Guest Cancellation

i knew that would happen every guest i really want meet gets cancelled. But i will still go. Anyone want to take bets on Adam Baldwin cancelling at MK as hes the only one i want to meet there and just book my hotel. Any ho at least there are some other good guests. :YAHOO:

damn that sucks i wanted to ask him some questions about the new star trek

will he be replaced by another guest or is it a bit late, i know he was getting flown in especially for it

i think we should all pray to the Lords of Kobol that Mr Brendon doesn't cancel

(Bows Head)

SO SAY WE ALL!

i knew that would happen every guest i really want meet gets cancelled. But i will still go. Anyone want to take bets on Adam Baldwin cancelling at MK as hes the only one i want to meet there and just book my hotel. Any ho at least there are some other good guests. :P

the chances of Adam cancelling are always high lol

never watched Stargate but from what i've herd and read you guys post he sounds like a bigish character

i know i asked this earlier but is there going to be another guest taking his place?

Yeah, he was the chief medical officer on Atlantis and one of the main characters for a few seasons. He's just beein in a few eps for the last 2 seasons but he's a great guests. Hilarious and loves chatting to fans, plus he was born in Scotland (his character is Scottish and I know from experience that he gets a kick out of meeting Scottish fans! :blush:). He'd have been great at the party. Hopefully they'll get him over for another CMG :)

lol now I really am just going for one guest!!

xxxx

Paul was the one guest I was going for. Sadly as the Glasgow guests are all repeat Showmasters guests (and most of them have done signings in Glasgow before), I have met them many times before. Paul I had met, but was going to meet again because he's such a nice guy. I will get photos with a couple of guests I've never had professional photos with, and go to a few talks, but no autographs this time. Not even any reason for me to go for the second day...

Dissapointed does describe how I feel right now he was the one person I was so excited about.

He probaly isnt coming because sga was just cancelled and doesnt want to be hounded by fans.

Canncelled WTF!!! Where you get this from!! Not on ScifiWire!!

Dissapointed does describe how I feel right now he was the one person I was so excited about.

He probaly isnt coming because sga was just cancelled and doesnt want to be hounded by fans.

MGM apparently want to make straight to dvd movies. Thats all I could find out, and was told by two friends. Season 5 will be the last season, from what I gather.

:D

LLAP ;)

Edited by zebredy

MGM apparently want to make straight to dvd movies. Thats all I could find out, and was told by two friends. Season 5 will be the last season, from what I gather.

:hathor:

LLAP :borg:

Yeah they are doing the same thing they did with Stargate just 5 seasons earlier.

there are petitions

going around

The two relevent posts from scifi wire

Atlantis Movie Green-Lighted

SCI FI Channel announced that it has given a green light to a two-hour movie based on its original series Stargate Atlantis.

SCI FI will air the as-yet-untitled film as a world premiere before its release on DVD by MGM.

Annoucement of the new film follows similar telefilms based on SCI FI's Battlestar Galactica and two straight-to-DVD Stargate SG-1 movies, Stargate: The Ark of Truth and Stargate: Continuum.

The Atlantis movie will be written by executive producers Joseph Mallozzi and Paul Mullie, who also serve as the series' show runners.

The movie is set to follow the fifth and final season of Stargate Atlantis in January 2009.

"We're excited to tell Atlantis stories on a bigger canvas," said Brad Wright and Robert C. Cooper, co-creators of SG-1 and Atlantis, in a statement. "The successes of the two original Stargate [direct-to-video] movies The Ark of Truth and Continuum have shown us the opportunities that the movie format offers. We have plans for both SG-1 and Atlantis to remain vital as we expand the franchise." Atlantis will air a milestone 100th episode in January 2009.

Stargate Universe Coming

SCI FI Channel announced that it has given a green light to produce Stargate Universe, the third series in the long-running SF franchise, with production on the MGM Television Entertainment show set to begin in early 2009.

Brad Wright and Robert Cooper, co-creators of Stargate SG-1 and Stargate Atlantis, will serve as executive producers and writers on the new show. (Atlantis ends its five seasons next year but will continue in a two-hour telefilm.)

"SCI FI has enjoyed tremendous success with Stargate SG-1 and Stargate Atlantis, and we're proud to be the home of the new Stargate Universe," Mark Stern, executive vice president, original programming for SCI FI, said in a statement. "Universe will continue the Stargate legacy of vibrant storylines and compelling adventures, but will re-invent the format in a whole new way."

After unlocking the mystery of the Stargate's ninth chevron, a team of explorers travels to an unmanned starship called the Destiny, launched by the Ancients at the height of their civilization as a grand experiment set in motion but never completed.

What starts as a simple reconnaissance turns into a never-ending mission as the Stargate Universe crew discovers that the ship is unable to return to Earth and that they must now fend for themselves aboard the Destiny.

The crew will travel to the far reaches of the universe, connecting with each of the previously launched Stargates, thus fulfilling the Destiny's original mission.

Stargate Universe will debut as a two-hour movie event on SCI FI. Following its premiere, Universe will assume a regular hourly slot in the summer of 2009.

I do not think there much chance of saving Atlantis as they seem to want to go in a new direction.

Paul started filming his lastest SGA episode 'Identity' this week, including working all day on friday (22rd Aug) and would need to be in the studio Monday morning. He has never missed a show before, and would never miss a show for any other reasons. In May in fact, he finshed shooting friday afternoon, got on a plane right from the studio and flew in, coming straight to the event in Milton Keynes directly from the airport.

Both he and Showmasters worked really hard to make it work, unfortunately they just couldn't make the schedule fit and filming commitments come first. Paul's already said he's open to come back in December if fans want to see him and he's available.