A huge, HUGE "Thank you!"

While I may not be as seasoned a convention-goer as many on this board (though I've gone to quite a few), and I may be breaking rules by saying this, as this is my first Showmasters event so I can't compare it to anything but other cons, this was by far the best convention I've ever attended. You put a lot of effort into this event, Jason, Mark, Paul, Jola, Too Tall and everyone else, and it paid off absolutely beautifully! Thank you so much for bringing us such wonderful guests, and for giving us such a wonderful time.

For that matter, thank you so much for giving the guests such a wonderful time that several of them specifically wanted to come back to the next one you're doing. I have to say that I haven't seen that all that often in my experience, and I'm very impressed with you for pulling that off.

Needless to say, I've purchased a gold ticket for March. Get 'em while they're hot, folks! They've already sold half the gold ones. :P

While I may not be as seasoned a convention-goer as many on this board (though I've gone to quite a few), and I may be breaking rules by saying this, as this is my first Showmasters event so I can't compare it to anything but other cons, this was by far the best convention I've ever attended. You put a lot of effort into this event, Jason, Mark, Paul, Jola, Too Tall and everyone else, and it paid off absolutely beautifully! Thank you so much for bringing us such wonderful guests, and for giving us such a wonderful time.

For that matter, thank you so much for giving the guests such a wonderful time that several of them specifically wanted to come back to the next one you're doing. I have to say that I haven't seen that all that often in my experience, and I'm very impressed with you for pulling that off.

Needless to say, I've purchased a gold ticket for March. Get 'em while they're hot, folks! They've already sold half the gold ones. :P

HEAR HEAR!!!! Very well put, Blackbird. Awesome con, awesome guests, awesome staff & crew. Makes for a very enjoyable - and memorable - experience for everyone. Roll on March!

I'd also like to say a big huge thank you to Jason, Mark and everyone else on the crew for putting on what must be the best con ever. Have already got a gold for the hub 2.

And a big thank you to John, Gareth and Kai and the other guests for being so brilliant and giving us fans more than we ever could have hoped for :D

It was my first con and I have to say that it was absolutely fantastic. It surpassed all my expectations.

The crew were brilliant and really helpful and the gusts were great - really friendly and clearly having as much fun as we were! It was also wonderful to meet so many people from the forum and put some faces to names.

Can't wait for the Hub 2 :D

Edited by TeamGB

Whilst I only deejayed on the Saturday night I would like to say thanks to everyone who came and said hello or had a good time.

I thought the "routine" from the cast was excellent and although I had to drive back to Lancashire at 2am (nearly falling asleep several times!) I would do it again.

THANK YOU Showmasters!! To all of the guests and crew you helped me have one of the best weekends ever.

All the crew were lovely, polite, willing to help out whenever you needed anything, and were just fabulous. From what I could tell, everything seemed to run smoothly and almost problem free, you can't really ask for more than that!

To all the attendees, thanks for 'being cool'!

And a big thank you to John, Gareth and Kai and the other guests for being so brilliant and giving us fans more than we ever could have hoped for

They definetly did that! Thank you so much to every guest.

And a big thank you to John, Gareth and Kai and the other guests for being so brilliant and giving us fans more than we ever could have hoped for

They definetly did that! Thank you so much to every guest.

Lol! The Gareth and Kai panel session on Sunday was brilliant for oh so many reasons ;)

I had an absolutely amazing time! Everything was so much fun and I got to have some good times with my Livejournal mates. The guests were lovely, so much fun and up for a laugh. The crew were brilliant and all the attendees were nice.

Thanks to everyone! See ya at Hub 2!

Jemz x

This was my first convention - and wasn't really sure what to expect from both organisation side and the celebs attending but I thought it was fantastic - very well organised and all the crew were very helpful. Wanted to say thanks to all the other attendees for all following what was requested so that the guests would stay around.

Finally, wanted to pass on thanks to all the Torchwood cast who attended - it was great that they were so relaxed in general and during the photo shoots and autograph sessions and oh my god - how fantastic were the stage talks - naughty but loved it and even more, anyone who missed the performance by John, Kai & Gareth on stage saturday night - I cannot find the words to describe how hilarious and entertaining this was culminating in the final bow (or not) I will never forget it.

:D:poki:;)

I found the entire weekend reallllllly good!!!! :YAHOO::dance:

The drinks reception was AMAZING!!!! It was good that the crew were able to get the guests round the majoirty if not all of the people. I for one managed to talk to all of them and it was just so awesome :D

As for the play, I was in the front row so saw EVERYTHING :P;):poki: shame I didn't manage to get a pic of their bums at the end, but that image will be in my mind for A LONG TIME :blush:

The talks were absolutly BRILLIANT!!!! All the guests were really lovely and great fun!

This was my first con and I had an AWESOME time. Thanx so much for everything showmasters!! Already got my gold ticket for THE HUB 2!!!! :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Edited by rosiebasketcase

Also a big thank you to everybody involved with this convention. Because we've been bit in the behind quite a few times with other new conventions, we were a bit apprehensive, but wow, this weekend was amazing! Very well organized, friendly people, and indeed, if something wasn't perfect, the organization went out of their way to make it right. Hurah. (For instance, at the cocktail reception, we never got to meet any of the guests until we told the organizers; they immediately helped with getting the guests directed to our group.)

Due to a migraine I went to bed early last night, but woke up at 4.45 am when my friends finally left the bar to go get some sleep; they must've had a smashing time!!! :thumbup:

Thanks, and hopefully see you all again at another Hub con!

It really was an incredibly good weekend, though I think I broke something laughing so hard (I will never, EVER watch a Jon Voight film in the same way :thumbup: ).

Thanks to all the crew and organisers and the rest of the attendees - I've been to hotel cons that were ruined by a few squealing lunatics behaving like the worst kind of fangrills, this was a very chilled and relaxed atmosphere. Roll on March!! :thumbup:

Huge thanks to everyone involved in this - I know a lot of you put in far more hours than you're paid for but it really shows in how well organised the weekend was. The guests were amazing and everything just seemed to work really well, much better than I'd actually expected to be honest.

I loved how you had very little going on at the same time as the talks because at other cons I've found that I've had to miss out on autographs or talks because the sessions clashed.

Two little bits of constructive criticism:

1) next time can we please have the party themes finalised a bit earlier, especially if there's going to be more than one theme night, as it can be a bit difficult to put two or three costumes together at fairly short notice.

2) please, please, please can we have some kind of installment payment option for the tickets or perhaps even a way of booking the ticket and deferring payment for a month or two. I know it's more work for someone (Jola :thumbup: ) but it would mean that more of us have a chance of getting the gold or silver tickets - they're quite a bit of money to fork out in one go and if you save up to buy them they're often sold out before you've got the money together.

Other than those tiny points I say it was simply fantastic and I can't wait for March! :thumbup:

Edited by vamperstein

Huge thank you to everyone involved in this event, I had a fantastic weekend.

Also an extra thank you to Too Tall and another crew member (I'm sorry I didn't catch your name as I was a little preoccupied at the time) who helped my friend and I out right before the talks on Sunday. You made it possible for us to be there and enjoy the talks despite the difficulties she was facing and we were both very very grateful for how quickly you acted without any questions or hesitation. Thank you both so much.

I would like to echo all that has been said already......totally amazing weekend and the dinner that i won at the auction has given me plenty of unhealthy memories to last me forever (thanks Gareth) but i shall say no more on that.

I would like to add though that i have developed a thing for weevils thanks to the weevil cast...Paul, Andy and Richard....OH MY GOD YOU GUYS ROCKED!!!!!! love ya loads and a huge thanks for posing with me for a weevil pics fest right before you had to leave....PLEASE COME BACK FOR THE HUB 2!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks so much Showmasters. You guys work so hard, and it really paid off at The Hub. I'm very impressed with the speed the photos were returned on Sunday - especially as I had to leave early. I love the plastic convention badges (compared to the cardboard ones at Eclipse) and I think you guys (including crew) did a marvellous job of organising everything.

I really hope I can find the money to come to The Hub2 (bit skint now!!)

3 cheers to Showmasters/Massive Events :D