Sir Roger Moore

mr_oo7

I know Sir Roger is in this neck of the woods the week before. It would be absolutely great is you could get him in for the event.......... I'd be willing to pay upto £75 per auto for him............. well ??????

(PS - at approx £50 per 2mins (i'm assumin that this covers auto/conv/photo etc) = which comes to £1500 per hour, or for 8 hours - £12k - all to UNICEF and if he does the Sat and Sun - its £24k - c'mon - thats got to be worth considering - esp as he's in the 'area' !!!)

I'd sell my soul to you if you could arrange this..........

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

met Sir Roger at a book signing in Oxford today.

was a very nice guy.

told him i will be seeing him on stage tomorrow night & he asked me a few questions about the venue as it is near to where i live.

biggest bonus tho' - posed photos.

;)

From the blurb in his Waterstones signings... it's The Book Only, nothing else. Heck, it seems he's only signed on for an hour at a time... I know he's in Norwich the Wed before Autographica (22nd). Before that its Waterstones Piccadilly, and Bluewater.

After that interview on Wossy, it could be quite a hot item tomorrow...

Good stuff!

Did he sign any quick photos at all and was he dedicating his book?

I'm seeing him next Thursday at The National Theatre.

only signed his book, no Collectables, but i know there were some people that were going to try their luck & see if he would sign anything else. dont know if they were successfull tho'.

he was doing dedications.

Well seeing as it seems Roger ain't coming to Autographica, and these signings aren't other shows, as such, put on by competitor organisations, plus Dave or Too Tall haven't chirped up..

Seeing as I bought my ticket and dinner ticket this past week, it's hardly likely that I won't show up!

Well seeing as it seems Roger ain't coming to Autographica, and these signings aren't other shows, as such, put on by competitor organisations, plus Dave or Too Tall haven't chirped up..

Seeing as I bought my ticket and dinner ticket this past week, it's hardly likely that I won't show up!

ok - i'm totally confused now !!!

• Moderators

We are awaiting the specifics regarding book signings, premieres and the like, so until they have been totally ruled out, nothing will be done about them at the moment.

These things may need to be dealt with retrospectively.

i thought it was against the rules to state were other events are being held.

I don't think appearing at a public book signing event is the same as appearing at a 'competitors' convention...

It's something that, quite unrelatedly, I asked for clarification upon a few days ago; it seems a decision is still pending.

met Sir Roger at a book signing in Oxford today.

was a very nice guy.

told him i will be seeing him on stage tomorrow night & he asked me a few questions about the venue as it is near to where i live.

biggest bonus tho' - posed photos.

:wub:

Posed photos? Wow. I'm meeting him, please God, on Friday in a Waterstones signing; not sure if they'll do photos there as well. Was there a limit on how many copies you could get signed? I'm hoping to get some Christmas presents out of this.

Saw him at Cheltenham Festival. Can't believe how quiet it was there. There were only 12 people in the queue up to 20 mins before he arrived! Although they stated no dedications and other signings, people cheeky enough got them. I only brought the book otherwise I know I would of got a signed Bond picture. The 2 people behind me did! Anyway got 2 autographs and a posed photo (as I was cheeky enough to ask for that).

• Showmasters Admin

i thought it was against the rules to state were other events are being held.

I don't think appearing at a public book signing event is the same as appearing at a 'competitors' convention...

It's something that, quite unrelatedly, I asked for clarification upon a few days ago; it seems a decision is still pending.

It was more a case of I have a life outside of SM and this forum and was away for the weekend B)

I have now clarified in the other thread that book signings are (in principle) OK. What I mean by that is if a book signing was arranged by another signing event or convention organiser we may look at it differently. But for a purely publisher lead book signing like this one, it's fine.

Saw him at Cheltenham Festival. Can't believe how quiet it was there. There were only 12 people in the queue up to 20 mins before he arrived! Although they stated no dedications and other signings, people cheeky enough got them. I only brought the book otherwise I know I would of got a signed Bond picture. The 2 people behind me did! Anyway got 2 autographs and a posed photo (as I was cheeky enough to ask for that).

i saw him at the Cheltenham Festival saturday night,

enjoyed his talk, quite amusing & some sad tales about the demise of David Niven.

& for those that wanted to see the pics from the Oxford signing.

(havent done this before, so dont know how it will turn out)

http://s363.photobucket.com/albums/oo74/sp...erMoore01-1.jpg

http://s363.photobucket.com/albums/oo74/sp...ogerMoore02.jpg

Edited by spgyid