Guest Rescheduling

showmasters

• Showmasters Admin

Unfortunately due to a change in his schedule, Richard Dreyfuss will no longer be able to appear at Collectormania 14. We have rescheduled his appearance to Collectormania Midlands this November.

Anybody who has purchased a photo shoot for Richard can either roll them over for use at Midlands or get a refund. If you would like a refund please email info@collectormania.com with all your order details.

Showmasters

Agree with KiKi, Have been to all the collectormanias in Milton Keynes and up until this event have thought it was well organised and promoted. Now I just feel they are trying to make as much money as possible and expand, while at the same time seriously lacking in what they are providing us. It's not a charity and we spend a serious amount on these events, the least they can do is give us some guests and dates to work with and help plan, it's 4weeks away and only a third of the guests have been announced and they have cancelled the Thur, I feel very sorry for all the people who have paid for a hotel on the wed night. I undertand that they are working with schedules etc but come on this is the worst I have seen it organised yet.

I cannot believe that we are 3/4 weeks away from this show and there is only ONE guest I want to meet...

Thats not so hard to believe? I've been to all CMs in MK since C4 and missed maybe 3 of them cos there wasnt ONE guest I wanted to meet. Sometimes they got 'em sometimes they don't.

Edited by nicky

I go regardless because its only hour and a half away from me (I drive an hour to uni every day lol) and its a nice break/day out/ time to see friends... saying that, only once has there been a show where I've only met 1 person (I think?) And that was Jon Frakes the most recent time. So it would help to have someone to meet yea, but its not the only reason I go... I'm rambling lol

Come on, lets face it, from nearly everything I heard about the last CM Cov, it died on its rear. Even Brent Spiner wasn't exactly complimentary about it when he was on the radio a day or so later. If anything was going to get people to go, its a big name like Dreyfuss.

Of course that could mean, big queues for Dreyfuss and sod all queues for anyone else, but hey.

• Moderators

Considering how SMs are switching around schedules of events such as Manchester etc, I'd have to say that if the Midlands event "died on its rear" then would they be doing this one?

If they were happy with how it went, and they said they were, then it can't have been that bad. Dreyfuss would do far more business at MK though, so it's a shame.

Considering how SMs are switching around schedules of events such as Manchester etc, I'd have to say that if the Midlands event "died on its rear" then would they be doing this one?

I thought it went surprisingly well and not just guest-wise even though you had Ash, Freddy and a Ghostbuster and 2x STNG cast. MAybe it dies on its rear for Spiner.

Do we have to do anything if we don't want a refund for the photo tickets and just want to roll them over to Midlands? I've purchased 2 of them but I really want the photo, the other was for my mum, she's never been to one before, I purchased photo tickets for her to pose with Richard and Denise Crosby :YAHOO:. I want to keep my Dreyfuss tickets so I assume anyone who doesn't e-mail the above will be automatically rolled over to CM Midlands?