Viggo Mortensen

a simpson

OK above, should have put bthis in the same page, but lost the plot, very tired.

Well, what can I say, absolutely fantastic trip.

Viggo was opening his photo exhibition in Roskilde, Denmark on Saturday and was scheduled to turn up at 12: 30hrs at the exhibition and 13:30 for the signing of his photo albums and/or official merchandise.

I took a few pictures with me to get signed will scan in after this post.

About 500 people turned up from just about every known corner of Europe, the signing took place in the gymnasium some 200 yards away, I was about the 50th person so not too bad I thought. Viggo WALKED from the exhibition to the gym with no minders, bodyguards or anybody, unbelievable allowed people to take pictures, I think the older lady was his aunt I am not to sure, could have been his Mum??

Hence the reason for some of the street shots, I bolted from the queue when I saw him and started snapping.

When I got to go to him, I said:

"Hello Viggo how are you"

VM: I'm fine thankyou, sorry for you having to wait in the rain and for so long (it really rained!!), England, eh, from the North....

Me: Yeah, Preston, just north of Manchester (trying to remember a city near where I live was very distracting)

VM: Thought so

VM: Fisrt time to Denmark and Copenhagen

Me: Yeah, absolutely, and I love it (beautiful country)

VM: You shoud come again, are you going back tonight, if not go to Copenhagen and visit this museum you won't be disappointed, he then writes the name of the museums on the reverse side of his poster and handed it to me. This poster was £2 to buy!!

Me: At this point I have completely gone!!

VM: Have some chocolate, please, they were on the side and he was offering a piece to everybody, fantastic.

He signed three pictures as well as his book, and all for free.

People were getting several things signed, he was signing EVERYTHING and chatting to people, looking them in the eye at all times as though you were literally the only person in the room for that minute.

Final thoughts: it cost me an arm and a leg, but I still shake my head in complete disbelief on what was a fantastic and humble experience.

If you ever get chance to go to one of Viggo's book signings please do.

NB I didn't ask him any questions, he lead the conversation and once I had got my four items signed I was a complete wreck, so sorry everyone, but I hope this gives you a flavouir of the man.#

Will scan the autos in later!

Great report. If you ever hear of another one of these events then would appreciate the heads up. :D

This weekend went up to Leeds Armoury to hear a talk by Matt Appleton (Elf next to Gandalf at the Council of Elrond) and Emily Sturrock from Weta. Originally it was meant to led Richard Taylor but due to a BIG meeting about a certain film he could not come over. If anybody is Leeds way go to the Armoury as the LOTR exhibit is free and well worth a look.

Edited by Noddy

Wow! It sounds like you had an amazng experience, i would have so loved to meet Viggo and he sounds lovely as well :whistling:

And re-iterating what Noddy says if you hear about any future events especially if they are in England (student in college can't afford it..yet lol) i would really appreciate it :gorgeous:

• 8 months later...

Another report will be sent at Christmas as I am going to see Viggo in Madrid "Purgatorio" opens Dec 3rd for 2 months at Teatro Espanol :(

Anyone going to Germany Oct? Bruce, Craig and Thomas all there, God I hope they stay in Europe for Collectormania London

Another report will be sent at Christmas as I am going to see Viggo in Madrid "Purgatorio" opens Dec 3rd for 2 months at Teatro Espanol :thumbup:

Anyone going to Germany Oct? Bruce, Craig and Thomas all there, God I hope they stay in Europe for Collectormania London

I think it would be quite funny sitting in a theatre watching a play and having no idea what was going on!

I was looking at the site event only a couple of days ago but not enough to tempt me to go. However, Bruce and Thomas would be very welcome guests back in the UK.

Edited by Noddy

I know, it will be mental, but who cares, right :P

Debating whether to go myself, it's Bruce, I have only met the geezer once and need a few more autographs from him, but I am not sure SM are taking LOTR peeps seriously this year and probably next year :YAHOO: . It is going to be 2011 before we see them all again :D .

It's a shame as I think they would all be still very popular.

Anyhow Viggo autograph on a few more photo's will be well worth the trip, I can just hear it now

"Enjoy the play"

Erm......yeah but I didn't have a scooby doo what the hell you where saying Viggo" :P

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...