Cosplay , who's going in costume

Cocomando

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i have been toying with the idea of entering the cosplay

don't want to say as what because its a really good idea and i don't want someone else to copy it

i may require some help with this, just to get me onto the stage

and yeah i think you can use the changing rooms, but there are also toilets

I think i will just be in one of my Stargate costumes (Flightsuit maybe)

I would think it would be ok to change even if you dont enter the contest.

i will hope fully be there all 3 days in my Mandalorian as my Predator ain't ready ( way off) so if you need help i'll lend a hand , i know the 501st guys used the changing room and didn't enter the contest but there booked by the event staff to be there ( you give there nominated charity a donation for an apperance )

• 2 weeks later...

Folks, when is the online entry going to be open? I swear it was before this last time.

Also, who's judging and can you use the same costume both days? :-)

The last time I spoke to Jackie she wasnt able to make this event so she was trying to arrange for someone else to do the competition.

If its online like at MK then there wont be a online entry cause you have to be there to enter.

You can use the same costume both days unless you win the competition. You never really know who is judging until the day, sometimes its one of the guests. Shane Rangi did it at the last Glasgow.

• 3 weeks later...

THere were people last time using the changing rooms that weren't in the competition.

Quite right, both the guys from the Aliens Legacy and UK Garrison were in the changing rooms but didn't participate in the cosplay contest.

As far as I'm aware, the UK Garrison hasn't been invited back. If I'm wrong however, it's not filtered through to any of us guys yet. :/

THere were people last time using the changing rooms that weren't in the competition.

Quite right, both the guys from the Aliens Legacy and UK Garrison were in the changing rooms but didn't participate in the cosplay contest.

As far as I'm aware, the UK Garrison hasn't been invited back. If I'm wrong however, it's not filtered through to any of us guys yet. :/

Oi! Showmasters!

Invite the Garrison please!

CM wouldn't be anywhere near as much fun without Marine Vs Stormtrooper banter :thumbup:

The last time I spoke to Jackie she wasnt able to make this event so she was trying to arrange for someone else to do the competition.

She did :)

I am glad you will be there to arrange things. sarah loves dressing up any way but she loves it even more when she gets to go on stage and perform. Best get working on those costumes then i suppose.

Oi! Showmasters!

Invite the Garrison please!

CM wouldn't be anywhere near as much fun without Marine Vs Stormtrooper banter :D

you got to book these guys , with a donation to there charity . if they were going to be going i would have thought it would have appeared on theire web site , but there is another event in Monaco the weekend of the con , but hay you never know , some of them may turn up just to go to the con , it has been known .

on a personal note i was hoping to bump into Ian ( the Tie Pilot from August ) to se if he had any info for a Tie helmet as along with my big build for next year ( predator ) i putting together a Tie pilot for 501st membership

Edited by Cocomando

on a personal note i was hoping to bump into Ian ( the Tie Pilot from August ) to se if he had any info for a Tie helmet as along with my big build for next year ( predator ) i putting together a Tie pilot for 501st membership

As a member of the UKG, I know for a fact that there's no signup available for this event. Which either means we've not been approached, or it's still in discussion. I'd tend to lean towards the former however :stretcher:

If you want to sling me a pm with your email address/mobile, I'll pass that onto Ian for you. He'd only be too happy to lend a hand with your pilot assembly.

• Showmasters Admin

we have had a crazy year here but i want to just say there is a standing offer for the UKG to attend all of our events . we may not get around to contacting them but you guys are welcome

the same go's for other costume groups

jason

I want to dress up as Russell Brand on the Sunday for a laugh but my boyfriend says that I can't go if I do xD.

I'm a girl, obviously, but I thought it'd be funny.

On Friday I'll be Legend Lara.

Saturday I'll be Classic Lara.

Sunday I want to be Russell Brand haha!

Hi Victoria

bryan here i will be going on saturday the 6th hope to see you there and mayby get my photo took with you again as classic lara iam really looking forward to it as i eally enjoyed the summer convention iam looking forward to getting dirk benedict,amber bensons and sylvester mcoys autographs:D

Edited by carnosoul

As a member of the UKG, I know for a fact that there's no signup available for this event. Which either means we've not been approached, or it's still in discussion. I'd tend to lean towards the former however :unsure:

If you want to sling me a pm with your email address/mobile, I'll pass that onto Ian for you. He'd only be too happy to lend a hand with your pilot assembly.

thanks that would help out a bit , but i don't think you can send pm's on this board . but i shall try and get some info to you

I'll be back, but only on the Saturday and Sunday (training at work at that means no Friday off :YAHOO:)

I'm practically skint after my cosplay experience at October's London anime shindig, but I'm actually thinking of cosplaying as Kyle from South Park for a laugh XD

I wanted a mate to come as Stan, but he went ".........no danger..."

Can't wait to see you all there :YAHOO:

Edited by Singloom

God dam it . Awsome .

looks like i'm only getting to it on the Saturday and Sunday also , i just noticed that you're from Grangemouth , just 3 minutes from me in Falkirk . Training on Friday , that sucks . I couldn't get the day off as someone in my team already has it booked off , don't see why thats an issue cause we don't get that many calls . Are getting that few that i'm working on a giant advent callendar for the call hall .

hope to see you there, will look out for you , that costume should be SWEEEEET