Smallville Season 8 - US Pace - Spoilers

angel_darkavenger

• Moderators

My main problem with Smallville is that it does like to show glimpses of something really interesting, but then it falls back onto crap basically lol

I mean obviously I've stuck with it through the Lana/Clark stuff which seemed to be never ending :thumbup: but I dunno, it was always like they had potential and then either forgot things or wrapped them up far too quickly .. if that makes any sense.

With the dynamic completely changed this time round, it should give a lot of opportunity for something different. It's just whether they go with it, or fall back into the same old routine.

That being said, more Justice League and more Clark/Lois stuff makes me happy.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Moderators

You might as well stick with it if it's gonna be the last season. They might wrap it up with something good .. though you could probably just watch the finale and realise you've not missed anything worthwhile lol

• 1 month later...

I'd agree with the point about how they hint for something major, then shy away from it , and almost avoid the whole subject.

But for those that claim it's going downhill, I'm not so sure, Smallville must be getting reasonable ratings, for it to go 8 seasons so far, where other new shows have started and never get picked up or continued.

As for Lex not being in the show, I'm not so sure, I've been wondering if this is just one big ploy, and Lex will return for a cameo in the finale or something.

With one of the villains that's being used this season, I wondered how they were going to introduce ... but got to admit I've liked the way they've done so, and seeing ... on screen tonight, I was quite impressed.

But it also worries me, as Smallville does have a history of wrapping up a story within the following episode. Which would be pretty daft for this particular plot line.

I've tried to avoid spoilers here, but for those that have seen Bride ( ep 10 ) you'll know what I mean

• Moderators

Well with the Robin show out of the picture, they seem to be leaning towards another season of Smallville, which is quite surprising.

Although I must admit I've been enjoying the Davis/Doomsday business. Certainly one of the better storylines they've had, and for once not overly rushed.

They have a huge amount of material to work from, and they can put together a fantastic show when they feel like it. It's just not very consistent.

I am loving this season of Smallville, let down but I think this one has picked it up. At the moment I have only watched up to Episode 9 but hopefully tonight or tomorrow I will be watching Episode 10. Isn't there new writers or directors or something? Maybe that's why I am enjoying this more. I was a bit iffy when I found out that Lex wasn't the villain in this season but I have to say that I think Tess and Davis are brilliant and I hope they dont wrap up the Davis thing in an episode and try to rush it but I can't wait for the next episodes! And hopefully there will be another season!

I have to admit I did actually laugh at the fake Lex they had in this ep. Yes, I'm that good, I can tell it's not Rosenbaum from the back of his head :YAHOO:

I wasn't overimpressed with Doomsday but it could have been worse so I'll let them off.

And Lana got injured but stayed conscious. That's progress!