Walter Cunningham, Apollo 7

Frank Borman, Gemini 7 - Apollo 8

William Anders, Apollo 8

Tom Stafford, Gemini 6, 9, Apollo 10, ASTP

Thomas Mattingley (Apollo 13) Apollo 16, Shuttle

John Young, need I say any more...

Skylab crews...

Soviet/Russian Cosmonauts...

Hell, why not have a completely spaceflight Autographica Special, say around July, (lets see) I think theres an anniversary coming up.......

von Dawson's Express

Ok, ok...............it's way too early but have we any suggestions on who we would like to see at the next show?

For me, I'd like to see:

• Fiona Fullerton
  • Daniela Bianchi
  • Olga Bisera
  • Mie Hama
  • Corinne Clery
  • Carole Bouquet

Edger Mitchell, Apollo 14

Richard Gordon, Apollo 12

Walter Cunningham, Apollo 7

Frank Borman, Gemini 7 - Apollo 8

William Anders, Apollo 8

Tom Stafford, Gemini 6, 9, Apollo 10, ASTP

Thomas Mattingley (Apollo 13) Apollo 16, Shuttle

John Young, need I say any more...

Ed Mitchell has canceled his appearance at the last 3 shows so I don't see him coming back. Dick Gordon and Walt Cunningham.... possible but Borman, Anders, Stafford, Mattingly and Young? You'd get better odds getting all 6 numbers on the national lottery than having those gentlemen agree to attend a show!!

Hell, why not have a completely spaceflight Autographica Special, say around July, (lets see) I think theres an anniversary coming up.......

von Dawson's Express

A dedicated spaceflight Autographica is a first class suggestion, although it might reduce the profitability of the event.

And yes, we must get back to having COSMONAUTS. Sergei Krikalev was in the U.K. at the beginning of October, so he can get a Visa for UK travel!

von Dawson's Express

A dedicated spaceflight Autographica is a first class suggestion, although it might reduce the profitability of the event.

And yes, we must get back to having COSMONAUTS. Sergei Krikalev was in the U.K. at the beginning of October, so he can get a Visa for UK travel!

Gene Krantz...............PLEASE!!!!

Ok, ok...............it's way too early but have we any suggestions on who we would like to see at the next show?

For me, I'd like to see:

• Fiona Fullerton
  • Daniela Bianchi
  • Olga Bisera
  • Mie Hama
  • Corinne Clery
  • Carole Bouquet

My favorites for the next show:

Sue Vanner

Tina Hudson

Emily Bolton

Michael Chow

Virginia Hey

John Rhys-Davis

Kell Tyler

Catherine Rabett

Dulice Liecier

Carl Rigg

Stefan Kalipha

Anthony Starke

Daphne Deckers

Know what? If the Astronauts / Cosmonauts were of the right calibre I bet the attendance would be huge! Add some pilots etc and pick a smaller, less expensive venue and an Aerospace Only convention could be a winner!

My wishlist?

Rusty Schweickart

Charlie Duke

Valentina Tereshkova

Dick Gordon

Walt Cunningham

Helen Sharman

Sally Ride

Edgar Mitchell

Any Apollo astronaut!

Apollo astro's that have been to Autographica's are Walt Cunningham, Jim Lovell, Dave Scott, Jim McDivitt, Rusty Scheiwkart, Gene Cernan, Buzz Aldrin, Al Bean, Dick Gordon, Fred Haise, Al Worden, and Charlie Duke, is that right?

Out of the ones left, Bill Anders, Mike Collins, Neil Armstrong, John Young either don't sign at all or don't attend autograph events.

I've never heard of any appearences by Frank Borman or Ken Mattingley, so I don't know their status.

That leaves by my reckoning Tom Stafford and Harrison Schmitt, who I believe do the odd signing now and again, maybe showmasters could have a go at those two please? But like I said any Apollo astro is very welcome!

In America next year they are doing a 40th anniversary reunion for Apollo 9, that'd be super if showmasters could get them here too!

How about Ringo Starr....

Sorry, had to get that in.

Seriously, thank you to every one answering my message, its appriciated,

A good theme if the Apollo astronauts could not make it, is if the Shuttle retires in 2010 how about a shuttle theme? There where some big missions in the '80's, rescuing satellites, launching planetary probes and launching and servicing Hubble.

Try www.astronautix.com

Regards and bests

von Dawson's Express

Nah, Jeremy Clarkson... Btw Jezza seems to think anyone remotely interested in collecting autographs either in person or by post, or Ebay are sad individuals, but not quite as sad as those who collect on behalf of dealers. Apparently, he claims to sign items for those collectors.. 'To the kiddie fiddler'.

Nice Guy, huh! Apparently much better to spend 100K on a Ford GT40 that needs to refuel if he drives from home to Top Gear Studios (ohh 120 miles, apparently?) thats if it starts or doesn't break down.. than a few quid on something that might be worth more than scrap in 2 years time..

Bet the queues to buy his book are REALLY long now! I think NOT!

I thought Astronautix was the Asterix character that only became powerful on Full Moons..

sorry..... :D

When he did 'Robot War's' The First War, he was not very popular, but I would say it was anicdotal...

But Craig Charles was a very nice chap, had pleanty of time for evey one and would chat away - one incedent I liked was, he was out side the set having a fag and a rest when a young boy about 8 or 9 went up to him and he signed a book (or photo) for him and took the time to talk. I watched from some distance and could see a differnt person to the one the tabliods would report about him

Since then I have always had a respect for Mr. Charles.

Regards

von Dawson's Express

Nah, Jeremy Clarkson... Btw Jezza seems to think anyone remotely interested in collecting autographs either in person or by post, or Ebay are sad individuals, but not quite as sad as those who collect on behalf of dealers. Apparently, he claims to sign items for those collectors.. 'To the kiddie fiddler'.

Nice Guy, huh! Apparently much better to spend 100K on a Ford GT40 that needs to refuel if he drives from home to Top Gear Studios (ohh 120 miles, apparently?) thats if it starts or doesn't break down.. than a few quid on something that might be worth more than scrap in 2 years time..

Bet the queues to buy his book are REALLY long now! I think NOT!

I thought Astronautix was the Asterix character that only became powerful on Full Moons..

sorry..... :WAVE:

Last week Clarkson did his column supporting Ringo and his 'no more autographs' message. He suggested it was the bain of his life now.. was ok at first, but now takes up so much time..

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/...icle1826328.ece

Interesting article. I kind of agree with the reader who put " Please, who cares about a grumpy drummer and C-list TV presenter?". Ringo has put out a strange (and slightly slurring) video saying not to send him any more stuff to sign...I know he was a Beatle and he's nearly 70, but he comes across as a bit kind of eccentric.

Once at Leamington a couple of years back Clarkson was filming something not 25 feet from where I was sitting. I carried on reading my paper coz I'm not a 'fan', he and another bloke sat on the bench next to me and they were both moaning their heads off about about something...maybe nobody was asking them for autographs :)

Have fun at the weekend folks!

After Jim Lovells appearnce this time round, Fred Haise would be a good guest to have next time.

Yes! And how about Gunther Wendt aswell? Be nice to meet some of those who worked hard behind the scenes as it were, who helped get these men into space.

Also, it would be good to see some more shuttle astronauts, for example, Mike Mullane and Dr Tom Jones.

Still hoping to meet Gene Krantz one day.......!!!

Sam.

• 2 weeks later...

Here's a few suggestions for guests.

Ray Harryhausen(lives in London,and is always in the states doing shows,never seen him sign in the UK.)

Any Astronauts(but not if they are charging silly money,kept in a locked room,or in a bad mood)

Gerry Anderson

How bout some of the guys off the History Channel's DogFights series,especially The Mig Killers,Phantom and Thuderchief pilots,they would give some great lectures.

More history related guests.Actors do signings at other shows,Autographica is unique in it's non-showbizz signers.

If the rumour mill is correct and Buzz is going to make an appearance at Autographica 13, perhaps you folks might like to ponder on the following:

A friend who went to the ASF Show in Florida this weekend was seeking an inscription. The price was $50 PER WORD in addition to the base fee of $350.

Buzz has now lost all credability and a lot of potential customers. He should think about the following mathematics since figures are his strong point:

Low Fee with more customers = High Fee with fewer customers.

Perhaps the following is even more accurate:

Low fee with more customers > High fee with fewer customers.

If the rumour mill is correct and Buzz is going to make an appearance at Autographica 13, perhaps you folks might like to ponder on the following:

A friend who went to the ASF Show in Florida this weekend was seeking an inscription. The price was $50 PER WORD in addition to the base fee of $350.

Buzz has now lost all credability and a lot of potential customers. He should think about the following mathematics since figures are his strong point:

Low Fee with more customers = High Fee with fewer customers.

Perhaps the following is even more accurate:

Low fee with more customers > High fee with fewer customers.

Agreed. I admire these men and they are historical figures....but their agents or whoever set their prices for them seem, dare I say it, either greedy or well out of touch. And I HATE this 'per word' cobblers - you pay the price so you should get whatever you ask them for (within reason)! I'm sorry but with these high prices it's the least they can do!

Don't know how many of you are aware: but Charlie Duke, Edgar Mitchell and Gene Cernan are all on a Mediterranean cruise starting April 17th next year. So it isn't looking good for astronaut guests: probably only Rusty & Walt will be available..... (Apart from Dr A, of course!) Feels like a bit of a kick in the crutch for we UK space history fans: maybe the show is going to be Astro-free next year: if so, a few of us won't be there.....