Who met the ALIEN GUESTS? And what did you chat about?

nicky

Danny Webb was great. Very pleasant and accomodating. Told me about working with David Fincher and Sigourney Weaver and how the script of ALien 3 kept changing. What I found fascinating was him telling me at one point in the script Paul McGann was meant to live right up till the end killing people with the Alien. He also talked about how he and McGann first found out that so much footage was to be cut from the film.

Rico Ross recoginsed me from LFCC way back in 2004 to my surprise even to the extent of remembering what we talked about. He says he might be at CM Glasgow and would be up for getting some of the others together for an Alien 30th anniversay reunion next year. He said Bill Paxton is a pretty hard guests to get as he's been busy with his new TV show.

We also talked about James Cameron being a fan himself of sf movies and that I thought he'd never attend a con cos he isnt fan-friendly, Rico said it might be that he just doesnt like the media. I said Cameron may not like his fans but really he's just a fan like the rest of us - a fanboy but in denial about it!

Jeanette Goldstein recognised me immediately, again to my surprise from 4 yrs back and having met her 3 times before. I mentioned how I was missing just 2 marines from my Aliens poster and she talked about Bill Paxton too and Cynthia Scott (Dietrich) who she thinks lives in England so should be gettable. Also talked about Avatar and that she auditioned but the role (The Queen) went to Sigourney Weaver instead.

She hasnt heard of Cameron's Battle Angel and has no problems about a Near Dark remake - she in fact welcomes it cos it'll get people interested in the original film again....if it doesnt suck! She doesnt do so many cons these days but did previously though she does hope to do the Another Event in the US at some stage. She recently met Carrie Henn again for the first time since Aliens at a special suped-up digital screening of the film and she was shocked.

Edited by nicky

I met Janette, but for T2

Lovely lovely woman who was very fan friendly and took the time to talk.

I was speaking to her and saying that T2 was my all time favourite film and that she was the first guest I had met from the film

We spoke a little about her new film where she is working with Robert Patrick, called 'Autopsy'.

Got her as my first sig on my original T2 US one sheet

I didn't meet the Alien guests as such, but did try to avoid the people in the Alien costumes at all cost lol.

Strange what the mind does isn't it ? I'm not entirely sure why I even thought Aliens would be in a Milton Keynes shopping centre eating people heh!

I'm not entirely sure why I even thought Aliens would be in a Milton Keynes shopping centre eating people heh!

I thought the alien with the moving tongue-mechanism was great and a re-freshing addition to the costumes. I saw so many kids this time crying though, they'll be traumatised for days!! I'd love to try on one of the suits sometime and throw a few alien-like few poses for the cams. :wub:

One funny thing I saw was the whole UKCM plus the 2 aliens and the Predator all getting their pic taken together in one big group with Rico and Jeanette on Saturday afternoon - the Predator ( a creature that's meant to be over 7ft tall) was at the back of the group on tip-toes trying to get in the shot. :poki:

Edited by nicky

Thats cause Percy the Pred is a short spam!! Its one of his old costumes. Percy 2 will hopefully be making an appearance at one of the next cons. I love the Aliens costumes too but yet again they terrify me too. I avoid them at all costs.

Jeanette and Ricco were so kewl was telling them how I planned to do a USCM at some point too with the other guys who do it. Was asking Ricco about what "Heath" on his armor meant and he said it was his girlfriend at the times name. Well actually it was Heather but he did the heart first and then he couldn't fit the whole name in so it ended up being left as Heath

Was asking Ricco about what "Heath" on his armor meant and he said it was his girlfriend at the times name. Well actually it was Heather but he did the heart first and then he couldn't fit the whole name in so it ended up being left as Heath

Ah, thanks for that - I never knew. I just thought it was meant to say "health" but spelt wrong. I know Hudson's armor has his gf's name on as well so thought no one else would do it too.

Edited by nicky

I met Danny Webb. We talked about me being a massive fan of his, whether I did any acting myself, show business in general and how my mum didn't know who he was until I pointed him out in Casualty. Then I met him again later with a friend and he said he'd see me out there in the business.

I still have the biggest crush on him ever :D

I asked Ricco Ross about the stuff he put on his costume and he explained the 'heath' thing to me lol

Jeanette asked what costume I was wearing (b.p.r.d from hellboy 2) and said she hadnt seen it yet, but liked the first one. Also spoke about how heavy the smart-gun was, even with the steady-cam set up.

Told Danny Webb about the lack of pictures of him in Alien 3 around the con and he said he would of brought some if he had known there would only be Dr who pics. Also said his 'F*@K' line in the mess hall in Alien 3 was my fav moment and he said seeing the film with an audience always got a good reaction at that point.

All great people, and Turkfox came with me to meet Danny after her own meet and I was witness to some swooning :D

Also said his 'F*@K' line in the mess hall in Alien 3 was my fav moment and he said seeing the film with an audience always got a good reaction at that point.

Yeah, I remember chuckling to that a bit back on opening wkend 1992! I told him my favourite scene is when he and Paul McGann are talking about letting him loose and then Paul hits him over the head with the fire-extinguisher.

Also commented on how great his "No f****ing ice-cream. No rubbers, no guns no women..." speech was in the film and if he improved that himself but he said he couldnt take credit for it though "I hate bugs!" was all his.

The first guest I met out of the Alien franchise at Collectormania 14 was Jenette Goldstein. :D

ciaranjenettegoldsteincgk6.jpg

The first item that I asked her to sign was my Aliens masterprint.

aliensautosnf0.jpg

She then signed a photo for me. I asked her if she would put one of her famous quotes on it, "Whatever you're gonna do, do it fast!". She did this, and I asked her if she remembered saying that line. She did remember, and told me how terrified she was when she had to say it!

goldsteinautogi3.jpg

The next guest I met was Ricco Ross.

ciaranriccorosscropped4ii4.jpg

Ricco was extremely nice, and a real character. :P

As with Jenette, the first item he signed was my masterprint.

He then signed a photo on which he put his famous "Harsh language?" quote.

rossautodb6.jpg

Meeting Jenette and Ricco left me feeling very happy. :wub:

Finally, I met Danny Webb, who couldn't have been more friendly, and easy to talk to. :D

ciarandannywebbcropped4ve0.jpg

The first item I had for him to sign was my Alien³ masterprint, which he found very interesting.

alien3autosic3.jpg

I asked him what it was like doing Alien³, he said, "It was brilliant, because we were all working on a really big motion picture and we got to work on the 007 Stage at Pinewood Studios."

He then signed a nice publicity photograph which I had bought from a dealer.

webbautovx7.jpg

He looked at this photo and tried to remember where it was taken. He kept on saying, "I can't think where that photo was taken."

I asked him to put one of his quotes from the film, which he did, and handed me the photo. Then the crew member next to him said "Have you forgotten something?" Danny looked at the photo and realised he hadn't added his autograph!!

Edited by Kiwi 7

I asked her if she would put a one of her famous quotes on it, "Whatever you're gonna do, do it fast!".

goldsteinautogi3.jpgwebbautovx7.jpg

Jeanette's quote is a bit dirty!! Or is it just my mind?:D

Danny's quite is great! One of his best lines, did he imporovise that cos I forgot to ask him about that line?

He signed my poster "I hate bugs!" which was improvied by him he said. I asked about his "no Ice-cream, no rubbers, no guns, now eomen" speech but he said he coudnt take credit for that one.

Edited by nicky

Jeanette's quote is a bit dirty!! Or is it just my mind?:blush:

No, I think it's just your mind. He he. :D

Danny's quite is great! One of his best lines, did he imporovise that cos I forgot to ask him about that line?

I don't think he improvised "How about if I sit here on my ass?"

I've had a look at the script, and you can clearly see his quote written down.

Here's a link to the website where you can look at the script: http://home.online.no/~bhundlan/scripts/alien3/hill.txt