, I had to go in again on Sunday morning.

(Our Lass and I stayed in the hotel, execellent service, food, the rooms and staff)

Met and chatted to Jerry Carr, Vance Brand (I remember there missions), Gary Lockwood and Keir Dullea were a great team - like some one else said a great double act (On the Sunday met with Heather Downham, a lovely lady with lots to say about 2001)

Had a good chat with Mat Irvine and 'Johny' Johnson,

Yes a quite show (may be the credit crunch... ...who knows) but a excellent weekend and I'll certinly be making the next Autographica my 5th!

Well done team and thank you for your efforts and hard work

von Dawson's Express

PS Had a Yuri Gagarin Autograph confirmed, very pleased....

I thought that Autographica 12 was the most enjoyable and relaxing event that I have attended.

I found all the guests to be very friendly.

Firstly I met Gary Lockwood and Keir Dullea who spent time chatting to me. When Sir Patrick Moore arrived in the same room, I was able to talk to him for quite a while.

I also met Susannah York and we discussed the film Tom Jones, and what it was like to work with Albert Finney. She is one of our finest actresses, and it was a pleasure to meet her.

Joanna Lumley was 'absolutely fabulous'! She had a long queue throughout Sunday yet made time to chat to everyone. Despite her queue, she willingly posed for photos with everybody who wanted one. Those who, like me, attended her photoshoot, all came away with huge smiles on their faces as she was so friendly.

I was also delighted to meet Susan George because not only has she been in many interesting films, she breeds champion Arabian horses and photographs them. Her website shows some of her superb images. I was also on Susan's table at the dinner - she was great company. She also agreed to pose for some portraits for the photographic course I am currently doing. I will be putting some of my photos on another thread.

The dinner was a highly entertaining event which I throughly enjoyed.

I also spent some time talking to other guests - Rachel McDowall, Caroline Munro, Vance Brand, Simon MacCorkindale and the wonderful Trina Parks who is always a joy to meet.

I would like to say a huge 'thank you' to Dave Phillips, Jason and everyone else who worked so hard to put on this event, and make it so memorable for everyone who attended.

Just a quick thankyou to all the dealers and exhibitors too: on a quiet day in London, it was good to browse the stands and chat to them all. I expect their takings were well down, so I hope that doesn't put them off from attending A13: the shows wouldn't take place without their support!

Got there about midday on the Sunday after the 2hr+ journey down, first thoughts were 'gosh this is quiet!' If you compare it to those early Autographica's in Northampton and Coventry, which were real busy.....

Had to wonder round a bit to find the signers, found Dave Scott and Jim Lovell in an empty room with bored looking helpers. Jim looked really trim and is sharp as a button for 80 yrs old. However I got to say judging by the lack of queues I do think Jim and Dave have priced themselves out a bit! I kind of got a lot of things for them to sign but I have to ration it to one item every appearance. Had a long chat with both of them, which felt really weird untill I just sort of snapped out of being a bit awestruck of me making small talk with a couple of Apollo astronauts. I asked Jim if it was true the Apollo 13 crew hold the record for being the furthest humans away from Earth and he laughed and said it was, but it wasn't the original intention!

My fave was Susan George, who was chatty and posh and friendly and signed with a great flourish. I'd taken along a rare publicity picture from when she first started out and she was delighted to sign something a bit different and spoke at length about the pic and who took it and where etc. She really is a class act.

Kiwi were you the young chap taking lots of pictures of a friendly sort of lady by some flowers (don't know who she was) I think a few people were muscling in on your session!

Anyway, not bad, not bad at all.

Thanks to the organisers for putting it on.

Looking forward to Birmingham in April.

It was my third Autographica and for me as a big Bond-Fan it is always great to be there.

Although the 3 Bond-Girls Wayborn, Johnson and Milecivic weren´t there on Sunday I had a great time in London with the other brilliant guests . All guests were so friendly. Thank you Dave for this excellent event!

Greetings from Germany

Jürgen

I too thoroughly enjoyed Sunday and it was nice to see Joanna again.

I managed to spend time with Gloria Hendry, Papillon So Soo and Caroline Munro but my fave was Rachel MacDowall. As a first time signer, she seemed to really enjoy it and she was so friendly and enjoyed talking about QoF and Mama Mia.

It's always nice to catch up with friends and fellow collectors too.

Can't wait for next April!!

I went to my first ever Autographica yesterday and really enjoyed it! The venue was excellent and all the guests we lovely! Joanna Lumley was my fave as well as Rachel McDowall! It's a shame about Andrew Sachs, I hope Russell Brand and Jonathan Ross are punished for what they did some how.

Anyhow, back to the show, great job SM, a great way to spend my Sunday!

I can echo the other sentiments on here. Was great to enjoy such a relaxed show and the guests were a joy to meet.

Special mention to James Cosmo who I had been looking forward to meeting greatly and he didn't disappoint. Was terrificly friendly, chatted about his experiences making The Sweeney, and the photo I had taken with him is a real cracker!

I love the laid back nature of the show and the effect this atmosphere has on the guests seems to make them so much more approachable.

Thanks to the organisers and all those crew members, all of whom I met were extremely polite and helpful.

Thanks guys.

Well bearing in mind everything else trying to punch holes in folks pockets.. I'm not surprised it was relatively quiet. Busy enough though. I seem to recall that the dealer half of the room at Brum always looked very quiet on both days.. so this time although it seemed more compact, it seemed busier.

Plenty of guests dotted around. 2001/Patrick were signposted, but Jim/Dave didn't seem to be.

Yep, Rachel McDowell was a star. Heck, a Scouser that signs stuff, rare these days! If what I heard about her acting start is much to go by, Look out World.. I forgot to ask her if she got Acting lessons from Streep and Singing from Brosnan or vice versa on the set of Mama Mia... I told her at the start that I wasn't into Mama Mia, but by the end of the weekend, had succumbed, and got an 8*10 (for my Mum), and the OST (yet to be signed :thumbup:). Dammn she could be rather persuasive.. LOL!

Interesting how Kiwi7 managed to get Susan George to model, but not Bond Girl Rachel... Well, I know Susan's more experienced and as his Dad said, knew the poses.

Great Dinner, not entirely sure the 2001 refs at the start entirely worked.. I did note a few ears of corn sprouting.. but having watched the'Jupiter Mission' section today, there were quite a few quotes that got missed..

Shame Shabs will be a long-haired hippy compared to some of us at the next show.. :D

Edited by gilgalad70

My fave was Susan George, who was chatty and posh and friendly and signed with a great flourish. I'd taken along a rare publicity picture from when she first started out and she was delighted to sign something a bit different and spoke at length about the pic and who took it and where etc. She really is a class act.

I was standing at Susan's table whilst she was signing that photo - she really was impressed with it, wasn't she? Can you remember the name of the photographer whom she said had taken the photo?

Kiwi were you the young chap taking lots of pictures of a friendly sort of lady by some flowers (don't know who she was) I think a few people were muscling in on your session!

Yes that was me, and the lady was Caroline Munro, who was happy to pose for me.

I was standing at Susan's table whilst she was signing that photo - she really was impressed with it, wasn't she? Can you remember the name of the photographer whom she said had taken the photo?

Peter Collington? Collingford? Something like that

Edited by Ted Crump