SFX's Truffle Shuffle competition

showmasters

I can prove i was in the cometition, i have got video footage of me being a plonker. :P

Ah!! But how are they supposed to know the person in the footage is Richie Rich? :poki: And yes, Pan Labyrinth is a fantastic film and worth keeping but then again, if you're a Dr Who fan...

BTW, did anyone who entered the comp get a freebie? Or just runners-up? I missed it cos I didnt know what time is was on. I just heard the cheering but when I got there it was over. I dont think it was announced over the PA?

I found this image of The original Truffle shuffle earlier on and thought of this competition.

StarTrekChunk.gif

Huh??? :P:blink: Edited by nicky

I can prove i was in the cometition, i have got video footage of me being a plonker. :P

Ah!! But how are they supposed to know the person in the footage is Richie Rich? :D And yes, Pan Labyrinth is a fantastic film and worth keeping but then again, if you're a Dr Who fan...

I can prove it was me by showing the video footage and then showing pictures of me with the other people i met there and at previous Collectormanias and if that is not enough prrof then i can show personal pictures of me with my daughter and other family... :D

I think that is proof enough. :P:D

Yes, but those pics would still not prove you are "Richie Rich" or that you didnt get a Goonies blu-ray. They could be of anyone!! Seriously though, I think you missed the boat on getting a Goonies Blu-Ray. I managed to get a Resident Evil: Extinction blu-ray which I'm very happy with. :D

Yes, but those pics would still not prove you are "Richie Rich" or that you didnt get a Goonies blu-ray. They could be of anyone!! Seriously though, I think you missed the boat on getting a Goonies Blu-Ray. I managed to get a Resident Evil: Extinction blu-ray which I'm very happy with. :D

I agree, but i have a tattoo of stripe from the gremlins and i have a picture of me with zach galligan showing my tattoo... surely that would prove i am Richie Rich???

My tattoo is the same picture as my avatar.

You are probably right though... i have probably lost the chance of getting this blu-ray, I am just gutted that i hung around until 2 o'clock to try and get it when i'd finished meeting everyone i wanted and brought everything i wanted by 12... :uhoh:

Nevermind... I still had fun. :D

i have a tattoo of stripe from the gremlins and i have a picture of me with zach galligan showing my tattoo... surely that would prove i am Richie Rich???

My tattoo is the same picture as my avatar.

Yep, that would do it! You should have just asked for the Blu-ray before you left. I was leaving on Saturday about 4.45pm and was wearing the SFX badge but no one had given me a freebie yet so I just went and asked for one before I went home. They were nice enough about it as I'd chatted briefly to the guys there a couple times. I dunno if they'd have given me The Goonies blu-ray though, I asked for Resident Evil.

Edited by nicky

OK... what did i miss?

I thought 10 runners up got a copy of the Blu-Ray of the Goonies?

I went there today and looked like a complete wally (it was quite fun though :P ) wobbling my flab about like an idiot and i got a Doctor Who DVD?!?

Granted I thought i was guaranteed a Blu-Ray seeing as there was only about 6 or 7 of us doing it, but still nothing.

Please can anyone tell me if they actually got a copy and if so what i did wrong not to get one. :angry:

I will say one thing though... the guys on the stall were very friendly and generous... i saw them giving loads of goodies away to loads of people...

A very nice bunch of people... i will be reading SFX.

Ta muchly...

A disappointed Goonies fan! :WAVE:

Richie,

This is Ade from SFX. E-mail me your home address and one will be sent to you mate. The reason we could not give you a copy on the day was because the Courier sent them to the SFX office here in Bath by mistake, instead of MK (Doh)

Hey Ade,

I hope you guys will be back at the next CM in the Midlands with more things for us to do to get freebies. Love the mag. How about a trivia contest where we fill in a form and have to hand it in by 4pm or something?

That wouldn't work - everyone would sit with their phones and look up the answers. A 'live' quiz though, with people keeping an eye on people so they don't cheat - now that would be a great idea!

I dont think looking answers up would be a problem, just dont make the questions stupidly easy and/or make them require you to do a bit more than simply just looking up the cast listings on imdb.

A "live" quiz would work too but you need to sit everyone down and give 'em 10 mins to do it. They could hold it in one of the talk areas. Would be a much more fun way to win spot prizes rather than just simply wear a badge and hope you get seen by one of SFX.

Edited by nicky

OK... what did i miss?

I went there today and looked like a complete wally (it was quite fun though :P ) wobbling my flab about like an idiot and i got a Doctor Who DVD?!?

Granted I thought i was guaranteed a Blu-Ray seeing as there was only about 6 or 7 of us doing it, but still nothing.

Please can anyone tell me if they actually got a copy and if so what i did wrong not to get one. :D

I will say one thing though... the guys on the stall were very friendly and generous... i saw them giving loads of goodies away to loads of people...

Ta muchly...

A disappointed Goonies fan! :WAVE:

Richie,

This is Ade from SFX. E-mail me your home address and one will be sent to you mate. The reason we could not give you a copy on the day was because the Courier sent them to the SFX office here in Bath by mistake, instead of MK (Doh)

Thank you so much... :D

I have sent you an e-mail.

Thank you again... you are a legend. :D

OK... what did i miss?

Please can anyone tell me if they actually got a copy and if so what i did wrong not to get one. :D

Ta muchly...

A disappointed Goonies fan! :(

Richie,

Thank you so much... :D

I have sent you an e-mail.

Thank you again... you are a legend. :wub:

Cheers Dude

Ade

SFX

www.sfx.co.uk

I wuz robbed on Saturday!

I have to agree. Though your costume lacked true screen accuracy it was still a justifiable attempt. Your actions were fluid and majestic and to my mind you were audibly far superior to your competition…

You showed grace in your defeat by not demanding that recount. Not to call the judge’s integrity into question but I for one would certainly be interested to hear the grading criteria of this competition.

Note: I am genuinely concerned about you wearing that Hawaiian shirt again. I noticed the glimmer in your eye. Truffle shuffling in non-designated competition situations is probably frowned upon and in all likelihood would be construed as a meek (but facially enraged) form of exhibitionism. I’m not saying don’t do it, I’m just saying be aware of the area. Is it acceptable on a beach? Yes. Is it acceptable on a plane? Probably no.

I wuz robbed on Saturday!

which one where you?

i was between a girl and a klingon ( not going to use that sentance again in my life) and have you got your blueray yet ?

As O'Malley has already hinted at, I was the guy dressed as Jayne Cobb at a frat party. There are only 2 types of men who wear hawaiin shirts. Jayne Cobb IS a big fat party animal. I really went for it though! Instant we need an instant(ish) replay up on the board if not to let you good people judge for yourselves; but for the chance to rewatch that flubber fly.

Fine shuffling of truffle all round.