Dave Phillips

• Moderators

joanna4.jpg

joanna2.jpg

joanna1.jpg

joanna3.jpg

Lumley.jpg

lumley_joanna2.jpg

We are pleased not to mention thrilled to have Joanna Lumley OBE Join us on Sunday at Autographica.

Joanna has had an amazing careerincluding the following famous roles.

Bond Girl in On her majesties secret service

26 episodes of New Avengers as Purdey

102 episodes in Coronation street

37 episodes as Patsy in Absolutely fabulous

and 34 episodes as Sapphire in Sapphire and Steel

Joanna will be with us sunday only and will be doing a photo shoot so as she is likely to be one of our most popular ever guests i strongly urge you to go for the gold pass and get in early. Joanna is likely to have a long queue. Photo shoots will be available shortly on the website.

Hope this guest announcement has made your evening it certainly made mine.

I met Miss Lumley about 3 years ago at a Signing at the Vintage Magazine Store in London , all i can say is that she is one of the nicest people you could ever hope to meet , she had time for everybody and was so friendly and chatty posing for pics and bantering constantly , i got her to sin a Satanic Rites of Dracula still with her and Christopher Lee and she chatted with me for about 5 mins about her memories of the film, Peter Cushing etc, had time for everybody.

Well Done Dave , you have surpassed youself with this Guest -she is the Best

Wow, another amazing guest!

I went to that event too Milloman69, and she was everything you said and more, a really lovely lady.

............ a huge Sapphire & Steel fan

Love her work across the board really, but have to say do have a soft spot for some classic S & S :chair:

Another connection with Are You Being Served - she appeared in a couple of episodes, and was married for six months to the series co-writer/co-creator Jeremy Lloyd.

(How about getting Jeremy Lloyd and David Croft along...?)

One should not introduce politics into a forum such as this.

However, Joanna's wonderful efforts in helping retired Gurkha soldiers to win the right to stay in this country certainly makes me want to meet her and support her.

Thank you, Dave, for giving me that opportunity.

I've just remembered i will be seeing her this coming Sunday at the Story Of Ian Fleming at the Palladium which she is presenting with Stephen Fry - will get her to sign the programme from the Event, again Dave thanks for securing this wonderful lady , am really looking froward to meeting her again.

One should not introduce politics into a forum such as this.

However, Joanna's wonderful efforts in helping retired Gurkha soldiers to win the right to stay in this country

That's not politics, that's basic human decency. And a great credit to her for standing up and being counted.