Hopper Bus?

Charmer

Hi there, this is my first time to an Autographica, so I'm just wondering what number Hopper Bus I'd need to get from Terminal 2? Thanks in advance for any help that people are able to give.

Hoppa H3 - for which there is a charge, from T1, T2, or T3

or

105,111,140,285,555,556,557 routes from Heathrow Central Bus Station - free to locations on the perimeter road, which includes the event hotel.

Charmer DON'T get the Hoppa bus - get the FREE buses that go there - here's a cut and paste from an earlier post

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I know A12 its some months away, but I guess some of us have to start planning our transport soon, and I came across this article about rail/tube travel to Heathrow, and FREE buses to and from Heathrow to the Radisson Hotel (I used the 140 bus last time and had no probs, but check your bus stop - some of them are 'set down' only and not for picking up!)

Don't forget to check before you travel as engineering work takes place at the weekends and can REALLY spoil your day.

Hope this info is of use.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A curious policy is operated by the owner of Heathrow Airport - BAA. The Official Hoppa Bus charges £4 to each hotel. At the same time BAA subsidises all public buses so that any journey from the terminals to anywhere on the perimeter roads (where many of the hotels are) is COMPLETELY FREE.

So if you are able to carry your luggage a short distance, you may want to take advantage. From terminal 1.2.3 make your way to the central bus station which is clearly signposted in the middle of all 3 terminals.

The 285 bus is one of many, but may be particularly attractive as it is set low for ease of boarding and its layout has facilities for luggage. It is also frequent running every 10 minutes much of the time and runs a 24 hour schedule.

Hotels with free local buses to/from Heathrow Central (Terminals 1,2,3) -

Park Inn, Renaissance, Radisson, Marriott (Heathrow), Sheraton Skyline 105,111,140,285,555,556,557

(If I remember rightly a McDonalds comes into view not far from the Radisson)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Rail to Heathrow

A rail service - The Heathrow Express - runs every 15 minutes to/from London Paddington. This is the fastest but most expensive option. Trains run between around 5 a.m. and midnight. The advertised 15 minute journey time is from Heathrow Central for terminals 1,2,3.

There is a slower but cheaper alternative to the Heathrow Express that runs the same route, this is the Heathrow Connect train. This is a stopping train and thus takes about 10 minutes longer than the Heathrow Express, (25 minutes as against 15 minutes to Heathrow Central). The Heathrow Connect train is also less frequent, every 30 minutes (instead of every 15 minutes) and on Sunday only every 60 minutes. But it is cheaper.

Underground

The London Underground comes out to Heathrow in the form of the Piccadilly Line. The attraction is price and frequency, but the journey can take 45 minutes+ to and from central London. The service is around every 5 minutes. Obviously you may have to make several changes to get onto the Piccadilly Line, dependant on where you are heading for in London and beyond.

The downside is crowded carriages and around 20 stations into town. Heathrow Airport is in Zone 6 of London's zoned transport system. The Underground carriages become famously overcrowded during peak rush hours. When you are going to Heathrow make sure you board the right tube! Not all Piccadilly Line trains go to Heathrow and trains that visit Terminal 4, do not visit Terminal 5 and vice-versa.