Party cancellation

showmasters

hi all we want to run the party to but with so little bookings we could not run it just for 30 to 50 people the hall costs £2000 for the night so sorry if we had of had more interest before hand i would have taken the risk you know me i am up for that but with so little interest i could not go ahead with it

at c15 i plan a lot of new activatys and new things with the guests so if you want it to happen please help make it happen and book before the show thanks

and i will see some of you at the crew hotel for a drink

jason :lol:

Hi

Crew Hotel??

Which one is it this time. I think a couple of Collectormanias back we were in the crew hotel.

When we booked in the staff said best to not go down for Breakfast till after 8am (not likely to happen) as it would be full in the restaurant. I presumed it was cause crew were there!

Hope we all have a great time party or no party

It's unlikely the Crew Hotel will publicly be named on here. I'm sure the hotel in question wouldn't be too pleased if it was overrun with dozens of non residents rampaging through its corridors lol. Although I'm sure it would be a sight to be seen. :D

Just wanted to say that i'd be more interested in the party if it wasn't going to be held at that dreadful football stadium - i presume that is where you were going to be. Last time, i went to see James Marsters and that, and a handfull of friends, were the only things going for it.

The room was way too big for amount of people, tiny dance floor, awful music - after James - even Kai Owen couldn't save it and then they turn all the lights off!!

We wound up sitting in the bar area, where we could at least see each other and were able to talk below a shout. Said bar ran out of most booze and soft drinks too VERY early in the night and the prices they charged were through the roof - nobody was going to get drunk that night!

i would only be interested if it wasn't a taxi ride away and drink prices were more reasonable.

I wouldn't have been going to the party - but I will say from a business point of view I can see where Jason is coming from. Only thing I could suggest in these cases is posting no the forum to say "We're thinking of cancelling the event unless we get a decent number of pre-bookings" - maybe that might have gee'd people up to book in advance rather than getting their ticket on the day?

• Moderators

There is a God :poki:

His name is Leonardo DiCaprio :poki:

Irmelin's baby boy was only born in 1974. He arrived a little late to the party to be God I'm afraid.

I'll accept Morgan Freeman as an acceptable answer.

I wouldn't have been going to the party - but I will say from a business point of view I can see where Jason is coming from. Only thing I could suggest in these cases is posting no the forum to say "We're thinking of cancelling the event unless we get a decent number of pre-bookings" - maybe that might have gee'd people up to book in advance rather than getting their ticket on the day?

Yes, that probably would have helped.

To be honest, it is a logical situation, but not one that really crossed my mind before.

You said "well next year the party will be local to Collectormania and that may help with thicket sales"

does that mean youre moving Collectormania or is the party closer to the shopping centre

obiton

Doh!

What's to "Doh!" about? It's a perfectly reasonable question, and both possibilities are/were reasonable.