C14 Cosplay NEWS

Ladyd

Due to unforseen Circumstances Showmasters are not able to hold a Cosplay Masquerade at C14. However because of this i have managed to arrange a competition online.

How will this go ahead i hear you say, well...

It will be for Saturday only, my appolagies go out to all of you who were only attending the sunday for cosplay, still there's always the next event.

I will require NO reference pictures & NO music, Just YOU and/or your group in full costume plus a contact e-mail address.

You will only be able to sign up at the event in full costume, photos will be taken for detail at the event posted online for the public to chooses the winner/s after the event.

the voting will take place in the cosplay area and you can link to it from anywhere and get people to vote for you, most votes win in each catagory ect... the voting will have a deadline date and results will be posted on the cosplay area, The winners will be e-mailed for address details and prizes will be posted to them.

JUST BECAUSE WE CAN'T HAVE A MASQUERADE AT THE EVENT DOESN'T MEAN WE CAN'T HAVE A COMPETITION AT ALL :P

all you need to do is ask the orgaisation booth on the day where the cosplay signing area is and they'll point you in the right direction, i will be taking applicants through out the entire day.

if you have any suggestions or questions please let me know in a comment below.

Jackie x

Hmmm at least there is still a compotition, how will anyone know who we are cosplaying as if we don't have to bring in refference pictures??? that is what cosplay is about isn't it? cosplaying as a character from a TV show or something???

well you can bring one if you want to show people BUT i was going to get the pictures online as it's an online competition and place them next to your photo so they can see the similarity ect...and then vote.

Hmmm at least there is still a compotition, how will anyone know who we are cosplaying as if we don't have to bring in refference pictures??? that is what cosplay is about isn't it? cosplaying as a character from a TV show or something???

well you can bring one if you want to show people BUT i was going to get the pictures online as it's an online competition and place them next to your photo so they can see the similarity ect...and then vote.

Hmm fair enough^_^ should save me the trouble in getting a picture then lol.

Wont this mean that whoever has the most friends/ family voting will win and it wont have anything to do with how good the costume is.

Technically yes BUT this can easily just be for the Audience Fav, but as i'm taking pictures i can get a couple of judges to vote over e-mail.

Awww this is sad news Jackie but atleast some sort of cosplay competition is still being held which is great news! I may be entering this one depends if I get my costume finished in time. Still haven't started my jacket....oops.

i know how you feel but yes atleast we are still having somekind of competition atleast. and about the coat, i need to get my Alice one done for resident evil 3 eventually.

I think I've seen three different spellings of competition in this thread. Fantastic.

Either way - what was the unforeseen circumstance that caused the cancellation?

I unfortunatly don't not known to the official reason but i think it may have something to do with available space. Don't quote me on that though.

I think I've seen three different spellings of competition in this thread. Fantastic.

I unfortunatly don't not known to the official reason but i think it may have something to do with available space. Don't quote me on that though.

So they haven't told the person who is meant to be organising costume things what the reason was? They just cancelled it?

LOL!

Even though there are hardly any guests?!

Sephy, you can still judge but it'll be done over e-mail once i got it sorted.

I know it bugs people that i have'nt an explination to WHY the masquerade isn't happening on the day, on a stage, infront of an audience, BUT there is still a competition and that's all that really matters, it's just not at the venue, remember the venue is a shopping center and NOT a hired airhanger hall like the rest of the events, so i belive it really is just a matter of available space the center is willing to give.

looks like the number of guests have gone up finally and yey doug bradlys back, he's a darling :blush:

on a down side, looks like i won't get my Alice done in time as money isn't being kind to me this month, so hopefully it'll be ready for the next cosplay i do. now i just have to think what i'm going to dress as...possibly black cat...hmmm i have to re attatch fur.

Edited by Ladyd

Please excuse my ignorance, but having read through your statement and everyone else's replies, I found your information confusing. Initially you say there will be no Cosplay competition, then you say there is on Saturday? Then lots of information about sending in emails etc.,

Can you please tell me, is the competition still on for Saturday at the event?

Please excuse my ignorance, but having read through your statement and everyone else's replies, I found your information confusing. Initially you say there will be no Cosplay competition, then you say there is on Saturday? Then lots of information about sending in emails etc.,

You have to email the entries.

Admitedly they do confuse the issue. The thing is there is NO MASQUERADE. In other words you don't prance about in front of judges. So wear your costume if you like but in order to be considered for a prize you email a photo of your costume (As you wear it) and a photo of the character in the same costume.

Admitedly they do confuse the issue. The thing is there is NO MASQUERADE. In other words you don't prance about in front of judges. So wear your costume if you like but in order to be considered for a prize you email a photo of your costume (As you wear it) and a photo of the character in the same costume.

NOOOOOOOOOOOO....ok half right. from the person that doing this let me set it straight.

You come to the venue in costume.

You sign up at the venue for the online competition (in costume only),

Your e-mail details will be taken on the day along with a photo of you in costume.

Registration will be ALL DAY from venue opening time to the venue closing time. Just ask the operations booth where the cosplay sign up place is and they'll point you in the right direction.

The pictures will be placed online here in the cosplay area to be judged by you and everyone you know or can get hold of (a link will also be placed in the main forum and the facebook group)

after 1 week of voting the winners will be announced for each catagory, they will be contacted by e-mail for their postal details and their prizes will be poasted out to them.

any questions?

NOOOOOOOOOOOO....ok half right. from the person that doing this let me set it straight.

Your e-mail details will be taken on the day along with a photo of you in costume.

Registration will be ALL DAY from venue opening time to the venue closing time. Just ask the operations booth where the cosplay sign up place is and they'll point you in the right direction.

The pictures will be placed online here in the cosplay area to be judged by you and everyone you know or can get hold of (a link will also be placed in the main forum and the facebook group)

after 1 week of voting the winners will be announced for each catagory, they will be contacted by e-mail for their postal details and their prizes will be poasted out to them.

any questions?

any questions?

Thanks for that. Are the changing booths being set up again?

Will it be just sufficient to hand over a photo on the day of registration, or will I still have to send one via email?

Is there an email address to send the photo to?

If not, how do I put my picture on the Cosplay site?

And, where do I go to look at the photos to make my vote?

Its all a lot more complicated than setting up at Milton Keynes don't you think?

Considering the huge amount of room at the mall, and that Cosplay doesn't really take up that much room, I'm sure some space could have been allocated.

any questions?

Thanks for that. Are the changing booths being set up again?

Will it be just sufficient to hand over a photo on the day of registration, or will I still have to send one via email?

Is there an email address to send the photo to?

If not, how do I put my picture on the Cosplay site?

And, where do I go to look at the photos to make my vote?

Its all a lot more complicated than setting up at Milton Keynes don't you think?

Considering the huge amount of room at the mall, and that Cosplay doesn't really take up that much room, I'm sure some space could have been allocated.

In all honesty, and from past experience of MK costume contests, I don't see this as a bad thing. There really isn't an adequate space in the Centre to put on what the cosplay team want to do. I've been involved in previous contests in MK and they've not worked for me at all. *Ladyd, that was before you were involved.*

Steph x

Hmmmm, still not enough information posted about it.

And if I didn't get what you had to do...

At the end of the day the cosplay booth does take up a lot of space. Especially if it's put in a place with a lot of foot traffic.

In my mind the cosplay didn't work at any CMs. Dressing up and walking around was fine, having all the booths, tables, platforms and stages just didn't work.

It's much better at bigger events that aren't put on in a public place where there is already a stage and space already made avaliable.

You can put on the best show but if it's not in the right place what's the point.

Sephy, you can still judge but it'll be done over e-mail once i got it sorted.

I know it bugs people that i have'nt an explination to WHY the masquerade isn't happening on the day, on a stage, infront of an audience, BUT there is still a competition and that's all that really matters, it's just not at the venue, remember the venue is a shopping center and NOT a hired airhanger hall like the rest of the events, so i belive it really is just a matter of available space the center is willing to give.

looks like the number of guests have gone up finally and yey doug bradlys back, he's a darling :thumbup:

on a down side, looks like i won't get my Alice done in time as money isn't being kind to me this month, so hopefully it'll be ready for the next cosplay i do. now i just have to think what i'm going to dress as...possibly black cat...hmmm i have to re attatch fur.

Unfortunatly, I can't make it. Mess up with my housing benefit means that I'll have to put all avalible money towards the house. My brother is going and would love to judge in my place.