is this midlands better than last one?

justinh

we are all waitn for the big guest to be annouced:(

im guessing as already mentioned in other posts that richard dreyfuss is 'THE BIG GUEST'. i cant see any1 been added now 2b honest. well no1 massive anyway, but who knows! never say never i guess.

Not too impressed if Richard Dreyfuss is the big guest to this show. He's a massive guest, I don't mean that. But he was postponed from another event and added to the guestlist here instead. I was expecting a first time, huge name. I hope it still happens. There is some time left...

we are all waitn for the big guest to be annouced:(

im guessing as already mentioned in other posts that richard dreyfuss is 'THE BIG GUEST'. i cant see any1 been added now 2b honest. well no1 massive anyway, but who knows! never say never i guess.

Not too impressed if Richard Dreyfuss is the big guest to this show. He's a massive guest, I don't mean that. But he was postponed from another event and added to the guestlist here instead. I was expecting a first time, huge name. I hope it still happens. There is some time left...

well yeah he is a big guest, but yeah i see what u mean, also, IF the worst should happen and he does not attend, there isnt really any other big name attending who would be 2nd inline as the headlining guest, so to speak. i mean dirk and dwight are big guests to me, but wont be for other ppl, but this is only bcos im an ateam fan, and ive never met them b4.

to be perfectly honest this is the worst line up i ever seen for a sm convention,but that only means its the worst 1 for me,im sure there r many people sayin the opposite to me,im just very dissapointed at this stage:(

Me too!! Theres usually one guest that would at least half tempt me to go, but not here. And I seriously doubt if anyone of considerable weight is going to be added.

Ah well, we are in recession!!!

I like the line up -

Hammer Horror stars,classic Doctor Who folk and a bunch of people who worked with George Lucas a long time ago before that fateful day when he decided to put the words Jar and Jar together and decide that Anakin Skywalker was going to be a whiny ****.

Whilst its not an amazing line up of new and unique guests it IS the first show in memory that is lite on recent fantasy tv show stars.

No Heroes,Buffy,Stargate,minor Nu Who guests or post 89 non classic series Star Trek folk.

Which for some makes a very VERY refreshing change.

Edited by vintageSW77

so are we taking bets on dreyfuss cancelling then?if he does this midlands show will die im afraid?what do u guys think?

I think you have a very negative attitude and should stop worrying about things that may not happen. Life's way too short!

If Dreyfuss did cancel, sure there'd be some people who wouldn't bother going but that wouldn't mean the death of the Midlands show.

I went to the last show at Milton Keynes where there was a distinct lack of "big name" guests and quite a few cancellations. But it was one of the most enjoyable I have ever been to because it was a really nice relaxed atmosphere. Also, because it wasn't quite as busy as it has been at previous events, the guests had more time to chat and the ones I saw were all lovely and friendly.

Personally, I'm more than happy with the Midlands line-up and will definitely be going. :P

Edited by dwarfbabe

Frankly this isn't a patch on the last one at all, there is only one guest I want to meet but I'm starting to get worried I thought MK was lacklustre and this one seems to be going the same way, no guest days announced.

I was holding off buying a photo ticket for Paul McGann as I was hoping SM would announce as to what day he will be having his photo shoot, but still there isn't a day.

There seems to be a growing trend if MK and now CM Midlands is anything to go by, if we can't get a decent guest SM feel the need to "pad" the event out with Star Wars guests who stood in a background shot while something important happened, I'm sure everyone will have there money ready for that. -SIGH-

Guest score out of 10.

a 2.

Edited by The FN Show

• Moderators

MK was it how it was for reasons that have already been explained. I think it's a little unfair to throw that in there - they did the best they could considering the circumstances, and the next show will be a far better one to judge by.

As for the SW guests, there's always collectors out there looking for first time signers. They might not have mass appeal but get a few of them together and people will likely travel.

• Showmasters Admin

is this midlands better than last one?

err No it is not

i think every one can see that but its what we have and it will still be a good event and if you collect then there will be lots of stalls and if you are into sports then this event will be great

its not this years London but this is only the 2ed event here and LFCC took 5 events to get right we will keep growing this event

and i think this tread is now dead and i am going to close this now as we have exhausted this subject now i think

for the fans going we will see you there

jason :headscratch: