Robert Pattinson with us at Collectormania-GMEX

showmasters

• Showmasters Admin

SJ - I had the same thought!! Then I read G-Mex and Collectormania, and thought he'd been announced for THEM instead... Then I opened the thread and relaxed a little...

Lol I just read the first couple of words and got all excited and clicked on it, then by the time it opened, I thought... "huh??" and then read it... *sighs*

SJ

x

Ooooh sinister lol :D

gmex.jpg

There must be some in the images gallery, I'm sure that awesome one of him and Gemma laughing is there (also known as the second best pic in the world ever after Simones pic on David Anders back) * runs off to look*

Yay I found it! Sorry Gem but it's awesome.

Gemma.jpg

Edited by Big_Pants

Ooooh sinister lol :P

gmex.jpg

There must be some in the images gallery, I'm sure that awesome one of him and Gemma laughing is there (also known as the second best pic in the world ever after Simones pic on David Anders back) * runs off to look*

Yay I found it! Sorry Gem but it's awesome.

Gemma.jpg

mmmmm methinks I know who took that photo.....reminds me of the day I bumped into (almost literally) young Robert, outside a bank opposite the Texas Embassy cantina in Cockspur Street. He'd not been released on the public just then as it was before the release of Goblet of Fire. He was amazed I'd recognised him, but I explained I'd shot him at a Film Premiere a couple of weeks before.

We spent about 20 mins outside that bank chatting generally and about Harry P. I'd told him that probably in the not too distant future he'd probably end up in front of his adoring public at something like Collectormania or LFACC. He'd not heard of them and wondered why ANYONE would want to pay for his autograph.

Ah the innocence of youth. Anyway our chat ended when some idiot backed his car into a motorbike parked outside the bank, the driver got out the car and came over to us and said "you didnt see that, right, OK".

We said our farewells and fled the scene.

Then not many months after, my prophecy came true and Rob appeared at Collectormania 9 in 2006 and he remembered our little chat and the bike shunt!

Now he's about to become a global superstar when Twiglight gets released - I like to think me reassuringly fatherly chat had something to do with his rise to fame (...oh yeah...)

I found this quote on IMDB.com:

"I went to one of these signing conventions. [in '06] It was one of the most interesting experiences I've had. It was so strange that people would pay for autographs. You keep thinking you should do a little dance for them as well or something." - Robert Pattinson

I assumed he could be referring to this Collectormania thing :)

Edited by Aakerman

"I went to one of these signing conventions. [in '06] It was one of the most interesting experiences I've had. It was so strange that people would pay for autographs. You keep thinking you should do a little dance for them as well or something." - Robert Pattinson

OMG, I just love that quote!! :) He's too adorable. I'd really really love to meet him. :) So fingers crossed!

Edited by amy-s-keeper

• 2 months later...