Sign in to follow this  
Mattzo!!!

A question aboot Virtual Queuing....

Mattzo!!!    52

Hey there, i'm new here, as u can probably tell by the fact my posts say 1....And I am goin' to Collectormania 5, which is great, but I have a virtual queuing question. At other events in various places I have visited, I have gotten a picture with celebs, which my mates have took for me, as I am unable, as gifted as I may be :uhoh: , to actually photograph maself with them, now as u stated, no one is allowed to bring friends in for any reason, so how would you suggest I get my picture with them? Grow my arms 1 foot longer, or is there a way around this? Thanking you for your time

TishTosh    0

There will be people at the tables who will probably be happy to take a picture for u..Hope thats helped

Mattzo!!!    52

Yeah, that helped....thanks buddy, u can tell this is gonna be my first Collectormania :P

DavidB    1,955

Or sometimes it's better to ask the person behind u in the queue, every1s friendly enough and usually in the same situation so just ask! no harm in it! ... i've had many times that i'll meet sum1 who's on their own too and so we'll take each other's pics! ;)

Mattzo!!!    52

Ahh, i'll try that....but how do I know some little girl won't be behind me? She wud only get our knees in the picture, or maybe she'd just run off and steal my camera....GAAH!!

billy_bob    0
Hey there, i'm new here, as u can probably tell by the fact my posts say 1....And I am goin' to Collectormania 5, which is great, but I have a virtual queuing question. At other events in various places I have visited, I have gotten a picture with celebs, which my mates have took for me, as I am unable, as gifted as I may be :blink: , to actually photograph maself with them, now as u stated, no one is allowed to bring friends in for any reason, so how would you suggest I get my picture with them? Grow my arms 1 foot longer, or is there a way around this? Thanking you for your time

you might want to re-read the rules on entering the queue. we never said you weren't allowed to bring friends in for any reason. we only ask that your friend obtains a ticket too. the reasons for this are clearly explained in the pinned topics...

"There is strictly one ticket per person. This means each person who goes up to see a guest will need a ticket whether they are getting an autograph or just holding a camera for a friend. This is to prevent queue jumping and keeps it fair for those who were genuinely in the queue first. If Showmasters didn't do this there would be nothing to stop 6 people getting a ticket each whilst queuing then all going to meet the guest under one ticket and giving / selling the other five to people who joined the queue too late. To avoid embarassment please make sure that you get a ticket for everyone who goes up to meet the guest.

You have to be in the queue to get a ticket (we can't give more than one ticket to each person). This also is to prevent queue jumping. "

BB

Mattzo!!!    52

Thanks for that, makes life alot easier for me, and when I said you weren't allowed to bring a friend in for any reason, I meant just ask them to line up with you, even if they have no ticket, to take the picture, as for that rule, it is a very good one, as this rule is not enforced at other conventions I go to.....which makes queue jumping more likely, good going with this virtual queuing rule....makes life alot better for everyone, especially the ones who have tickets :D:P

glad we could help! welcome to the forum matey! and anyone working on the desks will take pics for you, im not the tallest person in the world (possibly the shortest tho) and all you need to do is make sure that they tilt the camera slightly and your faces will be in it! trust me!

Mattzo!!!    52

Thanks betrayed-deagol dude!!! Oh and by the way, while we're on the subject, I have more queries on the whole virtual queuing system, if I have a ticket for say, let's use an example Elijah Wood's queue, and the ticket said 10 or whatever, and I wanted to see someone else, wud the same ticket work for all queues.....what if I miss my number? And how do you get alerted to the fact it is ur number? The main confusing factor is that I ain't sure about this whole virtual queuing thing, and yes, that's after reading the thread answering questions on it....so anyone who can help me out, i'd be eternally grateful :angry::P

TishTosh    0
Thanks betrayed-deagol dude!!! Oh and by the way, while we're on the subject, I have more queries on the whole virtual queuing system, if I have a ticket for say, let's use an example Elijah Wood's queue, and the ticket said 10 or whatever, and I wanted to see someone else, wud the same ticket work for all queues.....what if I miss my number? And how do you get alerted to the fact it is ur number? The main confusing factor is that I ain't sure about this whole virtual queuing thing, and yes, that's after reading the thread answering questions on it....so anyone who can help me out, i'd be eternally grateful :o:lol:

No, each queue that needs it will have its own tickets...When you get to the event the thing to do is go around to all the peoples queues you want to meet, grab a ticket then go get tickets for the others....You can't miss your number...Say you are number 10 and they are now on 40 and under, you could still go in, as long as it is below the number they are up to, you can join the queue...I think there might be announcements on the tanoy but im not too sure...The best way is to go and check the board...It will be around the hall somewhere and will be updated every once in a while...If you get a bit confused during the event then don't be afraid to pop over to the Showmasters information booth and ask a member of staff...They will be happy to help :lol:

Everyone's so lovely at CM.

There was a little girl with a polariod camera at the side of the booths, and she couldn't get a decent photo of Antony Head, so she gave me her camera to take one for her because I was going up to see him.

I gave it back afterwards, of course!

My point is that everyone's willing to help, because we're all after the same thing at the end of the day.

RICE!

Everyone's so lovely at CM.

There was a little girl with a polariod camera at the side of the booths, and she couldn't get a decent photo of Antony Head, so she gave me her camera to take one for her because I was going up to see him.

I gave it back afterwards, of course!

My point is that everyone's willing to help, because we're all after the same thing at the end of the day.

RICE!

thats a heartwarming tale darling! Welcome to the forum!

Deags/Jody

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Shepseskaf    0

Hey Mattzo! i'm new to collectormania too, so maybe we could meet up when we get there and we can take each others pics. as others have said every1 is really friendly, (iv'e noticed this on the forum and are sure it's the same there), so don't worry about a thing. where are you comin from? c ya there then !

vamps!    0

Wow there are some new member down here!!!!!!!!!! Hi all, yeps indeedy everyone is friendly here on this forum and at Collectormania!!!!!!!! If this is going to be your first time you will have a blast!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Feel free to join us all in the general chat area and get to know us, you'll probably find there are people you get on very well with, that you could hook up with at Collectormania!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DavidB    1,955
Wow there are some new member down here

We told 'em they'd be safe from u here :blink::P

vamps!    0
Wow there are some new member down here

We told 'em they'd be safe from u here :blink::P

LOL don't blame ya!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

jenny    0
Hey Mattzo! i'm new to collectormania too, so maybe we could meet up when we get there and we can take each others pics. as others have said every1 is really friendly, (iv'e noticed this on the forum and are sure it's the same there), so don't worry about a thing. where are you comin from? c ya there then !

they aint joking, everyone really is so friendly!

every time your in a queue it goes so quickly cos u can usually talk to the person/people in front or behind u. thats how i usually got my pictures taken cos i was too scared to go up to guests on my own so a friend and i with our two tickets would go up and have a picture taken together, assisted by the nice people in front or behind.

i havent been to any other conventions apart from c3 and c4 so im not sure if the atmosphere is the same there but at those too it was like something entirely different to any other situation. u could get a conversation going with anyone without any difficulty! very fun.

know i havent been of much particular help but i thought i might mention the friendliness! :D

Mattzo!!!    52

Oh yeah, another question to add, what if I got a ticket and I never got chance to meet a certain celebrity.....would my ticket be valid for the next day, or would I have to start all over again?

DavidB    1,955

Tickets have only ever been valid for that particular day.