Collectormania Guest List

jamesthehorse

Am I the only one who’s a little disappointed by the guest list of this one?.

It just seems to lack something, and doesn’t feel like ‘the best event in the word’ which is a line often written on this board.

For the past couple of weeks I’ve been checking the website expecting a big new announcement. But nothing really has happened.

In all honesty, this event seems to have been a bit of a nightmare, big guest cancelations, the mysterious Thursday, the cancellation of the party.

I don’t really care if it’s another repeated Lord of the Rings, or Harry Potter reunions. But let’s pull something out of the bag, at least…

:D

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think we would have been entitled to a replacement worthy of the name Dreyfuss or Baldwin Collectormania and that seems small compared to all previous ones. The cancellation of previous confused collectormania all editions are not there. I hope a nice announcement this week but I fear it is finished.

• Moderators

It may have been a rocky road to MK in some peoples eyes, what with the delayed announcements etc, but it has ended up with a solid lineup.

Certainly not exceptional to the level of the recent LFACC or anything, but it's solid. A few first timers, some main cast from a variety of popular TV shows, and if the cancellations hadn't happened then it would've been even better obviously.

There won't always be a 'big' guest, but then that's a matter of perception anyway I guess. Some people couldn't have cared less about Christopher Lloyd at LFACC!

i have been to everyone since C6 and stay over in MK but this year there is no one i that interests me this time, after LFCC this seems very weak which is a shame as a big group of us always come down and make a weekend of it! oh well roll on C15!!

I will be meeting three guests: Amber Benson, Mercedes McNab and Morena Baccarin. Which is good for me.

If Adam Baldwin and J August Richards were attending I would have met 5, so the intended line up was great for me.

I have no complaints about the current line up, only that the party was cancelled. Maybe next time.

Not the strongest lineup for me, I'm actually debating whether to miss a couple and come down on Friday rather than the weekend as it looks like it may be quieter. Better to look round the dealers and have more time generally....

Right now Collectormania Midlands is the one worrying me! More sports guests than TV and film :-) But hopefully a LOT more guests will be announced in the coming weeks for that.

i was gutted about richard brooker!!but ive still got doug bradley and gunnar hansen to meet but i can understand where your all coming from,i was at LFACC and the atmosphere there was fantastic,this is my first collectormania and im hoping its gonna be as good!

I am meeting 14 guests for myself,

Morena Baccarin

Michael Rosenbaum

Jeff Cohen

Mercedes McNab (+ photoshoot )

Miriam Margolyes

Mark Sheppard

Jamie Foreman

Alexei Sayle

Ricco Ross

Craig Fairbrass

Ryan Sampson

Oliver Smith

Ruari Mears

Frances White

For a few friends also need to add,

Morena Baccarin

Mercedes McNab

Michael Dorn

Mark Sheppard

Gunnar Hansen

Ryan Sampson

Ruari Mears

So for me a usual Collectormania Milton Keynes weekend !!

Well im only going for Michael Rosenbaum, ive wanted to meet him for ages and im happy to make the journey in 1 day to do it! Yes i only live about 2 hours drive away but we all have to weigh up if its worth it for the people you want to meet, and i can understand if people have further to come or cant drive that it is just not worth it? You win some, you lose some but i never complain if there is no one i want to meet, i just think oh well, maybe at the next event? There are just so many different generations and fandoms now that you cant please us all, all of the time? :thumbup:

Well im only going for Michael Rosenbaum, ive wanted to meet him for ages and im happy to make the journey in 1 day to do it! Yes i only live about 2 hours drive away but we all have to weigh up if its worth it for the people you want to meet, and i can understand if people have further to come or cant drive that it is just not worth it? You win some, you lose some but i never complain if there is no one i want to meet, i just think oh well, maybe at the next event? There are just so many different generations and fandoms now that you cant please us all, all of the time? :P

couldnt agree more pinkangel its what you make of it .

I went collectormania 13 just for one person...got a few in the end but it was only for leslie phillips.....and as for era im only 34 and hes in his 80's...lol :thumbup::uhoh:

It's good enough for me you can't please everybody all the time. I'm meeting loads of Guests but my boyfriend is only meeting a couple of Guests and he is happy with the line up.

Some people just love to moan. :thumbup:.

What Gem said. If you don't like it, don't go. There's 5 there that I'll want to meet at some point, but to be honest we were spoiled at LFACC and you can't compare that to this. Or, if you feel SMs aren't cutting it any more, get out there and do better yourself.....