Goonies 2?

freshjim

I was with him on Saturday. He was an absolute gentleman (and yes Jeff I know you're probably reading this and it's not a suck up).

Goonies 2: Was pitched to the film studios three years ago by Spielberg and Donner, but Studio didn't want to go ahead. He was quite relieved as although he was offered part, he was happy now being the other side of the camera (he'a an entertainments laywer) and would prefer the film to rest on it's own as a bit of classic and not have the memory spoiled by a straight to DVD sequel.

Other questions and answers:

Yes he's single at the moment,

yes he still has his hat collection - but doesn't add to it anymore,

yes he still loves chocolate (and Thanks everyone that brought him a babe ruth, they all went home with him), however, he's now slim with a six pack and works hard to stay that way.

Still great friends with Richard Donner and Jonathon Ke Quan - who is now a martial arts choreographer for films in LA, but doesn't see many others.

No people don't recognise him anymore.

No he won't do the truffle shuffle, unless paid an obscene amount of money or got very drunk and his stomach is a bit too washboard to do it.

Yes he had a great time and would come back again.

I'll leave the other questions to the people who asked them.

Hope that helps.

Glad to hear he had a good time and also glad to hear that there probably won't be a sequel. I meant to ask him that at the time but was a little bit more overwhelmed than I expected! I think a sequel could never match the original's charm and magic and really hope they don't try!

Still great friends with Richard Donner and Jonathon Ke Quan - who is now a martial arts choreographer for films in LA, but doesn't see many others.

Did Jeff mention the likelyhood of either of those two cats doing a con over here? I know alot of folkjs have requested Ke Huy Quan. I seem to remember him being the fight choreographer for The One I think and an X-Men film.

Bearing in mind Spielberg's just been turned down by a studio to do a 3-D animated version of TinTin, for only 120 million, it's fair to think studios now are seeminly only after cheap Seth Rogan style fare, and remakes of new Asian mob movies (there's one Asian mob movie that states on the original poster that it's about to be remade by Americans... !)

Besides, why ruin the memory of a good movie like Goonies, with 3rd-rate cheap imitation.

studios now are seeminly only after cheap Seth Rogan style fare,

Hey, Seth Rogen (and the whole Judd Apatow crew) rock. Looking fwd to The Green Hornet starring him and Stephen Chow (also dir.) . There's even rumor if Ghostbusters 3 goes ahead that he'll be a part of it as Apatow will be producing.