horror con in the uk!

justinh

why cant we have a horror convention in the uk?america has them every week,we never seem to get any and its so frustrating lookin at all the great guests that the cons in the u.s have!!all u horror fans out there need to get together and try and sort this out because i am only 1 voice but together we might b able to shout loud enough for some1 to hear and sort something out,where r all u horror fans?i know your out there because i see the forums are always full up with people from the uk so im not the only horror fan in the uk,COME ON PEOPLE TIME TO MAKE SOME NOISE!! :(

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i remmeber there use to be another event company used to do one.. ok it wasnt the best but it was just horror. and it was cool.. hellraisers and what not.. i think your right we need a a REAL con thats horror guests and lots of stupied questions like when is chucky vs lepercan coming out

why cant we have a horror convention in the uk?america has them every week,we never seem to get any

The reason why America has them is cos they are generally supported by all the horror mags I think like Fangoria, Gorezone (or whatever is going now) etc. Horror is more popular in the US and the fans are more clued up over there than they are here. Plus its easy to get the guests if they live in the US anyway.

Horror is just bigger over there is all. I personally doubt we'll see a horror con here - just look at how quiet this section of the forum is.

i didnt know there was a forum section for horror here

most of my freinds and a few freinds of go to SM shows but dont go near this forum and theyd be up for a horror gig

it has pissed me off a little that they are putting on a Halloween event next year for Buffy

the regular sm shows already have the usual suspects from the show sat their twiddling their thumbs so i dont get why this show is going ahead

a year to plan a Halloween set horror con would be plenty of time to get some unique guests and the popular past guest such as Englund and Campbell back

i dont get it...Campbell and Englund with good ques and Tony Head and Emma Caufield watching the tumbleweed fly by at shows this year

i couldnt agree more everytime robert comes to this country he is mobbed with people wanting to meet him,its the same with most of the big horror names such as kane hodder,doug bradley and like u said bruce campbell,people cant get enough of them but me writin in this link makes me think mayb there isnt enough of us out there because people arent responding as well as i thought come on people rally together and scream loudly!

i couldnt agree more everytime robert comes to this country he is mobbed with people wanting to meet him,its the same with most of the big horror names such as kane hodder,doug bradley and like u said bruce campbell,people cant get enough of them but me writin in this link makes me think mayb there isnt enough of us out there because people arent responding as well as i thought come on people rally together and scream loudly!

there is a show in Wales coming up

not strictly a con more a festival

it has pissed me off a little that they are putting on a Halloween event next year for Buffy - the regular sm shows already have the usual suspects from the show sat their twiddling their thumbs so i dont get why this show is going ahead. A year to plan a Halloween set horror con would be plenty of time to get some unique guests.

I think you're forgetting that Halloween is a popular time for horror themes the world-over and its not just SM that wuold be trying to get these guys for an October con.

It indeed isn't allowed to speak about other events on here, so unfortunately I had to edit your post. As I have explained before, if it's enough info to find the show through Google unfortunately it is not allowed.

Please feel free to exchange info via e-mail.

Also I'd appreciate it if you could refrain from name calling in the future. I am aware that you don't like some things going on here (like the Buffy con being announced), but this doesn't make name calling appropriate.

i think its sad they wont even give it a try, just one to see how it goes. also, guests would have fans from more than one film, like mercedes mcnab, you would have buffy fans obv and she was in 'hatchet' also. jenette goldstein was in aliens and near dark and has a new horror film coming out soon. brad dourif played a horror icon but has been in tons of other stuff too, do you see my point?

just because most of the regulars here are sci-fi fans doesnt mean there isnt an audience out there for a horror con, i go to these shows on my own but a couple of friends have said they would go to a horror con, not everyone cares about meeting someone who was in 1 ep of dr.who in 1982, but good for those who do.

ive met some great horror guests thanx to sm, but if i want to see kane hodder who is near the top of my list of people to meet then its another £90 train ticket and 15 hour round trip just for one person and i cant afford it 7 times a year, so heres an idea, put all the horror guests into one con and i can spend more money at the actual shows than i do travelling.

:jason:

thanks exactly the point im tryin to make!i have to travel 300 miles to meet 1 person!!i know i dont have to make the journey but it would be so much easyer and better to have a convention for horror that we all could attend!horror is big business worldwide im sure people would come from far away to meet there horror icons especially has america is so far away and people just dont have that sort of money to play with,if they could get a good line up it would be a guarented sucess and people would attend who are not horror fans simply out of curiosity,come on showmasters at least think about it?

It indeed isn't allowed to speak about other events on here, so unfortunately I had to edit your post. As I have explained before, if it's enough info to find the show through Google unfortunately it is not allowed.

Please feel free to exchange info via e-mail.

Also I'd appreciate it if you could refrain from name calling in the future. I am aware that you don't like some things going on here (like the Buffy con being announced), but this doesn't make name calling appropriate.

name calling??

jeez this place gets more like a Disney forum by the min

i can understand getting ticked off for dissing a member of the forum but an actor ??

im sure Amber Benson brings in the ? but she is a prime examle of what i think is wrong with SM

i can think of a LOT of unique people whod be up for an SM con for less dough and would pay off in silver dollars

and INDEED i am against a Buffy con damn right..i think it has had its day and hasnt aged very well

AND is responsible indirectly for a billion people who now talk like Willow

WHICH ...IS A VERY BAD ...........................................................THING

if you want to see a decent Vamp slayer rent some Hammer flicks

i will however say thanks for the addition of Kane Hodder

whilst not conclusive it will mean i now have signed pics of Chucky,Jason,Leatherface,Vernon Kay,Pinhead,Ash,Gunther Von Hagen,Freddy,Krug from LHOTL and "ahem" THE LEPRECHAUN in my hall of fear (or as its better known the hallway at my house)

Edited by Queen_Sindel

An actor/actress? You're mixing up the topics.

The name calling I am referring to here is about a name you have kindly given the moderators, and this is where it stops. Personal insults are not tolerated on here, regardless if directed to members or guests.

Edited by Queen_Sindel

EDIT: If I can use google to find another event based on what you have posted you have posted too much information and have broken the forum rules.

this forum is way too strict

Edited by vintageSW77

Showmasters are very keen on 'spread the word on websites - tell everyone to come to our events'.
I dont think they mean for you to tell people on other con websites though.

Exactly. The rule about not mentioning other events is generally the same on every event organiser's forum. The posts you mention certainly was not a request by Showmasters "please break the rules for us elsewhere".

There's lots of fansites one can promote the word on, groups on Livejournal etc. And that's only the online places. ;)

Edited by Queen_Sindel

• Moderators

Yep that's true - for example, when Eclipse was first announced, I joined up to various things:

Live Journal communities for Heroes

Live Journal communities for the specific actors/actresses

Facebook groups

MySpace profile sites

Heroes message boards

Actor/Actress fan sites

Specific sites that cover the con scene as a whole

There's many things that can be done without even touching a site of another organiser.

And even then I'd always submit it as 'news' for the admin to check before it got posted if I was unsure - that way they had the final say. I respect their rules.