Latest Guest Announcement - Mercedes McNab

showmasters

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cool! I've been waiting for her to come to the UK, i have my playboy ready!

I know Charisma carpenter was abit embarassed about signing PB, but she did...real quick!

However Tia Carrare wouldnt sign hers for me. Said she wouldnt even sign it for her mum, but she was very nice about it, and not angry. Funny how they dont mind posing when offered money, but after they'd rather forget about it!

Oh well. Hopeing Mercedes will sign!

she had a playboy... better check ebay. heheh.. ive got pic of me and her together. wonder if i can get her to sign it.

Ive never seen anyone guests sign there playboys, guess they dont mind getting it out but doesnt like to sign tgem lol

I have a few PB's that I have got signed by various guests and I have never had anyone refuse (yet). I find that if you are polite and don't ask them to sign the inside the magazine (get them to sign the cover) it's usually not a problem. Although I do expect my luck to run out at some point

• 2 weeks later...

Mercedes was lovely, but who was her assistant saturday? Felt a bit sorry for her she seemed so lost. Most of the time if you see a guest who isn't signing then the person who is there assistant for the day is chatting and keeping them occupied. But everytime i walked past mercedes and even when I was in the cue for Amber, she was sat there looking so bored and her assistant was just loking so uninterested it was unreal. Ok for all I know maybe she didn't want him to talk to her, but then they could both at least have tried to look like they were happy to be there. All this ofcourse is only how I saw it otheres may have seen it differently.

Mercedes was lovely, but who was her assistant saturday? Felt a bit sorry for her she seemed so lost. Most of the time if you see a guest who isn't signing then the person who is there assistant for the day is chatting and keeping them occupied. But everytime i walked past mercedes and even when I was in the cue for Amber, she was sat there looking so bored and her assistant was just loking so uninterested it was unreal. Ok for all I know maybe she didn't want him to talk to her, but then they could both at least have tried to look like they were happy to be there. All this ofcourse is only how I saw it otheres may have seen it differently.

I'm not sure but I think her assistant on Saturday was David B.

• Moderators

A very strange thing to read to be honest.

As far as I was concerned (and she was too from what she said) I had a great day, and I wasn't 'uninterested' in the slightest. Mercedes was very sweet and had a great sense of humour, and I feel very lucky to have worked with her.

Regarding chatting all day and keeping them occupied - that's far from the case. Guests vary from extremely chatty to not at all, and everything in between. Some read papers, some read books, some use their PDAs all day when they're not busy. Trust me, there's all types.

In the end, I see no reason to force conversation or whatever - if a guest wants to talk, they will. I've sat with other guests who were far harder to talk to than Mercedes. Sometimes they like to chill and just sit there and have a break, and that's certainly no problem with me or any other guest assistant. We respect their wishes.

As for trying to look happy to be there - do you want me to just sit there and randomly smile all day? I don't mean that to be rude, but again it's a very strange thing to read. Ask the crew who worked around me, and those who I talked to about working with Mercedes etc, and you'll find I was far from unhappy!

I got an autograph, I had a photo shoot, and she was always nice to me when I saw her. I got thanked for keeping her entertained, and as far as I'm concerned it was one of my favourite crewing experiences with a guest. I'm sorry if it didn't look so great from your position.

• Moderators

We were fine - tired but fine. I hope she had a great weekend as I certainly did. I was lucky!

cat in boots - assuming you looked in that area a fair few times, I would guess you probably could have caught Alexei Sayle reading a newspaper at one point or another? As he was on my other side, I'd just like to give that as another example of what happens sometimes.

As for looking 'really miserable' - well, in the end as long as I'm polite to people, take their photos when they ask, and talk to the guest when they want to .. I think how I looked is fairly low on my priority list, and the same can probably be said for most crew.

We're there to offer a good friendly service, which is hopefully what I did, and not to worry about looking happy to people at the end of queues. If that's the only vaguely negative comment someone has, I did a good job :P

Saw Mercedes sunday, she was very nice indeed. Even signed the playboy mag.

Later i saw her and amber walking round the arcade, and they even went into the Shoe Zone.

Just goes to show even people with lots of money shop in the sheo zone!

i have to say i wasnt even remotely interested in who was sitting next to mercedes, i couldnt tell you if it was male or female or even human.

most of the staff are helpful and friendly, especially the woman taking the numbered tickets at jeff cohen, not the one taking the money, she was rude as always.

As far as signing PB at CM goes, the only person I've come across that refuses to sign it at CM is Denise Crosby. She posed twice around the start of Trek:TNG, might even have been before then. Apparently if you get her at a 'non-family' show like I guess a Trekkie love-fest, then you're OK, but shopping mall.. nope.

Kristy Swanson will only sign the cover, and won't sign prints of inside shots.

Charisma told me she had no hangups about signing her copy, she loves the way it came out, and happily signed any shot you wanted.

Why anybody would want Tia Carrere's copy signed I'm not sure... not the greatest celeb layout they ever did, (better than Bai-'I'm in Revenge of the Sith, oh no, I've been cut out for doing this' Ling, but thats not saying much.

Now if we got Elle Macpherson to do CM.... :poki:

When I walked past Mercedes on Saturday and saw DavidB sat next to her I just though.. That is one lucky bloke! :wub:

I met Mercedes on the Friday, and she was just as awesome as the first time I met her a couple of years back. Of course I had the "typical what do I say?" problem when going up to meet her that I always seem to get with certain guests if you know what I mean :poki:

As far as signing PB at CM goes, the only person I've come across that refuses to sign it at CM is Denise Crosby. She posed twice around the start of Trek:TNG, might even have been before then. Apparently if you get her at a 'non-family' show like I guess a Trekkie love-fest, then you're OK, but shopping mall.. nope.

Her PB was a long time before TNG - early, early 80s. They reprinted the pictures when TNG came out. I've heard she isn't keen on signing it - I get the impression from interviews she regrets doing it. From what I understand it was just a random shoot - she wasn't famous at the time, and was struggling for work - and it was just to get a bit of money through the door - probably not a time she looks back on with fondness!

As for others, word is that Claudia Christian is quite happy to sign her PB

Claudia 'is quite happy'? Heck at the last, I think Manc CM, with Lance and Malcolm, she had a small pile of them at her table, with 8*10 outtakes! Even told me how much she was paid for the layout!

Lots of starlets regret doing PB soon after the cheque has cashed, some Playmates start publicly 'regretting' posing for Playboy once it becomes clear to them that they won't get Playmate of the Year, even after submitting initial shots whilst still underage, AND getting a ludicrous boob job... and doing the rounds initially saying how great PB is, how nice everyone is blah blah.