Sportsmania 3 website?

terrier26

Have to admit I'm slightly dubious if this event is going to go ahead. I'm pretty sure SM said the first event ran at a loss and from what I saw on the Saturday at Sportsmania 2 I can't imagine they did any better the second time round.

The fact the event is also scheduled to take place at the same time as another Showmasters event isn't that encouraging either. Unfortunately I think the lack of variety at the second show meant that the show just wasn't attractive enough to make people want to go which is a shame because I think there was a lot of potential in this show. Maybe one Sportsmania a year is enough rather than two.

I'm sure there was no lack of effort on SM part and to run a second show when the first didn't do well financially showed a lot of commitment by them but it would be nice to know one way or another if this event has been cancelled.

I personally think they need a big name draw! I am not refering to the likes of Pele but more home grown talent!

I am sure the people would be interested in members from Team GB of the Olympics.

Failing that they could always get the one guy that I have requested for since my first attendance to Autographica a few years ago - Bobby Charlton.

As far as Im aware Bobby Charlton wont sign for a fee. He'll sign TTM and IP if you see him about for free bur doesnt like his autograph charged for.

I also doubt this event will take place. With the delays and lateness organising CM14 I dont hold out much hope for Sportsmania 3 at all, which is a shame.

As far as Im aware Bobby Charlton wont sign for a fee. He'll sign TTM and IP if you see him about for free bur doesnt like his autograph charged for.

I also doubt this event will take place. With the delays and lateness organising CM14 I dont hold out much hope for Sportsmania 3 at all, which is a shame.

I have heard that, when I spoke to his brother he advised me to send it to Man U ('66 finals programme) or to go there match day and try and catch him to get him to sign it.

Well the money could always be given to a charity, granted they won't make money out of just him but I think he would be a big draw so you would cash in on others.