So Far today....

Brockie76

Hi All

Well i have just met Amber and Mercedes from Buffy. So lovely and friendly.

cant seem to upload the photos though.

It would seem that Colletormania 15 will be moving to the MK Dons Stadium. How exciting!!!

Enjoy the weekend :D

Really?! Is it on the flyers or something?

That's a shame if true. I like visiting the shopping centre too! Part of the experience for me.

Thanks for the info.

http://i370.photobucket.com/albums/oo148/brockie76/col2.jpg

http://i370.photobucket.com/albums/oo148/brockie76/col1.jpg

hopefully pics from today, more to come over the weekend

Glad to hear about Mercedes. I've heard nothing but lovely things about Amber so I'm really looking forward to seeing her tomorrow, but I wasn't sure about Mercedes. Pleased you had good experiences.

Everyone I've met from Buffy/Angel has been great so far.

Both were so nice. It was good as there was no queue, no stress, just nice. Amber seemed very ingrossed in her book!! But she was very chatty and so was Mercedes.

Nice pics :). Glad there both nice I hear mix reviews on Mercedes so I will find out tomorrow I hope she is doing over table pics as theres no shoot sat.

She was today, but i guess because it was quiet! I'm back on Sunday to get a couple more!

To be honest i have never has a problem with any guest not being friendly. I think that as long as you smile and say hi, then they will respond back!!! but i have been known to be wrong!

Hi All

Well i have just met Amber and Mercedes from Buffy. So lovely and friendly.

cant seem to upload the photos though.

It would seem that Colletormania 15 will be moving to the MK Dons Stadium. How exciting!!!

Enjoy the weekend :D

I met just those two today. They were LOVELY :( For some reason I was quite apprehensive and in a bit of an "oh I can't be bothered mood", but I made the effort and was very happy about it :dance:

If its moving to MK Dons I assume theyll be charging an entrance fee.

No, the flyers say it'll still be free entry but I overheard a few people talking to dealers about it and they weren't too happy as they said they get a lot of passing trade where they are now which will disappear in the new location.

Plus you'll lose the benefit of being able to wander off round the shops while waiting etc. The stadium is quiet a long way from the current location - too far to walk easily.

I can understand some reasons for a move but overall i think it'll be a pity - I like the vibe and buzz where it is now which makes it unqiue. It'll lose that and just become like any other event when it moves.

As a football fan, I'm none too pleased about this. MK Dons shouldn't even exist.

I agree! I miss Wimbledon's crazy gang!

If its still free entry then cool but yeah I like that fact that Ive got shops and seats when I get bored.

Wow it was quiet but good for me as instead of waiting you could walk up to anyone with no queue. I started off by meeting Morena Baccarin, she was a little quiet but I have heard she is not 100% comftable with conventions and besides I did not have much to say, she was no posed photos. Next I met Denise Crosby who was impressed with my photo from her appearance in NYPD Blue and we spoke about the show for a couple of minutes, the couple in front asked for a photo with her and she said they could take a photo of her but not with her as there was a photoshoot booked. I next went to see Gunnar Hansen, here was the advantage of it being quiet as we stood chatting for around 10 to 15 minutes about Texas Chainsaw Massacre, films in general and New England where he now lives, he happily posed for a photo and was a really nice guy. MC Gainey was exactly how you want your character actors to look, he had a half smoked cigar he said he lit in New York and looked as though he had been up for a week, I'm 6'3 and 15 stone but when he put his hand on my shoulder for a photo I felt he could have picked me up and thrown me across the room, a really nice guy. Jeanette Goldstein loved my screen capture from Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas and said she has nearly the exact same one herself as a reminder of the day she spent under Johnny Depp, she was happy to pose for a photo. Mark Sheppard was my last meet of the day and was very friendly, we stood talking for around 10 to 15 minutes which started by us having to compare drivers licences as he would not believe he was 5 years older then me ( I could have stayed at home and been insulted for free ),we talked about what it was like being an actor in Los Angeles etc and he was happy to pose for a photo. The usual range of stalls, I bought a new comic book of Stephen King book The Stand, I suspect the dealers were moaning about how quiet it was but to be honest most of their stock is the same at each convention and as much as I like Star Wars half the stalls seemed to be selling action figures from the film. Back tommorrow to meet the British actors and hopefully Jonathan Rhys Davies who was delayed today due to flight problems.

I started off by meeting Morena Baccarin, she was a little quiet but I have heard she is not 100% comftable with conventions

Just like to say, that's not really the case - she's great with proper conventions but the signing is clearly her least favourite part of the weekend so signing events are probably not her favourite thing to do!

Because she loves her fans and wants to meet them. I no i'm glad cas I missed her at the cons so this is my only chance. Also if you ask her a question i'm sure she will be happy to answer it rather than sit there and sign all day.