Next Years Parties!

Oh yes i be well ahead me but i thought it would be handy to start this thread now in case it can help SM in anyway possible with the choices of themes for next years parties. Afterall a few people did mention how helpful it would be to have the parties announced alot earlier so that outfit preperations could be put into place as it isn't easy to get that sort of thing done last minute.......so we have had Through The Rift-characters through time, 1930's/1940's Big Band and A Night On The Town In Cardiff which leaves us with one vital question....................

WHAT SHALL WE HAVE FOR MARCH??????????????????????????

Oh yes i be well ahead me but i thought it would be handy to start this thread now in case it can help SM in anyway possible with the choices of themes for next years parties. Afterall a few people did mention how helpful it would be to have the parties announced alot earlier so that outfit preperations could be put into place as it isn't easy to get that sort of thing done last minute.......so we have had Through The Rift-characters through time, 1930's/1940's Big Band and A Night On The Town In Cardiff which leaves us with one vital question....................

WHAT SHALL WE HAVE FOR MARCH??????????????????????????

Actually I'd still like the 1930s/40s big Band night, that went really well, and as Matt Rippy will be a guest it does seem appropriate!

Big Band would be great again too....how about adding an auction or raffle to get a slow dance with Matt Rippy....it be just like replicating that wonderful episode of Torchwood.

I'd love to see Myths and Monsters......such a variety....a huge variety.

Big Band would be great again too....how about adding an auction or raffle to get a slow dance with Matt Rippy....it be just like replicating that wonderful episode of Torchwood.

I'd love to see Myths and Monsters......such a variety....a huge variety.

Oooh... I love the idea of winning a dance with Matt Rippy! Perhaps a dance to be mutually agreed between the winner and Mr. Rippy, since some people prefer swing and the faster things, whilst others prefer slow? :D

And yeah, I definitely support another Big Band night. We should've had the Myths and Monsters at this last one, given how they were taking the mick out of us during the skit! :YAHOO:

Now, if I can just find a brain to make a real suggestion...

I adored the 30/40s party it made my eyes water it was amaing and the singers were ace, it made me feel as though i was with jack and tosh in the second the last episode

also how about a torchwood/doc who/ sarah jane villains party, villains twnd to have best outfits

I loved the 1940's dance it was fantastic and would deffo enjoy another one.

How about a labyrinth themed masked Ball with music from the film of course :-)

i love the idea of a masked ball not labyrinth themed but masked owuld be awesome, even the guests could wear masks and then they would be hidden you'd never know who you were dancing with!

also love the idea of blue gillespie performing i have to confess suggested that to gareth in the intimate encounter and he did seem to like the idea, and as we heard at the talk alot of people would love it,

personally i wasn't keen on the 40's theme i can only handle so much swing music, but once they started playing the regular music (all hail the sound of the tardis) it def improved, but i really do love the idea of a masked ball and also the DW/SJ/TW villians theme or just those 3 in general

Edited by thewhiteladyofrohan

Failing to get Gareth Blue Gillespie then there is always Studio Arcade who are just as good.....albeit bith different styles of music and sound.

Even then if we did have either at the party is still does not give a theme to dress to....what we need are themes...yes we may end up with the big band theme again but what will we fill the other 2 nights with.

Just thinking but since this event is going to be near St Patricks Day...albeit a couple of days why not a St Paddy's Day theme kinda thing.....or just the excuse to get really drunk and get in the Irish spirit lol.

Could always try the following...just throwing ideas into the mix.

Heaven And Hell.

Fetish Ball Party...not one for the faint hearted lol.

Wild West.

Pirates And Wrenches.

Titanic.

Masquerade.

Black And White.

i would love on maybe the sunday night or something jsut completly random to have a silent disco, i love them think that are fantastic and so funny to watch as well

hahahaha, yea they do them at reading fest etc, they are pretty funny to watch!! ive never been to one personally tho, but i hear they are good fun XD lol

G x

Edited by n0fear88