Next cancellation: Dreyfuss?

God L'Eponge

Now i know i will surely get jumped on starting this very thread but in a pure information goal just want to let you know that Richard Dreyfuss just cancelled his appearance at a con in the States that was being held the weekend just before Midlands one... ;)

So anyone to have a bet on that one? ;)

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have heard the same thing.

OK, so it wouldnt be great if he cancels, but the way I look at it is that if he does, I dont have to get up early on the Saturday and I save some money in not travelling to Coventry!

• Moderators

Because then you get people complaining that guests are being announced too late, and they can't book travel etc to come.

The only way to pretty much guarantee attendance is to announce them the day before an event when they're actually in the country!

There's a risk whichever way they do things I feel.

How about booking those guests (who have a history of cancelling) closer to the event?

Cos someone else (another event) might snap them up first before SM get their hands on them. You think??? ^_^

Edited by nicky

How about booking those guests (who have a history of cancelling) closer to the event?

Cos someone else (another event) might snap them up first before SM get their hands on them. You think???^_^

Exactly right - you wait until 3 weeks before your event and you can bet that, aside from Dave Prowse and Kenny Baker, you're not going to have a lot of guests.

As for Dreyfuss, don't assume he has cancelled until SM announce it.

Cos someone else (another event) might snap them up first before SM get their hands on them. You think??? :headscratch:

Well even annoucing someone doesn't stop another organiser getting them first; at least when it's to Showmasters advantage :headscratch:

if he did cancel i think i would give it a miss to. shame but just not enough stars, i go on holiday tomorrow and get back on the 28th hopefully by then there will be a few announcements of new guests and none cancelling. is that it on the sports front too ?

• Moderators

If there's not a cancellation topic, he hasn't cancelled.

They don't cancel anyone until it's clear that there's no way to work around it, if indeed there is a problem at all.

This refers to another event, not Midlands. Therefore no update = no cancellation at this point in time.

Can we have an update on this situation please?.

Given this rumour broke early last week. It would be a little unfair to continue selling tickets whilst knowing he isn’t actually being there.

This isnt a rumour though? Someone said Dreyfuss cancelled another event recently...that has zero bearing on this event. Someone then guessed he might cancel this one. Thats is not a rumour. It is perfectly possible for him to be busy that other event's wkend but not CM Midlands' one.

Edited by nicky

• Moderators

So you can 100% confirm, that there is no talk behind the scenes of him cancelling?.

Of course I can't. I have nothing to do with that side of things.

However you're scaremongering based on another event. Your wording comes across as if you know he's cancelling:

It would be a little unfair to continue selling tickets whilst knowing he isn’t actually being there.

Nothing has been said regarding Midlands and Dreyfuss cancelling, other than a few people putting 2 and 2 together and come up with 5.

Yes, the other event is close time-wise to Midlands, but it doesn't automatically mean he's cancelling this one.

Until you know for sure that he's cancelling this event, and SMs are still selling tickets, you can't really call the situation 'a little unfair', as there is no substance to anything that's being said.

If he cancels, we'll be told. Until then, it's not happening.

so much for not being allowed to discuss other events on this forum.

All moderators who have deleting powers for this section (with the exception of myself) are at The Hub.

I do have a killer migraine at the moment and unfortunately am a little slow at checking the forum today because of this.

The topic has been cleaned up now.

If anyone sees posts that shouldn't be there, this is what the "report post" function is there for. :D In cases like this it brings things to the moderator's attention much quicker.

As Barni has said, please don't discuss other events on here. The "if you can find it on Google it's too much info" standard that Too Tall has referenced does apply here as well.

Thanks for understanding.

Surely the best way to stop people talking about the other event is to confirm if he’s coming or not.

Surely as no cancellation has been announced then at the moment he has not cancelled. Showmasters will announce it as soon as they get notification of cancellations.

That is, of course, unless people expect every single guest to be reconfirmed by Showmasters every single day since their announcement.

Surely as no cancellation has been announced then at the moment he has not cancelled. Showmasters will announce it as soon as they get notification of cancellations.

That is, of course, unless people expect every single guest to be reconfirmed by Showmasters every single day since their announcement.

David has posted something similar already, and this is pretty much what is happening.

Some might remember a similar situation in the Autographica forum when a rumour about guests came up. If something happens (positive: announcement - negative: cancellation), it will be announced here.

Neither Showmasters nor Dave will come on here and react to every single rumour. If they'd do that, they'd hardly have time to actually get guests. :D