Personalisations/ posed photos?

Lizzy

Met:

Amber Benson

Mecedes McNab

Denise Crosby

It wasn't very busy at 10:00am on the Friday, so they happily posed for a photograph with me.

Morena Baccarin - had a "no posed photo" policy but let me take one of her whilst signing. Her queue was building up even before she arrived!

Michael Dorn - had no signs saying "no photos" or "no posed photos" up when I saw him at 9:30. He said that if I wanted a photo, I had to go to a photo shoot! :-(

Who did everyone else see / meet?

Oh my god I hope that changes about Michael Dorn!!! He wasn't like that last time! I like to get piccies of people signing my print... I even have one of Patrick- that'd be stupid if out of everyone, he didn't allow it :P

Oh my god I hope that changes about Michael Dorn!!! He wasn't like that last time! I like to get piccies of people signing my print... I even have one of Patrick- that'd be stupid if out of everyone, he didn't allow it :P

Such as life! It is perfectly okay for him to say no for a photo!

Having one of him signing would have been nice.

If he was doing a photo shoot on Fri I would have gone to it.

Never mind!

Hmmm so if Morena isn't doing posed photos even on the Friday which isn't busy, I probably won't bother going on the Sunday.

She's got a photo shoot on Sunday so you could still get a pic with her! Shame that nobody is doing them on Friday. At least Friday is a very quiet day in the morning... no queuing at all.

I realise that but there are only very few instances where I'll pay simply to be on a conveyor belt of people to have a brief handshake and photo with a guest (Bruce Campbell). It's nice when the guests have the time to talk to you, pose for a photo and do a signature (Amber Benson).

I realise that all guests are different and this is not a criticism of anyone at all, it's just the way I gauge things personally.

Hmmm so if Morena isn't doing posed photos even on the Friday which isn't busy, I probably won't bother going on the Sunday.

I saw her today squeeeeeeee she was very nice but she told me she was leaving at lunchtime on sunday as she had an afternoon flight out on sunday .....

Michael Dorn - had no signs saying "no photos" or "no posed photos" up when I saw him at 9:30. He said that if I wanted a photo, I had to go to a photo shoot! :-(

thats really bad. Was gonna go to this event for the first time tomorow, but ain't gonna bover now. ain't gonna pay for a photo with him and have to stay there all day to wait for it.

to much money being made outta the little people if he's not allowed to pose at the singing desk :P

thats really bad. Was gonna go to this event for the first time tomorow, but ain't gonna bover now. ain't gonna pay for a photo with him and have to stay there all day to wait for it.

to much money being made outta the little people if he's not allowed to pose at the singing desk :firedevil:

Think about it this way, though.

What if people who were getting photoshoots took stuff into them photoshoot with them and said "hey, I know this isn't for signings and I know I usually have to pay for it, but can you just give me a free auto now please? Thanks!"

Michael had signs "no photos" and "no posed photos" at other events before, way before the photo sessions were introduced.

I've always been assuming he just doesn't like doing them. Maybe he's got bad knees that hurt when he constantly gets up for pictures. In the photo session he'll usually be standing all the time. *shrugs*

Edited by Queen_Sindel

Michael had signs "no photos" and "no posed photos" at other events before, way before the photo sessions were introduced.

I've always been assuming he just doesn't like doing them. Maybe he's got bad knees that hurt when he constantly gets up for pictures. In the photo session he'll usually be standing all the time. *shrugs*

The one time I saw him a couple of years ago up in Manchester he had a No Flash Photos sign on his desk but was allowing non-flash pics of him signing things, I believe (no posed photos though).

Edited by thefreckles

When I met him some time ago (it was when he was next to Brent Spiner at a CM -can't remember which one) he did do a photo, but he was pretty grumpy about it. In fact, he was pretty grumpy all round to be honest - possibly a bad day! :)

C6?

That's where he had a "no posed photos" sign up when I met him. Looks like it may have gone up at some point during the weekend then. And you're right Mike, he was very grumpy that weekend. The only reaction I got when I was at his table was a Worf-like growl. :thumbup:

But going from the posts here his rules seem to vary quite a bit. I got a posed (non-flash) photo in Manchester in the end.

C6?

That's where he had a "no posed photos" sign up when I met him. Looks like it may have gone up at some point during the weekend then. And you're right Mike, he was very grumpy that weekend. The only reaction I got when I was at his table was a Worf-like growl. :D

But going from the posts here his rules seem to vary quite a bit. I got a posed (non-flash) photo in Manchester in the end.

Yes that sounds about right - the years are going quick :P I wandered past him today and he didn't look in a much better mood than he was then :blush:

Hi

We wanted to meet Michael today, but he looked really grumpy. If he allowed photographs, then we would have paid for an autograph and I heard other fans make the same comment.

Oh well, saved us £20 - yes we could have got a photoshoot but he looked grumpy as hell the whole day and when I did see him signing a few autographs he was really disiniterested.

It was obvious others felt the same as us as he had an open queue during the time we were there and while queueing for Jeff next to him for 20+ minutes I only saw 2 people visit him.

Thankfully the other guests we did visit were really friendly and allowed personalisations and photographs.

MC Gainey, Matthew Wood, Alexei Sayle, Craig Fairbrass, Matthew Lewis and Jeff Cohen were all brilliant

Steve

Edited by steevofromglasgow

I almost felt sorry for the trekkies, dorn and crosby looked like they couldnt give a crap and especially dorn looked as though he felt he was too good to be there.

luckily i'm a buffy fan, it has the most friendly cast ever amber & mercedes were great! i got to speak to them for ages and they were awesome!