Guest Cancellation ADAM BALDWIN

showmasters

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not surprised by this news. I heard months ago that Adam would not be able to make it to the UK for this event.

I was hoping to be proved wrong though.

i am going to put you on the spot on this please, were did you here this from ? as he was coming up to a few days ago and its things being said like this that makes us look like we did not have the guest in the first place :o

i am sorry if this sounds a little direct but we are very clear with the fans when it comes to guests and we never promote a guest if they are not coming :o

thanks for your help on this and i look forward to hiring were you herd this from :huh:

thanks

jason :dance:

<_<

*looks at watch*

;)

I'm not surprised by this news. I heard months ago that Adam would not be able to make it to the UK for this event. I was hoping to be proved wrong though.

i am going to put you on the spot on this please, were did you here this from ? as he was coming up to a few days ago and its things being said like this that makes us look like we did not have the guest in the first place :dance:

:poki:

*looks at watch*

We always seem to get people here who say they heard something (that the rest of us dont know) from someone else. Usually a "dealer". Kinda makes you wonder what goes on "out there" and that we are so insignificant that we're not allowed to know too. :lol: Kinda like goverment properganda.

damn! the man they call 'Animal mother' was top of my must meet list

Me too - poontang !

I don't think you really wanted to say that word did you, Dufs?:dance:

Edited by nicky

I'm not surprised by this news. I heard months ago that Adam would not be able to make it to the UK for this event.

i am going to put you on the spot on this please, were did you here this from ? as he was coming up to a few days ago and its things being said like this that makes us look like we did not have the guest in the first place

i am sorry if this sounds a little direct but we are very clear with the fans when it comes to guests and we never promote a guest if they are not coming :blink:

thanks for your help on this and i look forward to hiring were you herd this from

thanks

jason :WAVE:

I heard this from Adam himself. When he was first announced I managed to get an email to him (via a trusted third party-sadly I don't have Adam's personal email). He responded the same day saying he knew nothing about the event and it was unlikely he would be there. My guess is the person you should be angry with is his agent or whoever you deal with.

I'm as upset as everyone else that Adam's not coming. I would travel half way round the world to meet him (oh, I've done that).

You could've said something back then and saved a few people a lot of money. Pointless to have mentioned it now.

Would anyone have believed me if I had said anything earlier? I know that Adam's schedule can change at very short notice but I first heard about him not coming back in May. I was crossing my fingers that circumstances might have changed between then and now.

i am going to put you on the spot on this please, were did you here this from ? as he was coming up to a few days ago and its things being said like this that makes us look like we did not have the guest in the first place :unsure:

i am sorry if this sounds a little direct but we are very clear with the fans when it comes to guests and we never promote a guest if they are not coming :blink:

thanks for your help on this and i look forward to hiring were you herd this from

thanks

jason :WAVE:

:YAHOO:

*looks at watch*

:lol:

Response has been posted. I'm not signed up for email notifications so you have to wait for me to check the sight.

Edited by tribblelyn

• Moderators

It wouldn't be the first time a guest was unaware of their schedule at a certain point in time. I've worked with guests who had no detailed knowledge of what they were attending until fairly close to an event. It does happen.

Obviously Jason will be able to reply to you with the specifics of this situation though.

It's nice to see that you believe this "trusted third party" so much. But I am sure you understand most people on here are quite weary about such statements.

Nearly everyone has heard some stories about guests or possible cancellations before from dealers, wanna be agents, people "in the know", people who "know someone who know someone" - that's how rumours start, and they often don't come true.

I'm not saying you are lying.

But I don't think it's appropriate to put the blame on Adam's agent here. Granted, agents have screwed up in the past and will screw up in the future.

But still, they are the ones who often know the guest's schedule way better than the guest itself. :lol:

EDIT: David, why do you type faster than me? :YAHOO:

Edited by Queen_Sindel

It's nice to see that you believe this "trusted third party" so much. But I am sure you understand most people on here are quite weary about such statements.

Nearly everyone has heard some stories about guests or possible cancellations before from dealers, wanna be agents, people "in the know", people who "know someone who know someone" - that's how rumours start, and they often don't come true.

I'm not saying you are lying.

But I don't think it's appropriate to put the blame on Adam's agent here. Granted, agents have screwed up in the past and will screw up in the future.

But still, they are the ones who often know the guest's schedule way better than the guest itself. ;)

EDIT: David, why do you type faster than me? :blink:

This trusted third party apart from being a dear friend acts as a go-between. She has passed messages between Adam and me a few times. I can understand you being wary, I was at first but Adam himself confirmed that the messages do get passed on and that it was him replying.

I have no reason to lie about how I knew. I'm just as disappointed not to be seeing Adam again.

For Showmasters events yes, but both do have a rather well known track records cancelling other organisers' events as well.

Oh yes Biehn cancelled at least twice in European countries last year. We'll see what happens this year.

But I think the world record of cancellations still owns to Terry Farell :YAHOO:

I know Adam has cancelled other organisers events due to work.

He is scheduled to be in the UK again next year but you never know if he'll be able to make it, must be a busy man.

I learned a long time ago not to put everything on one guest attending a con/event in case they cancel and you get disappointed. Its best if you are going to see more than one person then hopefully you'll get to see someone you want. Know this is not always easy i have myself travelled abroad to see one guest who cancelled and it cost me a fortune.

Edited by buffy2k