Prison Break Season 4 *no spoilers*

DavidB

• Moderators

pbs4af4.jpg

As US Pace is only 1 night before the UK now, you can discuss everything in the same topic.

I'm sure people are sensible enough to wait a day until reading if necessary.

But no spoilers for future episodes please.

The show isn't discussed much on here anymore, but I've made this just in case anyone wants to.

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Season Three being so small and disjointed to some viewers didn't help. I have started a thread about the first two episodes, so I won't put anything here except that I think people will start talking about it again.

Just watched it, was awesome. Was so shocked when Whistler got shot.

Best line has to be "Did you eat some bad mexican?

There have been internet rumours for some weeks now that one, or possibly more big characters would die very early.

• Moderators

Don't worry, I just moved the relevant posts to here. Easy enough :grump:

At least this topic might be fairly active if we have a whole season discussion here. It tends to work for stuff like Smallville etc on here.

I know we have a PB section but it was created because Lane was attending an event.

I thought this opener was pretty silly on the whole. I know PB has never exactly been based around gritty realism but some of the things in this just went too far. All the assinations at the start just made me think of season 5 of 24 and was it just me or does the whole thing have a late A-Team vibe to it now?!

Lasering the tattoos was pretty dumb as well, I've never had any lasered off but if it feels anything like having a fresh one done I doubt I'd be wearing any tight fitting jumpers for a day or two!

• Moderators

I think the crazyness of the beginning was necessary to wipe the slate clean so to speak, mainly for two reasons - the f*cked up TV season we had last time, and SWC's return. A lot of shows are re-booting this time round, and PB has kinda done that.

But I think it's a good thing. The characters need to be together, and I don't think re-doing a prison breakout type deal was a good idea in S3 regardless of the difference in style.

Hopefully they can find their footing and just get on with it now really. I'm liking it enough to still watch it. I felt more comfortable watching those two episodes than I did S3 because it didn't really feel like a sub-par rehash. I can deal with dumb stuff if it means it leads to a good storyline and season.

I think I'll carry on watching it, if for no other reason than just to see where they go with it. I guess my problem is for a series called Prison Break not to include a prison break just seems a bit weird.

I guess I never really got on with all the political conspiracy stuff because I think its something other shows do better. It might sound silly to say but I find the whole "The Company" thing more believable in Heroes! The concept of season one was great, OK it wasn't always that easy to believe but the pace of the storyline kept things going.

I think the key is T-Bag, he just wasn't in S3 enough and when he was he spent too much time pretending to be a lackey, albeit one with evil designs. Knepper is the best actor in the series and by far and away he plays the best character so I hope he'll be in it a lot more, the double episode seemed to suggest so. The bad Mexican line was classic.

Of course my slight downer could just be because they killed Gretchen off early doors, she made that programme very worth tuning in to!

• Moderators

Yeah my main issue with Season 3 was probably the treatment of TBag actually, rather than anything else. Mainly because he's my favourite character, so to see him take a back seat was a bit annoying! Though I did like where he ended up by the end of the season, so I was looking forward to seeing him in charge .. but they took that away from me too :YAHOO:

All of the stuff with 'The Company' was ok in earlier seasons because it didn't really matter a huge amount. It was there, but only just. Now it's the main thing, which is a weird dynamic but necessary and logical I think. Did I just say something in PB is logical? Hmm lol

Did you watch both episodes? Just something you said there makes it sound like you didn't. Maybe I'm reading it wrong.

• Moderators

Well you can rest easy now. The beauty that is Gretchen, and her evil pouty face with stunning eyes and .. erm, sorry I'm going off track .. yes, she's still around, with her hair all wet and looking tortured :blush:

Just like with Kellerman in S2 - if you don't see it happen, it usually hasn't :WINCE:

Though at least she's still in the damn show - stupid Kellerman pissed off to Private Practice! Why couldn't he have done a show that got cancelled? Stupid Greys Anatomy spin off!!

I'm really glad this thread is here because the whole chatting about shows has been missing in my life! lol

Anyway I loved these eps and agree that PB is back with a bang. I know it wasn't totally realistic and a couple of things were glossed over but mmmmmmmmmmmm the boys (and Grethchen and Sarah for the males out there) are back. ;)

Oh and I have to have a quick perv.......the lasering of the tattoo was crap but if it means we get Went in something a little more revealing I'm willing to overlook it! :WINCE:

• Moderators

;) well let's be fair, I think I lost all expectations of PB presenting 'realistic' in errr .. episode 1 of the first season? :P

So I do wonder why some people are suddenly like OMG THAT WAS SO STUPID! .. have they been watching the same show as me? :WINCE:

But then I am perfectly fine watching shows about black smoke coming out of woods and killing people, so I clearly have no issues accepting things .. lol

I think for me the first series was far fetched but in a I'm willing to go along with it kind of way, a bit like 24. Since then though its steadily moved towards far fetched in the most unbelievable way possible and is now bordering on farce.

I only think its a shame they cant recast Kenneth Williams and Benard Breslaw as Michael and Lincoln!

• Moderators

I was a little worried when they pulled the plug on the op, and I thought 'oh no, it's Season 2 all over again!' when they started running.

I know the part where Michael drove up in a taxi and conveniently offered everything up was a little silly, but at least it got them back on track.

My favourite part was the Mahone/Linc stuff. That actually felt very convincing, and does a good job of getting them on the same wavelength.