Amazing

showmasters

• Showmasters Admin

Well i am amazed

being a fan of Blakes 7 from when i was 6 years old,

i thought a lot more people out there were also still big fans of this show but maybe not now days ?

with only 110 people attending its a shame that it has not attracted more people out there

well we will all have a great time and for me i wanted to be involved with a Blakes 7 con for years so now my dream is only 7 days away :YAHOO:

i did think that getting Josette Simon make the fans happy and as she never dose events and may never do another event, it just amazing to me, well with this amount of people its going to be a nice fun event were we can all get to know each other :dance:

well i will see you all there and we are going to have a great time

see you all soon

jason :YAHOO:

well I've booked through tenthPlanet, have you counted those tickets?

I emailed 2 friends who also booked as they weren't aware of it so at least I added a couple more.

It will be a great event!

well done!

Edited by Roj Walker

Im not particularly astonished judging by the lack or responses on this part of the forum. And it goes to show what most con/signing goers are into these days if this has 100 people buying tickets in the last 8 months or so? And the hub sells out gold tickets right after john barrowman was announced.

I would have loved to attend this event but money situation just doesnt allow it. There are so many good events and i have to be selective and go to the ones that the majority of us traveling together want to go to.

Blakes 7 was what got me into the whole Sci Fi genre and I have remained a huge fan over the years :P .

Those who know me will know that I don'really collect auto's, often giving away any I get given to people who appreciate them more. However, I am thrilled to be at this event having looked forward to it all year and dragged as many as I can with me!

Looking forward to it :huh: This is THE event for me!!

K

I knew that this part of the forum was virtually dead but I assumed, because the event had not been cancelled, that plenty of tickets had been sold. I imagined a lot of Blake's 7 fans were just not into forum chatting.

As has been said already, a lot (not ALL but a lot) of Showmasters followers & convention goers are in their teens or twenties and are only interested in the current big shows. Nostalgia is not high on their agenda. Any show older than Buffy is not something appealing to them. Get John Barrowman, James Marsters or David Tennant and they will sell out in seconds.

Having said that, I would have thought there would have been enough fans of B7 who would go to Aftermath, especially since it's the best B7 lineup ever amassed. Josette's 1st and last con, Glynis's 1st con, the entire cast together for the 1st time!

Anyway, I know it's not a good outcome for you financially, but hopefully it will make the atmosphere a lot more like Lockdown & less like the busier Chevron. The cocktail party should be outstanding! And hopefully it will allow ALL the main cast members to do photo shoots, and even a group photo shoot?

Well i am amazed

with only 110 people attending its a shame that it has not attracted more people out there

well we will all have a great time and for me i wanted to be involved with a Blakes 7 con for years so now my dream is only 7 days away :lol:

jason :D

Totally agree. It will be a brilliant con though..small is not necessary bad from the "punters" point of view. I know several people who would have come but for date clashes and did the Terry Nation event instead.

We'll have an ace time.

(actually much as I love JB, his presence is going to make The Hub a much less fun experience than this one I think, just from the point of view of numbers and a relatively insane element to his new Torchwood focussed fanbase. Looking forward to this one much more!)

Edited by catfish

Well i am amazed

being a fan of Blakes 7 from when i was 6 years old,

i thought a lot more people out there were also still big fans of this show but maybe not now days ?

well we will all have a great time and for me i wanted to be involved with a Blakes 7 con for years so now my dream is only 7 days away :headscratch:

i did think that getting Josette Simon make the fans happy and as she never dose events and may never do another event, it just amazing to me, well with this amount of people its going to be a nice fun event were we can all get to know each other :P

well i will see you all there and we are going to have a great time

see you all soon

jason :D

Sorry to hear you don't have more attendees, but I think maybe the timing is wrong. When I think back to events like eclipse and lockdown, probably the majority (maybe 70%) of attendees were under 30 and those people won't be very familiar with Blakes 7. If Sky manage to 're-image' Blakes 7 (and assuming it's not bloody awful), then maybe there might be more demard?

Anyway, hope you have a great time!

• Showmasters Admin

thanks for the kind words it will be a nice event :D

i just wish the different B7 factions could have gotten behind this event and forget there differences for one time :o

if we all worked together all the fans would have herd about the event and we could of all had the chance to meet so many guests in one place and share an amazing weekend together

well we tried and lots of you did as well i guess B7 groups have been split for 30 years so its a bit crazy to think i could have changed all this, ho well :huh:

i am going to have a great time and i know the fans will to ;)

so for the fans gong i will see you there :YAHOO:

jason :o

I considered attending, but a number of factors counted against it

Getting to the location by train from where I live (Devon)

lack of a Cheap B&B for one at said location

Other events.

When you listed Blake's 7 and Star Wars together, I thought ok, that's easy I'll do B7 and miss SW. But when SW became TW that became an impossible choice, and what with other events easier for me to get to, I decided not to do either.

One or two of those factors on their own and I could of done it (two months without an event I should of had the money spare for all the extra autographs!) but I have to draw a line somewhere.

Also I don't think the fact this section has been nearly dead half the time encouraged things. IMO you announced too many guests up front, rather then let hype build up over months.

^ True, but I stand by it. It's a one show reunion rather than generic signing where anyone from the genre could turn up. If you'd had one or two a month, that's a lot more activity in the forums. Look at all the replies to the guest annoucements for the first batch.

Then look at Josette and Glynis - the only 'new' guest announcements of importance the only real opportunities to create new buzz.

And in Josette's case, she's been the only one that's really got this event mentioned on other forums. But too late in the day for most of them.

It's also sadly a few years too late for a full reunion :firedevil:

I'm not surprised by the lack of attendees. I'm 30 years old and I don't remember Blake's 7 being broadcast. This is one event I'm just not interested in (no offence to those who are). The majority of the people who attend events are younger than me so they're even less likely to be interested.

I'm not surprised by the lack of attendees. I'm 30 years old and I don't remember Blake's 7 being broadcast. This is one event I'm just not interested in (no offence to those who are). The majority of the people who attend events are younger than me so they're even less likely to be interested.

have to disagree, I'm 29 and have loved blakes 7 since I was 15 so for me this is the cream of conventions, prefer to pay £78 for all these guest than £78 for 2 mins with John Barrowman!!!!

have to disagree, I'm 29 and have loved blakes 7 since I was 15 so for me this is the cream of conventions, prefer to pay £78 for all these guest than £78 for 2 mins with John Barrowman!!!!

I'm 34 and used to enjoy Blakes 7. Unfortunately this convention has come at a time where money is slightly scarce and it was a choice between goiong to this or The Hub and on this occasion Torchwood won. It sounds a great event and I hope everyone enjoys themselves.

My cousins who are in their mid 20s/early 30s love B7 as (I guess inevitably) do my kids. Its just they are not interested in cons.

Its been repeated on sky a fair bit and so forth, so whilst it may not be flavour of the month there are a lot more fans out there..many of whom have been to previous cons and who I would have thought might be interested in Josette and Glynis at least.

thanks for the kind words it will be a nice event :D

i just wish the different B7 factions could have gotten behind this event and forget there differences for one time :huh:

if we all worked together all the fans would have herd about the event and we could of all had the chance to meet so many guests in one place and share an amazing weekend together

well we tried and lots of you did as well i guess B7 groups have been split for 30 years so its a bit crazy to think i could have changed all this, ho well :huh:

i am going to have a great time and i know the fans will to :P

so for the fans gong i will see you there :unsure:

jason :WAVE:

Unfortunately B7 is and has always been the most *politically* complicated fandom in which I have ever been involved..I've been a B7 fan 30 years but I'm afraid some people's personal petty issues seem to take priority sometimes over the show and the fans. Their loss as far as I'm concerned. I believe it is known as cutting off one's nose to spite one's face.

Let's make it the best ever and leave those who don't come spitting with jealously because they missed it! (with apologies to those who would love to come but can't make it)