• Dexter
    • Smallville
    • Grey's Anatomy
    • Skins
  2. 2. section 2

• Bones
    • Supernatural
    • Star Wars
    • Crime Con NCIS/CSI's/and another show ?
    • Chuck
    • Aliens trilogy
    • House MD
  3. 3. section 3

• Twilight
    • Star Trek
    • Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles
    • Lost
    • James Bond
    • Ugly Betty
    • Transformers

Did spot some absentees though

Primeval

Section 1 - DEXTER!!!!! Although Harry Potter would be great and I'd definately go, Dexter would be a higher priority. I didn't pick any of the others because I've either not watched it or think they are covered elsewhere. (I would however attend a 24 con if you got Keifer!!!!!!) I would also attend a Buffy/Angel con as long as the guests were ones I've not met before at other shows.

Section 2 - BONES. It was a very hard choice between that and the crime con. I think they should be put together but only if you could get a major cast member (or 5 :D ) from each show. I would also hope and pray that things like Cold Case/Numb3rs and expecially Criminal Minds was included. I would also attend a House MD con.

Section 3 - TWILIGHT!!!!!!!!!!! It has to be. I think if you took this poll again after the film comes out in Jan you would see a very different result. I feel that Lost/Star Trek and Bond are either covered elsewhere or that we've seen so many guests come through the shows already that it would be a bit tired. I certainly wouldn't attend a con where I've already met half the guests attending. (Except Harry Potter)

I also agree with Andy.... A Primeval con would be FANTASTIC. I know my whole family would attend along with most of my kids friends and their families!! :D

Anyway, it all looks very exciting and i'm really looking forward to seeing what you come up with (as long as it includes TWILIGHT!! :D )

Edited by Gerrysgirl

• Replies 338
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree that genre conventions would appeal a lot more to me than sticking 2 TV shows together. For example, a horror con with the right guests would be great. As would a cartoon convention with voice-actors of various shows (Transformers, He-Man, Thundercats etc.). On the other hand, when you split a con between 2 or more movies/tv shows, how is it any different from a regular Collectormania?

Nothing in group-1 interested me.

Only Star Wars & Aliens from group-2 are of interest to me.

For group-3, I would love another LOST con, or a Terminator con (covering the films & TV show).

I have to ask though...where is The X-Files? One of the biggest shows of it's time...

work your magic again and make him bring his fiancée and vampire relatives :thumbup:

Yes...bring Jackson Rathbone for me pppppllllleeeeeaaaasssseeeeee

Aaaaw Hannah! The camel I got to ride in Jordan ... I named him Jasper. I rode Jasper ;)

I'll let you keep Jasper though .... I love him like a brother only :D

Tara xx

work your magic again and make him bring his fiancée and vampire relatives :thumbup:

Yes...bring Jackson Rathbone for me pppppllllleeeeeaaaasssseeeeee

Aaaaw Hannah! The camel I got to ride in Jordan ... I named him Jasper. I rode Jasper ;)

I'll let you keep Jasper though .... I love him like a brother only :D

Tara xx

I love it Tara, Jasper the camel!!! LOL!!! I bet Hannah would love a ride on Jasper....

I just keep having thoughts about Edward...Let me know when you've read Breaking Dawn and we'll discuss.

Forgot to add - after January 9th there would definately be a different result. The fangirls are going to go insane over Twilight!!!

Edited by Persnickety

I have to ask though...where is The X-Files? One of the biggest shows of it's time...

yes this is true and i cant believe i didnt think to ask that. I would definately love an xfiles con as im sure many others would......

especially since it is in everyones minds with the latest film release (very good btw, dont listen to the reviews!!)

plus a lot of the x files cast have moved on and done other shows eg Mitch Pileggi - Stargate Atlantis, Nicholas Lea was in CSI and im sure there are many many more!

• Showmasters Admin

hi all

thanks for helping

To help us get the real picture of which con to run it would help for every one on here to tell your friends that might come to an event to come on here and vote this will give us a good idea of what cons to run in 2009

Thanks for all your help with this

jason :thumbup:

For me it's always got to be about either Buffy or Angel. I'm just still not all that interested in anything else yet, especially If people are expecting me to cough up money for a paying event such as a convention.:thumbup:

Edited by SilverSpike

mmm very hard to choose,:thumbup:

a crime con would be great though,

NCIS

Cold case

Law and order

Without a trace

Criminal minds

CSI

etc etc lol i do love US crime shows

I'm with this idea!!! But Please please get some NCIS cast!!! Pleeeeeeeeeeeeeease!!!

To be honest, none of the themes from the first and last categories really excite me to the point that, were any such events announced, I simply would HAVE to go no matter the circumstance.

The second category, however, is full to the brim with prospective events I would gladly attend :D Chiefly, I would be most excited for a Bones, Chuck, Supernatural or House M.D. convention. I also think the Crime con could be an excellent concept, eventhough I'm no fan proper of the CSI's, but as others have said you could broaden it to include shows such as, for instance, Bones.

Edited by Adeline

I have went for

Buffy/Angel

Crime

Star Trek

I think all of those would be best as they are and on their own rather than mixed together as they cover a lot shows and guests. I also think that you have to becareful mixing shows in a convention style event as you could very easily lose the spirit of the convention.

However, and I know I will be in trouble for saying it, and I mean no offence to Jason and all those working hard for these events; but I feel that before any more conventions and new shows are considered there needs to be a lot more work on the consitancy of the current shows. I as have a lot of others feel that there may now be too many shows and conventions for the team to cope with. There is a concern that the last few shows haven't had the planning they deserved/needed and as a result the numbers and quality of guests and the shows have decreased.

Edited by Cultman

The poll won't allow me to just vote in one section! I would be interested in an NCIS convention. I realize it will probably get lumped in with other dramas, but if it does, I hope there will be sufficient guests attending to make it worthwhile.

The danger is that if a con relates to multiple shows, and has only one or two guests from each show, then if some guests drop out there is the possibility of ending up with no guests from a particular show!

When guests drop out at the last minute at a con dedicated to just one show this isn't too much of a problem as the remaining guests would still be of interest to those attending, but if for example you had 2 guests from NCIS and those two couldn't come for whatever reason, would you be able to replace them with other guests from the same show, or would you just add whatever guests you could, even if they were from CSI and not from NCIS?