Slight excitement, slight disappointment

defluocor

Whilst I am impressed by Joanna Lumley et al. I am sadly disappointed in the lack of military guests with only 3 weeks to go. It seems bond fans have been completely overcompensated (15 guests?) whilst people like me (WW2 and sci-fi fan) have been under compensated. Here endeth the grumble.

• Showmasters Admin

As I'm sure you can understand so many more invites go out than guests ever come to a show. If you want 35 guests at a show, you don't send out 35 invites and expect to get 35 yes's. Lots of invites are sent and it's just so far the "yes's" have mainly been bond guests.

There not being as many military guests is honestly not for a lack of trying. I can assure you they are working on more.

Posted Today 11:46am

"Gossip Gossip Gossip.

You lot are like a load of old women talking over the washing line.

I am not going to deny that rumour or confim it.

But let,s just say Diamond passes are selling well for next year's event already.

Now can i please sort out this years show !!!!!"

Can I say this is not exactly the best way to respond to paying customers.

It seems hinting that diamond passes may be selling out for next year already, due to guests that people are asking about, results in exactly what you yourself are complaining about. This is exactly how rumours start.

I know having an opinion is sometimes frowned upon here, but I had to complain.

Rant over, I heard Sean Connery has signed up to appear in 2010? :thumbup: I thought I'd help you shift some Diamond passes for the year after next :P

Posted Today 11:46am

"Gossip Gossip Gossip.

You lot are like a load of old women talking over the washing line.

But let,s just say Diamond passes are selling well for next year's event already.

Can I say this is not exactly the best way to respond to paying customers.

It seems hinting that diamond passes may be selling out for next year already, due to guests that people are asking about, results in exactly what you yourself are complaining about. This is exactly how rumours start.

I know having an opinion is sometimes frowned upon here, but I had to complain.

Rant over, I heard Sean Connery has signed up to appear in 2010? :thumbup: I thought I'd help you shift some Diamond passes for the year after next :P

Your post won't make much sense to anyone. I understand it because I saw the topic you are referring to before it was locked, but you are posting your comment in a diffferent thread with a different subject and you haven't made any reference to the fact that you are quoting someone from another topic which was closed and you haven't quoted the comment properly. You've made it look like it's you who's saying...

"Gossip Gossip Gossip.You lot are like a load of old women talking over the washing line.

However, with the risk of getting moaned at for even discussing this after the the topic was closed, I agree with what you are saying ...and about the stick some people have to take on this forum just for having a differing or opposing opinion from the regulars.

I cannot figure out why threads are so often locked. Some justify being locked ie if it's a duplicate complaint or whatever, but other topics I've seen getting closed (like the one you're referring to here) don't justify the action. There was no need to lock that other thread just because someone with over 4000 posts came along and suggested it be closed. The thread was closed immediately along with the comment 'as you wish'. It's just leaving people hanging on and no answer was given by showmasters other than a hint that the rumour might be true.

Personally I couldn't care less if Ernest Borgnine or Jane Russell are going to be guests in the future or not. I'm more interested in the Glasgow event that is happening this side of the year.

Confused? You will be!

Edited by Barni

As I'm sure you can understand so many more invites go out than guests ever come to a show. If you want 35 guests at a show, you don't send out 35 invites and expect to get 35 yes's. Lots of invites are sent and it's just so far the "yes's" have mainly been bond guests.

There not being as many military guests is honestly not for a lack of trying. I can assure you they are working on more.

There seems to be a lot of ‘non-bond girl’ guests saying yes to other worldwide shows though?.

Could none of them make it? :thumbup:

Edited by James The Horse

There was no need to lock that other thread just because someone with over 4000 posts came along and suggested it be closed. The thread was closed immediately along with the comment 'as you wish'. It's just leaving people hanging on and no answer was given by showmasters other than a hint that the rumour might be true.

The person who made the suggestion to close the issue is a fellow moderator who can not lock posts in this section.

I agreed with him, that's why it was closed.

It was closed when it was closed because I happened to be around at that time. I'm currently looking into all topics very closely because we got hit by spam bots posting into existing topics lately.

My reaction had nothing to do with DisneyDude having 4000 posts.

I do apologize for trying to be funny with my comment. It was not my intention to create misunderstandings.

Dave has pretty much confirmed that the question asked was just a rumour. This is as close to an answer as you will get. When a guest is confirmed, he/she will be announced. The only time Showmasters have ever said that a guest was not coming (back in the case in question) was the Burt Reynolds story.

Regarding Autographica announcements posts from Dave are just as good as if they come from Showmasters.

If a topic is locked it will automatically go down on a page because nobody can reply anymore. People will keep replying if a topic like that is open, as you saw. If other people see posts like that they get all excited and when it turns out that the rumour was indeed just a rumour they get all disappointed. That's what I was trying to avoid.

Edited by Queen_Sindel

The person who made the suggestion to close the issue is a fellow moderator who can not lock posts in this section.

I agreed with him, that's why it was closed.

I'm more concerned that I wasn't able to respond to being called ducky :YAHOO:

Queen I'm not getting at you personally but what is the difference between the thread that was locked and this one which is 3 pages long? - 2 SURPRISE GUESTS - LET'S SPECULATE

From what I see both threads are of similar context and I'm just curious as to why the thread 'asking' (not even speculating) if Ernest Borgnine and Jane Russell were attending a future event or not was locked and the aforementioned one was not.

• Moderators

The 2 surprise guests situation is actually 100% confirmed though, as it was in an email from Showmasters regarding The Hub - therefore they're speculating on something that is public knowledge.

Personally I don't see that as a similar context.

First of all it's okay to ask such questions barni. I know we had quite some fighting here lately, but there's no need to put a disclaimer (or however you could call it) in a perfectly valid post. ;)

And you can call me QS if you want, nearly everyone does.

I agree with David here, I don't think it's similiar either. Showmasters have confirmed there will be two surprise guests, and people are just guessing around in the Eclipse topic who those confirmed surprise guests will be.

The Autographica topic was just the other way around, it was based on speculation and people asked for confirmation.

Dave has done similar guessing games "hey, we got a guest, want to take a guess? Gold Pass for the person who guesses the name right" before himself.

Edited by Queen_Sindel

Queen I'm not getting at you personally but what is the difference between the thread that was locked and this one which is 3 pages long? - 2 SURPRISE GUESTS - LET'S SPECULATE

From what I see both threads are of similar context and I'm just curious as to why the thread 'asking' (not even speculating) if Ernest Borgnine and Jane Russell were attending a future event or not was locked and the aforementioned one was not.

The threads are completely different, the autographica one was based on rumour and hearsay, while the HUB surprise guests was announced in the email , so people are now trying to guess who the 2 surprise guests may be.

To me, the speculate thread is more just a bit of fun amongst the posters, to see if they can guess/predict correctly who the 2 guests may be.

Must agree with this post, while I appreciate you need variety at shows, personally I was hoping for more military veterans which I was told there would be after the last show. If anyone has the details of a previously mentioned WW2 veterans gallery signing please either put below or get in touch.

That said, hope the show goes well but I doubt I`ll be there this time.