Mark Hamill

draven

does Mark Hamill ever come to any signing events in the uk? it would be very nice to meet him someday

anyone ever met him before? if so whats he like

Yup he did Celebration last year, he was a really nice guy when I met him! Seemed to be really happy to meet fans and enjoy himself (in other words not just a money grabber!)

£85!!! I guess I was very lucky, as many, many years ago in London, he and Dave Prowse were signing copies of The Empire Strikes Back in a London store. (That tells you how long ago it was). Buying a copy of the paperback book was all you had to do to get the autographs.

i reckon showmasters will get him either this year or next 85 is steepish but the queue at last years event was massive so it just shows there is still a big demand i reckon they'd be better off trying to make it a smaller event(empire day style)but centred around him with a talk etc and also other actors he had scenes with for some great multi signed that'd be cool

£85 an autograph :|

well i really wanna meet him......but not for that much

I've said it before but the only thing I regret about that signing was that I didn't get two :D

Had he been cheaper the queue would haev been 10-100 times as long. It just wouldn't have worked.

The problem is that since he want's less and less to do with Star Wars and wants to difinciate from it completely it's costing more and more to do any kind of apparenaces and signings. Since he was charging £85 last year, he's put his auto prices up in the USA too.

When channel 4 did bring back Star Wars he wanted $50,000 just to appear for a quick interview.

Putting it simply, he wants nothing to do with star wars unless the HUGE price is right

i reckon showmasters will get him either this year or next 85 is steepish but the queue at last years event was massive so it just shows there is still a big demand i reckon they'd be better off trying to make it a smaller event(empire day style)but centred around him with a talk etc and also other actors he had scenes with for some great multi signed that'd be cool

I very much doubt it tbh I can not see him gracing our shores again for a convention signing. I am sure that I have heard comments somewhere that he is stepping away from this kind of thing as he wants to concentrate on his up and coming projects.

I met him at CE like a few others I spent forever queuing up for him (I was the 2nd person to meet him on the first day so you can imagine how long I had waited). I got two autographs that day and on the second day I got an additional one. I also attend his talk which was fantastic he talked about his SW time and what he done after it his voice roles etc.....

I hope that I am wrong and that SM could get him but I doubt it will happen.

I also attend his talk which was fantastic he talked about his SW time and what he done after it his voice roles etc.....

Love to know about his talk. Did he mention roles he was offered but didn't do or how he felt about not having much of a varied film career outside SW? Thoughts on prequels or why he prefers voice work now?

Its not just Mark that wants the money but his agent, Derek Maki. Even if you are meeting Mark in-person or completing a send-in for autpgraphs, the price is the same, $150.

If it wasnt for the fact that Mark was looking for cash for a Balck Pearl film, he wouldnt have even been here for Celebration. Seeing as the guy doesnt like to fly unless he really has to!

The real kicker is though, the company behind Celebration Europe have been selling of their excess of Mark autos on C E photos on eBay. The average price seems to be £25!

The other point to mention about this appearance by him at CE was that it was, in his words or thereabouts, his first and ONLY Star Wars convention appearance. I too travelled down to London to meet him and once he had turned up on the first day a few hours late, and after a near-riot when some idiot on security said that all of his tickets had sold out and there wouldn't be any more available (before someone else pointed out that this was an error supposedly) for my £85 I had a choice of three photos, one from each of the original trilogy, and less than a minute with Mark Hamill while he sigend the picture.

Yes, I've met the guy who plays Luke Skywalker, but from what a number of us were told before we met him, that he enjoys taking time with fans, would write a personal message, would have a photo taken etc, it was a little disappointing.

It was generally agreed by those I spoke to afterwards that most of the problems were caused because Show Masters weren't in charge of organising the autograph room. If, and the chance of it happening is small, they were to get him for any event, I would make the effort to go along and see him again, no matter what the price. Just to see him at somewhere where the organisers know how to cater for fans and not just treat the event as a gigantic cash cow.

I met him at CE and although the price was high, I felt it was well worth it. I took my boys along with me, he posed for 2 seperate photos with them, we chatted about "The Big Red One" (I thought he might like to chat about something other than Star Wars for a minute or two). He commented on my multi-signed poster, we shook hands.....it was all very pleasant and a memory my boys and I will treasure!

Mark Hamill is generaly a nice guy but it's when he has Derek Malki prodding him in the back insisting he does anything he can to get more money that makes the guest unhappy.

Remember how misserable Carrie Fisher was at Collectormania 6? Malki was teling her not to talk to the fans and sign as quick as possible. Fast forward to the LFCC event where ahe appeared and she was a different person, posing for photos and chatting to the fans. Why was that? Becuase Malki wasn't there

Mark Hamill would do the US Celebration events but they're unwilling (rightfully so) to pay $50,000 to turn up and charge $150 an autograph. It's insane

Remember how miserable Carrie Fisher was at Collectormania 6? Malki was telling her not to talk to the fans and sign as quick as possible. Fast forward to the LFCC event where she appeared and she was a different person, posing for photos and chatting to the fans. Why was that? Becuase Malki wasn't there

Wow. When I met Irvin Kirshner at C6 Maki was sat next to him but he didnt seem to mind Irvin talking to fans there or posing for pics with him. I got to talk to him and ask about 3 questions and he had a VT. Maybe it was Carrie's queue was massive.

I met him at GMTV and he was really nice. He signed two Star Wars 10x8's and posed for two picture withs (I wanted to make sure, on two different camera's). So I think it is very unfair to say that he wants nothing to do with Star Wars. I would say he goes through phases! :D

i think sometimes it's just rumours that get out of control. im a huge rocky horror fan, i'd booked up to see tim curry in spamalot. i had a gorgeous 10x8 of him as frank but i was dreading asking him because there were loads of rumours about him 'never wanting to have anything to do with rocky' he wont sign pictures he wont even discuss it. but he was fantastic, he loved the still and was really chatty and friendly. it was'nt just a one off either cos i met him a few week's later and he was just as nice :(

Remember how miserable Carrie Fisher was at Collectormania 6? Malki was telling her not to talk to the fans and sign as quick as possible. Fast forward to the LFCC event where she appeared and she was a different person, posing for photos and chatting to the fans. Why was that? Becuase Malki wasn't there

Wow. When I met Irvin Kirshner at C6 Maki was sat next to him but he didnt seem to mind Irvin talking to fans there or posing for pics with him. I got to talk to him and ask about 3 questions and he had a VT. Maybe it was Carrie's queue was massive.

Kirshner was at the next one not the same one as Carrie. Part of the issue with Carrie (and Mark) is that they do like to chat to the fans and as such don't get through autographs quick enough and this is why Maki and event staff try to hurry them up.

A previous poster says that they didn't get a photo with Mark at CE - they should have done it was included in the price. Personal messages were never an option but he was dedicating.

someone told me when they went to see him last year - that he was signing for £85 but then he would go outside for a break and people would go up to him and he would sign stuff for free!

like a previous poster says he signed a lot of stuff at gmtv - so all the dealers who got him were happy.

I also attend his talk which was fantastic he talked about his SW time and what he done after it his voice roles etc.....

Love to know about his talk. Did he mention roles he was offered but didn't do or how he felt about not having much of a varied film career outside SW? Thoughts on prequels or why he prefers voice work now?

His talk was very entertaing, dropping from one voice to another. I recall him doing an English accent acting out a scenario of an English army officer and then dropping straight in the joker's voice (or something along those lines). I can not remember the entire talk so if people's memory is better than mine my apologies in advance for getting things wrong. I seem to remember him talking about his thoughts on other characters within the franchise and the books that tell the story between eps 3 and 4 although it appeared he didn't have a great deal of knowledge of them. He did a Q&A session and answered everyones questions. I have to also mention how great Warwick Davis was as the compare.

As per someone else's comments he was posing for photos and dedicating autographs just not signing 'Mark Hamill - Luke Skywalker' (I guess the same reasons behind Carrie not writing her character name).

Although I have read many comments regarding the agent (Malki?) I was at CE for the entire event and I met him in one of the bars one of the nights and we had a chat about the autograph business and getting the guests. Very talkative and I found approachable within a social circle.

His talk was very entertaing, dropping from one voice to another. I recall him doing an English accent acting out a scenario of an English army officer and then dropping straight in the joker's voice (or something along those lines). I can not remember the entire talk so if people's memory is better than mine my apologies in advance for getting things wrong. I seem to remember him talking about his thoughts on other characters within the franchise and the books that tell the story between eps 3 and 4 although it appeared he didn't have a great deal of knowledge of them. He did a Q&A session and answered everyones questions. I have to also mention how great Warwick Davis was as the compare.

As per someone else's comments he was posing for photos and dedicating autographs just not signing 'Mark Hamill - Luke Skywalker' (I guess the same reasons behind Carrie not writing her character name).

Although I have read many comments regarding the agent (Malki?) I was at CE for the entire event and I met him in one of the bars one of the nights and we had a chat about the autograph business and getting the guests. Very talkative and I found approachable within a social circle.

I agree with all of that!! I believe that Mark's talk was on youtube not sure if it still is. I was talking to someone and said that I'd heard that Maki was abit of a tw** and he then went and got Maki to come and talk to us - seems he was one of his friends!! I found him okay to talk to and same thing really some interesting stuff about the autograph business and how much Harrison Ford would charge etc!! (£250+ if you're interested)