horror con in the uk!

justinh

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes come on SM give us a Horror con.

I dont care if the US have loads im sure you could transfer the likes of regulars such as Doug Bradley,Kane Hodder and Englund etc to a Horror gig then fill it with a bunch of uk stars,directors and writers.

Get Emily Booth in there and that hot vampire chick Eileen Daly in there as hosts and your laughing.

I have noticed a lot of the people who buy top of the line merchandise at shows like to splash out on Horror stuff so its good for the dealers.

Edited by vintageSW77

i can understand getting ticked off for dissing a member of the forum but an actor ??

Once I said "it would be nice to meet Michael J Fox before he dies." Someone replied saying, "HOW DARE YOU BE SO INSENSITIVE :( " I ignored the comment and kept posting. I dare anything. I am Skeletor. Master of the Universe.

Oh and another time there was the legendary uproar over the April Fools' joke guest announcement of John Candy.

fill it with a bunch of uk stars,directors and writers.

What's a "director" and "writer"? In fact what's this thing "films" you keep talking about, vintageSW77?

Edited by nicky

i can understand getting ticked off for dissing a member of the forum but an actor ??

Once I said "it would be nice to meet Michael J Fox before he dies." Someone replied saying, "HOW DARE YOU BE SO INSENSITIVE :( " I ignored the comment and kept posting.

I dare anything. I am Skeletor. Master of the Universe.

There are gags to be made about MJ Fox making an appearance and people not being happy with his autograph etc but my gags dont go down too well here

Like death my ban from this forum is sadly inevitable

sorry arent we meant to b talkin about gettin a horror con in the uk?

look mate there are about 5 contributors to this thread and weve been after a Horror con all year with no joy

so excuse us if it drifts elsewhere

besides MJ Fox was in that up there with the classics horror flick TEEN WOLF was he not

but to keep you happy

Please can we have Dario Argento,John Carpenter,Robert Englund,Heather Langenkamp,John Saxon,Ruggero Deodato,Lamberto Bava,George A Romero,Tom Savini,Emily Booth,Eileen Daly,The Cenobites,Frank Henenlotter,The TROMA people,Ingrid Pitt,The Collinson twins,Claudio Simonetti,Eli Roth,Clive Barker and Chico for next year at Halloween please!

Edited by vintageSW77

If you think everyone on this forum always sticks to the topic on every thread, you've got A LOT of telling off to do.

Anyway, what is this thing "horror"??? And what the hell is "films"??? I only know TV and the programmes on it.

Edited by nicky

Emily Booth

i totally love emily, its a crying shame she hasnt been in more stuff, did u ever watch the 'shock movie massacre' tv show she did? it was cool. she was at a show in birmingham but i couldnt go :WAVE:

ok so i get the feeling that it will never happen with showmasters, esp. now seeing the way things are headed with their events.

how about a joint con like the sports one at midlands? say 10 horror guests and the rest can be the usual.

maybe some directors as they have a wider spectrum of fans, carpenter, craven, romero etc. and maybe a reunion for something like dawn of the dead or nightmare on elm street. i guarantee that if you put more horror guests into one show then more people will come, many people will look an see kane hodders name at midlands and say 'oh that would be cool' and then look at the other guests and think 'well maybe i cant afford to travel hundreds of miles just to see kane', like me. but i must meet kane hodder so i will be there nonetheless.

but after that i doubt i will be at a sm event for a long long time, its obvious we are not important to you. well i might go to glasgow, since its close, but after that it will take SMG, alyson hannigan and michelle trachtenberg to get me back to a show.

• Moderators

but after that i doubt i will be at a sm event for a long long time, its obvious we are not important to you.

Can I just ask why you say that?

There have been regular horror guests at Showmasters events since Collectormania 1 really. The horror genre has been well represented. There's some stuff that has never been covered.

Just because there's not a horror con, it doesn't mean horror fans 'aren't important'. But I'm afraid a topic like this with "just give us a bloody horror con already" is hardly the best way of going about it.

Get the word out there to horror sites, get people on here supporting the idea etc. Take a positive stance if you're really that determined, but you need to show Showmasters that the idea is viable HERE in this country. A few people in this topic isn't going to swing opinion.

And I'm not stepping in as a mod, I'm stepping in as someone who got into these shows because I wanted to meet Robert Englund at a Collectormania show 5 years ago. I started attending as a horror fan, and I'd certainly go to a horror con myself.

but after that i doubt i will be at a sm event for a long long time, its obvious we are not important to you.

Can I just ask why you say that?

There have been regular horror guests at Showmasters events since Collectormania 1 really. The horror genre has been well represented. There's some stuff that has never been covered.

Just because there's not a horror con, it doesn't mean horror fans 'aren't important'. But I'm afraid a topic like this with "just give us a bloody horror con already" is hardly the best way of going about it.

Get the word out there to horror sites, get people on here supporting the idea etc. Take a positive stance if you're really that determined, but you need to show Showmasters that the idea is viable HERE in this country. A few people in this topic isn't going to swing opinion.

And I'm not stepping in as a mod, I'm stepping in as someone who got into these shows because I wanted to meet Robert Englund at a Collectormania show 5 years ago. I started attending as a horror fan, and I'd certainly go to a horror con myself.

in the phrase "just give us a bloody horror con" I wasnt using the word 'bloody' as an alternative to the 'F' word, I was using it as in 'bloody horror con' , get it? 'bloody '- 'horror' , no?, nevermind.

It was robert englund that i went to see at my first show also, but the people i went with to that show arent as willing as me to spend so much money travelling to see 1 or 2 horror guests and after kane hodder neither will i be.

it seems you pick out one sentence from my posts and then use that to define the whole post, i'm assuming you read the entire post? i've offered suggestions and and my services to make a horror con happen, but what use is that without any word from SM that they would even think about it or say why they wont do one.

you are a mod and work at shows and say you are a horror fan, have you ever asked anyone from SM about a horror con?

I also just want to point out I am a movie fan in general (and a few telly shows), I just have a soft spot for horror and also think it would make a fun convention.

I think a more viable request would be to ask for an horror section at a future Collectormania or LFACC, and call it "The Horror Zone"

A more practical solution would be just to have more horror guests full stop. No need for a section, just more guests of that nature.

I think a more viable request would be to ask for an horror section at a future Collectormania or LFACC, and call it "The Horror Zone"

A more practical solution would be just to have more horror guests full stop. No need for a section, just more guests of that nature.

and lets have some good uns

there is another thread with some really bad suggestions from someone who quite obviously hasnt seen a horror movie made before 1999

there is another thread with some really bad suggestions from someone who quite obviously hasnt seen a horror movie made before 1999

Did you really expect anything different from this forum???

Most of his guests arent even proper horror names.

Did you really expect anything different from this forum???

Most of his guests arent even proper horror names.

the only horrific thing about that list is the list itself

All of the actors/actresses that were listed by this "someone" did appear in Buffy. The user in question is a big fan of the show, and will generally post requests for Buffy actors that have appeared in other movies/shows whenever guests from those are requested.

It has happened so often before (for example for the crime shows), you eventually get used to it. :rolleyes:

I'll definitely add my support to a dedicated horror convention.

More horror film directors would be great.

Wes Craven

David Cronenberg

Tobe Hooper

Dario Argento

David Lynch

Stuart Gordon

George A. Romero- Met him a few times now, but he is such a nice guy that it's always a pleasure to meet him.

Lamberto Bava

Cheers, Ritchie.

Forgot to add that it was fantastic to meet with John Landis at LFACC. What a great guy, thanks for bringing him and I would like to say that, just like George, you should invite John back again.

Edited by Ritchie