How to get to Coventry from London?

tlempers

Hi Tom - I don't know if you have booked flights, or even where you can fly from or to, but Birmingham International is much, much closer to Coventry (less than 30 minutes) so it's much cheaper and easier to travel. For any of the London airports you will need to connect to someewhere in central London, then to Euston Station, and then a 2-3 hour journey to Coventry. If you can fly to Birmingham rather than London (even if it's £30-£40 more expensive for the flights) it will still be cheaper and easier over all.

Anyway - if you have already booked London flights this is pretty meaningless. :no: In which case, you can check Nicky's link, or Trainline, which can sometimes be slightly cheaper ....

Either way, I would definitely take the train rather than the bus, as SM have laid on free buses from Coventry train station to the gig.

Thanks for the answers!

I am also planning to go to Autographica, so I will spend a week in London and then on Saturday I would like to go to Collectormania Midlands.

It's about time for me to go to England again, last time I visited it was 21 October last year...

If you don't book in advance with plenty of tim, a train can be pretty expensive.

It may be worth checking out www.nationalexpress.com for a coach down.

A £1.30 bus fare from the city centre leaving every few minutes or if you're cheap you can go to the train station and get the shuttle bus from there.

Edited by Sam Przyborowski

Trains from London to Coventry take just over one hour. They run every 30 minutes (less on sunday) but you've got to get to Euston in the first place which could be an adventure in itself!

Don't forget, a lot of engineering work takes place on the railways over the weekends so you could find yourself with a replacement coach instead - check in advance at http://www.nationalrail.co.uk/ - don't be one of these passengers who moans their head off but didn't bother to check in the first place!